Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

hey lets all of us start tweeting about don bradman cricket,some thing like "checkout the trailer of #DBC14#awesome (link provided)" :cheers

hey lets all of us start tweeting about don bradman cricket,some thing like "checkout the trailer of #DBC14#awesome (link provided)" :cheers

Maybe MattW should write an article on it (comparing the two games), he is currently the talk of the town :thumbs!

Just saw Bradman's finger going into the bat...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 73
I am not saying either way what is to happen but an opportunity taken away, thwarted or otherwise stolen is not one missed.

Obviously I'm not partisan to the content of the discussions that are going on, but to me the idea of postponing the release of your game because of something to do with another game is bordering on the absurd. Aside from showing a lack of confidence in your consumer market to distinguish between basic differences of whatever you perceive the problem to be, it also shows a lack of confidence in the game itself in my opinion. Put your front foot forward and hit that ball to the boundary with pride.

It's been mentioned on here about 'the man in the street' or whatever, but I don't know exactly how many of these you're counting on buying your game full price anyway. The core market is obviously the gaming community of cricket fans, the average person in which I would say is probably smart enough to tell the difference between two games, one that is terrible, and one that is great. Anyone who doesn't have the patience or threshold to care probably isn't someone that would be playing the game anyway, particularly as it seems designed more towards the serious player in my mind, given the controls and detail and so on. People who care about cricket games and are thus likely to perhaps buy one either know what's going on, or would be likely to find out before buying in my opinion. Anyone who just thinks "oh, there's a rubbish cricket game that got cancelled so I won't buy any", probably wouldn't be a potential buyer in there first place in my mind.

In terms of budget and marketing or whatever, take a look at the FIFA and PES series. FIFA has all the money, all the licenses, can do pretty much whatever the hell they like and people buy it because it's all shiny and whatever, and you don't have to put any effort in. PES can be updated in a matter of minutes to have all the correct names, kits, logos, etc, has generally had by far superior gameplay since the beginning, except for a few years following the move to PS3, etc, when everything had to be rebuilt from scratch, and yet of course, every year millions of people go and buy FIFA regardless of gameplay because it's got the FIFA name on it and the marketing campaigns with the players and so on. The PES team have never gone "oh no, FIFA's releasing this month, we better postpone our game until next year because no one will buy it" - if that's the mindset, you've already lost. You have a Christmas market, during an Ashes series (which is when people are most in the mood for a cricket game in my opinion), with no competition, the good reviews will inevitably come in, people can see it's good and go and buy it. The longer it's left, the more people will have spent that money on something else, or moved to next gen, or lost interest until the next Ashes series, etc, etc, etc.

To change the planned release date at this point just seems so incomprehensible to me, I could only see it losing sales, particularly if the casuals have lost interest in cricket again for a while, and people waiting anxiously for it now could have moved on to other games or platforms that are coming out and so on. The game is developed and finished, get it out there, let people buy it, whether they do that this month, next, the one after or beyond, and use the marketing and reviews to start momentum for the next one. All just my opinion of course, but it seems bizarre to me for you to even be contemplating changing the plan at this point if that is the case, regardless of what's happened. Perhaps you think I'm underestimating the impact of what's gone on, but in turn it would seem to me that you're overestimating it if release was put back for that reason alone.

All just my opinion of course. I understand the hesitation at a big moment, I just hope you have faith in your product and consumers and don't give in to fear, which apparently is the path to the dark side.

Obviously I'm not partisan to the content of the discussions that are going on, but to me the idea of postponing the release of your game because of something to do with another game is bordering on the absurd. Aside from showing a lack of confidence in your consumer market to distinguish between basic differences of whatever you perceive the problem to be, it also shows a lack of confidence in the game itself in my opinion. Put your front foot forward and hit that ball to the boundary with pride.

It's been mentioned on here about 'the man in the street' or whatever, but I don't know exactly how many of these you're counting on buying your game full price anyway. The core market is obviously the gaming community of cricket fans, the average person in which I would say is probably smart enough to tell the difference between two games, one that is terrible, and one that is great. Anyone who doesn't have the patience or threshold to care probably isn't someone that would be playing the game anyway, particularly as it seems designed more towards the serious player in my mind, given the controls and detail and so on. People who care about cricket games and are thus likely to perhaps buy one either know what's going on, or would be likely to find out before buying in my opinion. Anyone who just thinks "oh, there's a rubbish cricket game that got cancelled so I won't buy any", probably wouldn't be a potential buyer in there first place in my mind.

In terms of budget and marketing or whatever, take a look at the FIFA and PES series. FIFA has all the money, all the licenses, can do pretty much whatever the hell they like and people buy it because it's all shiny and whatever, and you don't have to put any effort in. PES can be updated in a matter of minutes to have all the correct names, kits, logos, etc, has generally had by far superior gameplay since the beginning, except for a few years following the move to PS3, etc, when everything had to be rebuilt from scratch, and yet of course, every year millions of people go and buy FIFA regardless of gameplay because it's got the FIFA name on it and the marketing campaigns with the players and so on. The PES team have never gone "oh no, FIFA's releasing this month, we better postpone our game until next year because no one will buy it" - if that's the mindset, you've already lost. You have a Christmas market, during an Ashes series (which is when people are most in the mood for a cricket game in my opinion), with no competition, the good reviews will inevitably come in, people can see it's good and go and buy it. The longer it's left, the more people will have spent that money on something else, or moved to next gen, or lost interest until the next Ashes series, etc, etc, etc.

To change the planned release date at this point just seems so incomprehensible to me, I could only see it losing sales, particularly if the casuals have lost interest in cricket again for a while, and people waiting anxiously for it now could have moved on to other games or platforms that are coming out and so on. The game is developed and finished, get it out there, let people buy it, whether they do that this month, next, the one after or beyond, and use the marketing and reviews to start momentum for the next one. All just my opinion of course, but it seems bizarre to me for you to even be contemplating changing the plan at this point if that is the case, regardless of what's happened. Perhaps you think I'm underestimating the impact of what's gone on, but in turn it would seem to me that you're overestimating it if release was put back for that reason alone.

All just my opinion of course. I understand the hesitation at a big moment, I just hope you have faith in your product and consumers and don't give in to fear, which apparently is the path to the dark side.

Ross is consulting 'Market Experts' on this. They would have a better idea on what should be done. Its Ross' investment, give him the room and space he needs to be sure that what he is doing is correct. If this game does not succeed because there was an error in judgement regarding its release time, then it wouldnt matter to you and most of us.....we would still continue to live our lives and move onto other games, however it would impact Ross and his colleagues the most. This game is important not only for Ross and Co. but also for the gaming industry in Australia which is not at its peak.

You would get to play the game irrespective of when it releases. So be patient. Ross could have easily given an excuse like the game is not ready, or infact no excuse at all (Remember GTA V????)....however he is open to us about everything because he feels we are a part of this journey. Just because he tells us everything does not mean we should take everything for granted and start ranting about how he might be wrong etc. We all are not experts by any stretch of imagination....NO....Not even close. Being a gamer or a consumer does NOT make you an expert. Else companies would not have had to pay the market analysts and experts the huge sums of money that they need to, they could have easily picked any Tom Dick or Harry from the street and asked them to analyze the market for them.

I would have appreciated had you given your point of view as a gamer/consumer. However, using terms like 'Absurd', "incomprehensible", "I could only see it losing sales", "Bizzare", etc are not only unfair to Ross, but they just sound stupid as you obviously do not know anything about the market.

Guys, it doesn't matter what we say, what scenarios we dream up, what reasons we put forward to when the game should be here tomorrow or March. The fact of the matter is that we aren't marketing experts, we aren't prophets. Any scenario or reason to release then or there has probably been considered already. I would be extremely surprised if ANY comment on here changed the release date by a microsecond.

I for one, would be more angry if a game that Big Ant put years of effort into bombed so they could commit the the 2013 "promise" left to a tiny percentage of the market.

As much as it sucks now, the game could be better for it in 2 years time, while you wait, play cricket coach, captain or heroes, heck, play a little flash game like smashtastic cricket or something. Go Christmas shopping, enjoy Christmas with your families and come back in January ready to play an amazing cricket game!!

Ross is consulting 'Market Experts' on this. They would have a better idea on what should be done. Its Ross' investment, give him the room and space he needs to be sure that what he is doing is correct. If this game does not succeed because there was an error in judgement regarding its release time, then it wouldnt matter to you and most of us.....we would still continue to live our lives and move onto other games, however it would impact Ross and his colleagues the most. This game is important not only for Ross and Co. but also for the gaming industry in Australia which is not at its peak.

You would get to play the game irrespective of when it releases. So be patient. Ross could have easily given an excuse like the game is not ready, or infact no excuse at all (Remember GTA V????)....however he is open to us about everything because he feels we are a part of this journey. Just because he tells us everything does not mean we should take everything for granted and start ranting about how he might be wrong etc. We all are not experts by any stretch of imagination....NO....Not even close. Being a gamer or a consumer does NOT make you an expert. Else companies would not have had to pay the market analysts and experts the huge sums of money that they need to, they could have easily picked any Tom Dick or Harry from the street and asked them to analyze the market for them.

I would have appreciated had you given your point of view as a gamer/consumer. However, using terms like 'Absurd', "incomprehensible", "I could only see it losing sales", "Bizzare", etc are not only unfair to Ross, but they just sound stupid as you obviously do not know anything about the market.

Yes you are right ... Ross Still don't edit his post its means there is still a chance for chrismis release ...:)

don't get me wrong , its completely BA decision on release date to extend or not ,its BA product , the anxiety and curiosity among the people to know the release date because it was said to be released in this year irrespective of marketing strategies,but hope BA will take the right decision on release date ,we love the game,whenever u release we will enjoy it for sure.

I was just posting my opinion, which is what forums are for, and that's all it was - I genuinely can't see how postponing release would help sales was my point. I tried to make it clear that I understand the weight he might be feeling behind the decision and I'm certainly not trying to force anyone's hand because I know the game will come when it comes. It just seems illogical to me to pull out of an intended release and hope it does better if you release it a bit later. There's just as much chance that it won't.

Remember next year there is a FIFA world cup in the summer so that will affect this game too.

Would you advise waiting forever until you are sure there are no other "factors" that might affect your sales?

Remember next year there is a FIFA world cup in the summer so that will affect this game too.

Oh please....stop making stuff up that you can't back up at all

Obviously I'm not partisan to the content of the discussions that are going on, but to me the idea of postponing the release of your game because of something to do with another game is bordering on the absurd.

Ross is in a position where he has to consult other market professionals to assist in the decision making process. Yet people on here still think they know better. THAT is the only absurdity here.

Last edited:

Ross is in a position where he has to consult others to assist in the decision making process. Yet people on here still think they know better. THAT is the only absurdity here.

Eh?

Football is the main sport around the world and ea bring a football game out for every world cup.

You saying that won't affect a cricket game?

Of course it will.

Ross is in a position where he has to consult other market professionals to assist in the decision making process. Yet people on here still think they know better. THAT is the only absurdity here.

Again. Opinion. :facepalm

Market professionals know the best time to sell games is during big events like the ashes.

Don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread