Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

I'm proud of what the guys have produced, really proud.

There are issues, always will be, but there are a few things to remember.

We are well aware of the issues in our game, we are saying this is what you can have for your money, and showing you prior to purchase. I am not saying there are no issues. It's seems that anytime there is a disagreement with a view on here someone is said to be defensive or angry.

I've been upfront in saying that this is not FIFA/Madden, if I could make those with 10% of the budget required then I would be some kind of miracle worker indeed, and probably too busy laying back on a tropical island somewhere to bother doing much else...

We have stayed true to our word and all footage is from the game as you will receive it. You have a clear understanding of what you will be purchasing.

Hi Ross, I have not posted on here for a while but I was able to meet you at the play session! I really enjoyed trialling the game and can't wait to get my hands on it like everyone else!

The release of the ashes game last week was really detrimental to everyone! I understand and so should everyone that now is probably not the right time for you to release.

I understand that AC13 did make the front page of the newspaper here in Melbourne but can I ask what you guys are doing to sprook up your product other than on this forum?

We want you to reap as much reward for your hard work as possible! What I saw and experienced at the play session demonstrates that you truly deserve it! Everyone needs to know about DBC14. Not just those that are a member of the forums!

I wish you all the best with the release strategy! Thank you for your efforts in bringing cricket back to life again onto gaming platforms!

Trailer is alright. Didn't really see any gameplay action but I suppose that's what trailers do.

There's some odd things about the game I'm not sure about such as - contact doesn't seem to be made with the ball, ball seems to leave oddly from bowlers hands and the biggest oddity is the batsman just stands still for several seconds after a shot as if frozen in time till that animation thread is killed off by the controlling master process.

I am also not too sure about the right stick controls. I hated that in the golf games. I like my anticipate where ball will pitch, select your direction and hit face button for shot with varying power. IC10 did it quite well.
Cricket is tough to implement by its very being but it is possible to still have a fun game.

Still, lets see how the game will be when it releases. Hopefully it will be better than AC2013.

Experience has taught me to keep low hopes and expectations and then you will get better rewarded for cricket games.

Love the trailer....have loved everything i have ever seen about the game.
Very disappointed that we wont be having a christmas release....cant see how that can be done now unless someone can prove me wrong. Missed opportunity! :noway

I am not saying either way what is to happen but an opportunity taken away, thwarted or otherwise stolen is not one missed.

I would say that had they cancelled prior to release some time ago and we were in the market then they would not have had the press they have and the Ashes brand would be still intact.

Trailer is alright. Didn't really see any gameplay action but I suppose that's what trailers do.

There's some odd things about the game I'm not sure about such as - contact doesn't seem to be made with the ball, ball seems to leave oddly from bowlers hands and the biggest oddity is the batsman just stands still for several seconds after a shot as if frozen in time till that animation thread is killed off by the controlling master process.

I am also not too sure about the right stick controls. I hated that in the golf games. I like my anticipate where ball will pitch, select your direction and hit face button for shot with varying power. IC10 did it quite well.
Cricket is tough to implement by its very being but it is possible to still have a fun game.

Still, lets see how the game will be when it releases. Hopefully it will be better than AC2013.

Experience has taught me to keep low hopes and expectations and then you will get better rewarded for cricket games.

Hopefully it will be better than AC2013 are you dreaming, of course it will be better. I don't even class AC2013 as a game or nearly worse game of all time its up there.

----------

Hey Ross has IGN interview come out yet.

Not yet, they did give us a nice headline.

Guys , really not neccesary to diss and call the critics names etc.

Its no use , everyone just sits in a circle and sings amen each time something comes out of the mouths of BA.

We all like the game , we are all going to buy the game . If no negative feedback is allowed , please state it upfront and be honest about this being a Bigant Fanboys only club , then we will know not to comment on anything negatively or risk ridicule.

@ Ross , i fully understand and respect your reply . At least you admit there`s minor issues , I guess you wouldnt be a developer if there wasnt something to consistently try and tweak and perfect some more.

Job well done based on your limited budget etc.

Very first thing I did after thanks giving shopping was watching this trailer. It is so well done, watched it multiple times. :clap

Great first trailer, I see it more necessary to entice more people who haven't heard of the game, I don't think it affected me a lot because I still love those gameplay videos more than anything. Apart from the sound of the batsman getting clean bowled. That was sexy. (although some of the shots were great too)

In all, a lot of generic moments in the trailer (which is not bad), but I see it more as something that'd establish than overwhelm. I hope to see more 'gameplay' videos coming, because one of my friends was very impressed by the Big Ant Review and others signature features.

Brilliant job guys, keep it up. :)

One thing I was very happy with was the shot of the cover drive ie. foot forward, head over ball, left elbow held high, bat straight, etc - nice. The earlier videos I saw got me a bit worried when the cover drives looked like a combo of a sweep shot and cut shot.

Today South Africa(Proteas) plays Pakistan in the final ODI match, I'm gonna tweet to the Supersport Studios about how DBC14 trailer is, people will see this, google it and learn more of DBC, my lil' bit of promotion + Ross, the trAsh debacle hasn't moved an old man on his lazyboy here in S.A

Jimmy is awesome! It's great to have a full time sound department for sure, makes a huge difference.

btw notice the 010's :)

I did, make sure you let Iain know but I saw them on the stadium shots, I'm viewing on my mobile so can't wait to check it out again in HD when I'm back home.

...Jimmy sounds like a guy I'd love to get a beer with and chat his ear off. From the brief sounds I've heard, he's top shelf. Best "bowled" sound I've heard in a cricket game.

Ross, the other videos you were talking about where the different features will be unveiled, are those like this trailer or more of an gameplay walkthrough with commentary from the team?

i really appreciate the BA Team, fantastic trailer , expecting some more videos .:thumbs ,@ watch 7th second the glove of DON BRADMAN, watch left hand thumb ,did anyone noticed :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread