Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

Market professionals know the best time to sell games is during big events like the ashes.

Don't they?

They also know not to release a cricket game to close to the day in which the worst cricket game in history was released.

Market professionals know the best time to sell games is during big events like the ashes.

Don't they?

Yeh because it is obviously that simple. Just ignore all the other factors...

Eh?

Football is the main sport around the world and ea bring a football game out for every world cup.

You saying that won't affect a cricket game?

Of course it will.

Plus of course England and Australia, presumably the 2 countries where sales are expected to be highest, are taking part in the world cup which means that's what their fans will be focussed on from about May to July next year, and that's the sports game they'll be spending their money on.

Hi All, i've just come across this game due to the debacle that was Ashes 2013.

A big thank you to Big Ant. This looks lovely and i can't wait to re-create some of the great teams from the past. I would love this game now but i want them to get it as right as possible before release and take their time. I can play countless other games......but if you could hurry it up Ross it would make a great Christmas present lol.

I just imagine Ross sitting down with his professional marketing team as they present reasoned arguments and plans for the rollout of one of the biggest shakeups in cricket gaming for four years saying to them "...well that's all well and good but this dude on the internet said..."

Some of you guys are hysterical. Seriously. You think he's going to be taking marketing advice from someone hiding behind a user name on a forum?

It's a business, not a charity. BigAnt will protect their investment by any means and no one could have predicted the unprecedented "feganing" that went down this week.

...opinions are like assholes, everyone has em. Doesn't mean it's interesting for everyone to see them all the time.

Plus of course England and Australia, presumably the 2 countries where sales are expected to be highest, are taking part in the world cup which means that's what their fans will be focussed on from about May to July next year, and that's the sports game they'll be spending their money on.

I would have said the fact it would be the middle of bloody winter in Australia would be the major factor, regardless of a World Cup

I'd be surprised if the world cup affected sales all that much in England. It's a football dominated country anyway, with FIFA regularly being the top selling game. A world cup may boost sales, but those number would be huge anyway, so as a percentage it surely cannot be all that high.

I would have said the fact it would be the middle of bloody winter in Australia would be the major factor, regardless of a World Cup

AFL and Rugby League would have a more demonstrable affect in my opinion, but I'm not a market analyst* so I wouldn't know for sure.

Hint Hint....

Next person to compare DBC14 to FIFA gets banned. It's a ridiculous, irrelevant comparison.

I just imagine Ross sitting down with his professional marketing team as they present reasoned arguments and plans for the rollout of one of the biggest shakeups in cricket gaming for four years saying to them "...well that's all well and good but this dude on the internet said..."

Some of you guys are hysterical. Seriously. You think he's going to be taking marketing advice from someone hiding behind a user name on a forum?

It's a business, not a charity. BigAnt will protect their investment by any means and no one could have predicted the unprecedented "feganing" that went down this week.

...opinions are like assholes, everyone has em. Doesn't mean it's interesting for everyone to see them all the time.

I reckon you'd still be saying that if Ross had released the game now...not.

Are you here simply to justify everything bigant says or does?

Have you ever disagreed with Ross?

Doesn't mean it's interesting for everyone to see them all the time.

It's a forum, which is a place for discussion and sharing opinions. I never said he should take my advice, I'm just posting up what I think would be the right thing to do, or what I'd do in that position. As has already been mentioned, if you delay at this point there are only going to be more and more new factors that come up in the new year and you've also missed your peak market. Just my take on things. If it gets read then its also fan/consumer feedback, the consensus of which I'd assume would play some part at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread