Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I will say is if you're running on the assumption "the academy works fine, the game should play fine" it's wrong. The academy runs crazy-smooth on my machine but the game simply can't run at 1080p.

My cautious advice is to look at the "Maximum" specs as a guideline as to what will get the game running comfortably, if your machine has close-to or those specs, you'll be fine... anything less, you'll have to downgrade the graphics. I'm still tweaking my system but I'm not getting it nearly as good as I hoped it would be.

I'm going to try getting it going on my new machine via Bootcamp however.

My cautious advice is to look at the "Maximum" specs as a guideline as to what will get the game running comfortably, if your machine has close-to or those specs, you'll be fine... anything less, you'll have to downgrade the graphics. I'm still tweaking my system but I'm not getting it nearly as good as I hoped it would be.

Did this same machine handled AC09 very smooth at maximum specs? I would assume(might be wrong) if we were able to run AC09 smooth at max specs, DBC should be running without issues.

Can I run the game on my laptop
I5 processor
4gb ram
Nvedia graphic card 740m 2gb

The academy runs at 30 fps with maximum average settings in my laptop

3 GB ram
i3 2.27
1 gb ATI 5510

You are comparing numbers. It doesn't take much.

Memory - 2 Gig
Processor - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz / AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.01 GHz
Graphics Card - Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 with minimum 1gib memory

ATI means it is a 'Radeon' that means because 5510 is a lower number than 6670, it does not meet the requirements.

'Nvedia' means it's the NVIDIA one, so 740m is higher than 520, so it meets the requirements.

If it says Intel, it does not meet the requirements.

can you share the laptop spec and fps you got.

My laptop is decent, but only has bare-minimum specs for this game. I'm running the PC version fine, but have had to lower the resolution.

Did this same machine handled AC09 very smooth at maximum specs? I would assume(might be wrong) if we were able to run AC09 smooth at max specs, DBC should be running without issues.

That assumption is incorrect and, for what it's worth, was also mine. I ran AC09 on the highest specs just fine, smooth and looked great for a a 4+ year old title. DBC14 does not run comfortably on my machine with the same specs, it's just too graphically evolved for my older laptop.

I'm going to get it running on my new Mac via Bootcamp at some stage when I have the time to go through the installs n'shit, for now I'm tweaking the settings on my laptop which will have to do for now. But basically, use the RECOMMENDED specs as the better guideline, because if you're machine isn't near those it might be time to upgrade if you're wanting the best experience.

Again, do not use the Academy as a judge to whether or not the game will run.

That is interesting. Though AC09 is 4 years back, it required a powerful GPU as well to run in Max settings. Thanks for the info. :)

Can't wait to try this on a PC! :D

More than Ashes 2013 less than a 2009 Ford Mondeo.

Ashes 09 was a killer on my old laptop: had to play with "crowd" switched off....which didnt really bother me as they looked like a the kind of paper chain a 53 year old psychopath makes whilst contemplating what to do next with the scissors.....

....you really need a dedicated gaming laptop to play games on them. Which I have now.

Yeah, absolutely. As I said, I've got it running on my Laptop which is considered a "gaming" laptop, which I thought was going to cut it... but it does not look nearly as good as it should.

I got samsung Laptop with i5 processor, 4 gb & nvidia 610m [1 gb].
When i played AC09 from this laptop it lagged in day matches with full crowd, but ran smoothly in night matches. CA is also runnig smoothly. So can my machine handle DBC14? It certainly meet the min. requirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread