Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

It has nothing to do with the animations, does it? I will say that DBC'14 is superior than EA 07 - by miles! But EA 07 had more fluid animations, and that is my personal opinion. I do hope to be proven wrong, when I actually play the game.
The same topic was discussed in great detail when the bowling action was first shown!!

Robotic compared to what? They are for all intents "robots"...

The way games are evolving into something so huge - the next-gen and all - the characters are supposed not to act as robots. This is where all the realism comes from.

Just to point out the deficiencies that I personally noticed:

The bowler's head never moves in accordance with his body. This, I think, makes the whole action look awful.

The catches seem unreasonably quick and abrupt! I think the fluidity is the missing factor there. See the diving catch and the catch in the slips. It's there in both these scenarios.

It's just a couple of examples mate. See the trailer once again and you might notice them, too, now. Again, gameplay is the king. And if it is what we all think it is, I don't think all the other things are going to be much of a problem here. But, as you intend to make it a leading franchise in the cricket gaming niche, you will have to sit down one day and look at each and every aspect - including the animations.

P.S: The feel-good music in the beginning of the trailer is just awesome! Loved it!

I really dig the bowling actions, both spinners and quicks. Was one of my main gripes of previous games.

Well if Ross decides to release it next year, I think many hearts of cricket lovers including me will be broken by not seeing two promised games of this year

By next year I mean the game may extend upto 31 December 2014:rolleyes

The way games are evolving into something so huge - the next-gen and all - the characters are supposed not to act as robots. This is where all the realism comes from.

Just to point out the deficiencies that I personally noticed:

The bowler's head never moves in accordance with his body. This, I think, makes the whole action look awful.

The catches seem unreasonably quick and abrupt! I think the fluidity is the missing factor there. See the diving catch and the catch in the slips. It's there in both these scenarios.

It's just a couple of examples mate. See the trailer once again and you might notice them, too, now. Again, gameplay is the king. And if it is what we all think it is, I don't think all the other things are going to be much of a problem here. But, as you intend to make it a leading franchise in the cricket gaming niche, you will have to sit down one day and look at each and every aspect - including the animations.

P.S: The feel-good music in the beginning of the trailer is just awesome! Loved it!

If you want flawless perfection go stare at a photo of Sophie Marceau.

Just a quick query RE: release date (and I don't mean to moan about it...I personally am not fussed either way...would be nice to know but regardless of when it comes out I'll be buying it) couldn't you attempt to "piggy back" on the back of the fallout from the Ashes 2013 debacle? Basically all I mean is release statements that essentially say "we want to be the ones who give cricket games a better name..." or something. Distance yourself from that disastrous effort pile of crap and mount your own case...potentially cash in on the unrest felt by anyone who purchased the other game. I'd guess it would actually be better to release sooner rather than later...because leave it too long and people could end up just rolling their eyes and thinking "oh...another cricket game".

That said I'm certain you guys have thought all the through as everything shown so far has looked great. Looking forward to the game.

Or give me an extra $40 million

That's the Bandwagon effect I was talking about in my earlier posts :D Here, at PC forums, you are simply not allowed to point-out the shortcomings. You can either praise the things you apparently like - or are liked by others - or you can quit the forums. There is no in between.

To Ross: I know you guys were short on a budget. But did I ever mention say 'what the hell is wrong with the animations. this game is shit. so weird looking players. blah blah.' I know you can't perfect it the very first time. But recognition is the basic step towards achieving better things. As you did with the commentary. You accepted that it will get repeated sometime. Eventually, you will better it, because you know there lies a problem. That was all my point, that you should at least recognize and neutrally evaluate someone else's findings. If it is wrong, you can put it in your to-do-list for the next iterations. Otherwise, what's the point of having feedbacks?

EA 07 had more fluid animations, and that is my personal opinion. I do hope to be proven wrong, when I actually play the game.

EA has the largest motion capture studio for a game company. And have the largest workforce. And EA 07 was like their 6th game or something?
This is BigAnt's FIRST game!

That is, for people who think the animations are robotic: I think the body motions are VERY good for a video game and the reason one could think it robotic is because the jersey isn't moving.
FIFA has mild movements while NBA2k14 on next gen looks a hell lot realistic due to that. DBC will get there in a few years.
Its impossible to have very fluid animations where they are not pre canned. In other words, its a choice between Fluidity vs Crucial gameplay features. You can't have both in this case.

That said, one thing I noticed is the bowler's head is very steady while he is running. Either that or the camera is stuck to his head that I get that feel. But otherwise its just awesome.

Great trailer the music was great

The games has not compromised regarding the quality well done BigAnt

:cheers:clap

Here's the trailer in 720p HD,if YouTube doesn't work in your country.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Official Trailer.rar
    28.7 MB · Views: 97
EA has the largest motion capture studio for a game company. And have the largest workforce. And EA 07 was like their 6th game or something?
This is BigAnt's FIRST game!

That is, for people who think the animations are robotic: I think the body motions are VERY good for a video game and the reason one could think it robotic is because the jersey isn't moving.
FIFA has mild movements while NBA2k14 on next gen looks a hell lot realistic due to that. DBC will get there in a few years.
Its impossible to have very fluid animations where they are not pre canned. In other words, its a choice between Fluidity vs Crucial gameplay features. You can't have both in this case.

That said, one thing I noticed is the bowler's head is very steady while he is running. Either that or the camera is stuck to his head that I get that feel. But otherwise its just awesome.

There's the problem with the bowler's head movement. It seems stuck at various occasions. But I don't think that anybody likes to hear about that here! :D

Users who are viewing this thread