Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

Here, at PC forums, you are simply not allowed to point-out the shortcomings.

You simply have misunderstood the whole system. You can point out the shortcomings but you need to back it up with some logical statements.
Also you must be able to accept others' opinions if you want yours to be accepted.
When majority of the people don't think its robotic, then where is the issue. Its just YOUR issue then, you can deal with it.

----------

There's the problem with the bowler's head movement. It seems stuck at various occasions. But I don't think that anybody likes to hear about that here! :D

I'm sure if you put it in the right way without complaining about others, they might well appreciate your effort.

You simply have misunderstood the whole system. You can point out the shortcomings but you need to back it up with some logical statements.
Also you must be able to accept others' opinions if you want yours to be accepted.
When majority of the people don't think its robotic, then where is the issue. Its just YOUR issue then, you can deal with it.

----------

I'm sure if you put it in the right way without complaining about others, they might well appreciate your effort.

The fact the issue was raised instantly on youtube should give you an idea of the way general gamers think.

It is BigAnt first game they have done very well in thier first game.

Only game that can beat this game is TableTop Cricket :p

Are people's minds not blown about how the ball reacts out of the hand, when it bounces, after it bounces, and then when it's hit. Or are we going to nitpick the shit out of the bowling animations which are fine by the way, especially for both spin bowlers they look amazing, and keep asking about the damn release date. Give it up people, you know what's happened over the past week or so, patience please.

Also I just watched the trailer again, people may be picking up problems with the head movement, because most of the shots of the bowler the camera is following the bowlers head. So its kind of giving the illusion that its not moving, have a look.

Awesome trailer Ross!!! Just didnt want it to end ever....it was damn good!!!:cheers

Cant imagine that we have already seen so much of this game, and yet there were some really exciting never-seen-before moments in that trailer :yes

That beautiful shot by Bradman!...loved it.!..Just waiting for that fine morning when I see the game released and the local retailer ships one copy to me.
Regarding the trailer..I don't see any flaws here...the points that Fissionmailed posted are absolutely correct.
Just keep up this good work Big Ant!:)

There's the problem with the bowler's head movement. It seems stuck at various occasions. But I don't think that anybody likes to hear about that here! :D
Err...you realise that in cricket a bowlers head IS supposed to be as still and the eyes as level as possible throughout the run up and the delivery itself? If a bowler came in with with his/her head wobbling around they'd bowl shit all game! And as far as the fielding/catching animations go, it's pretty close to what you're going to get in a real match, were you expecting it to go in slow motion or something?
Considering this is Ross's (and Big Ants) first crack at a cricketing game you'd have to say they've done extremely well with the animations.

Great work on the trailer. It justified the great name of Sir Don Bradman and deserve applause. Wishing here all the success.:thumbs

That's the Bandwagon effect I was talking about in my earlier posts :D Here, at PC forums, you are simply not allowed to point-out the shortcomings. You can either praise the things you apparently like - or are liked by others - or you can quit the forums. There is no in between.

To Ross: I know you guys were short on a budget. But did I ever mention say 'what the hell is wrong with the animations. this game is shit. so weird looking players. blah blah.' I know you can't perfect it the very first time. But recognition is the basic step towards achieving better things. As you did with the commentary. You accepted that it will get repeated sometime. Eventually, you will better it, because you know there lies a problem. That was all my point, that you should at least recognize and neutrally evaluate someone else's findings. If it is wrong, you can put it in your to-do-list for the next iterations. Otherwise, what's the point of having feedbacks?

You can get lost somewhere mayte.. BA have done a great job.. We ll b playing this game for years to come.. Gameplay is amazing.. I could never imagine anyone making a cricket game of this quality.. No offense to any game developer but BA has raised the benchmark for
Cricket game..

This is how I've interpreted it too. The only thing that worries me is that I don't know how late a release date can be left, and how much notice it then needs after announcement before it can go on sale. Presuming it's at least a few weeks, possibly longer, every day we don't know something, is pushing it a bit further along that window. Hopefully it is just a guess of being sure of their decision rather than drastically changing proceedings though.

Well this week has taught us that you don't need fanfare, you don't need lots of time between the release date announcement and release date to get onto the front page of the newspaper. Of course you don't need a particularly good "game" either....

In all seriousness though, they can probably move quite quickly given the period we are in with Christmas round the corner. A lot of people will be wandering around shopping centres looking for presents/ideas and see it.

Last edited:
No offense to any game developer but BA has raised the benchmark for Cricket game..

Which may say more about the general state of cricket gaming than it does about anything else. No offence to BA, and I hope this game will be great fun to play, but graphically it appears to be in the MLB2K/Madden camp animation-wise, rather than up there with The Show/Backbreaker etc., and that's a real shame.

Great trailer Ross/Bigant. People saying the animations are not perfect we know but they are so much better than any other cricket games.

PS I don't count Ashes 2013 as it was not a game.:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread