Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one committed, absolute date, and that is 7 November for the Premiere in Melbourne.

In terms of expectation - we have taken a *huge* risk that could go the wrong way but risks need to be taken or you will not get evolution. From the first line of manual (draft as that's what I have with me, sitting in a coffee shop waiting for my iPhone to finish updating OS!):

GETTING STARTED
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO Don Bradman Cricket 14
Don Bradman Cricket 14 is not like any Cricket game you have played before, the first thing to do before you pick up the controller is to forget all that you know about Cricket games past and start afresh?.

Bullshit is claiming something to be factual when it is not. Merely a light hearted tongue in cheek comment is not a claim of truth. However the fact the game has not yet released cannot rule out the possibility of it not relrasing in the near future. After all, only one thing is certain about the future, we shall all taste death

That's a bit heavy for a Friday morning... light hearted and tasting death in the same para, wouldn't mind staying with the light hearted and not the slippery slope of despair that was last week.

----------

You forgot taxes.

Grim Reaper's got nothing on the taxman!

Fair enough tab84 we won't know how good it is til we play it, but the whole 2015 thing has no substance, this isn't a forum of sycophants, if people don't like something they have a right to voice it, and generally constructive criticism, is welcomed. With regards to the ashes game we've seen nothing to suggest your 2015 statement is wrong, so you wouldn't have been jumped on. We've seen enough to believe this is a good effort, and we've had enough conversations from bigants guys to believe their word! They say 2013, it'll be 2013.

If a Christian walks into a mosque debunking their beliefs, they're gonna be defending their beliefs, its pretty much the same with people on here. Most of us at one time or another have had our posts attract unwanted reprisals, its not personal mate.

----------

You forgot taxes.

Shhhhhhh don't mention taxes

That's a bit heavy for a Friday morning... light hearted and tasting death in the same para, wouldn't mind staying with the light hearted and not the slippery slope of despair that was last week.

I was in a good mood till the fan boy called me stupid. Bet him and his mates have some right banter between them.

But all crap aside Ross, the thought that seems to have gone into the set up of the bowling mechanism has me impressed most. If it doesn't quite work the first time I hope you do not give up on anything that has potential. This genre seriously needs to be developed.

If you think about it the style of play in cricket games hasn't really evolved much from Graham Gooches cricket back in the early 90's
----------

Grim Reaper's got nothing on the taxman!

The Tax man had nothing on fool proof perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes. :-)

Also offering to quit my job to fly over to Melbourne is not 'blind love'. I believe I can find work elsewhere, have sufficient savings to survive for a while if I do not find a job and also to 'try' the game, not to fall in love and start a live in relationship with it. Its the curiosity and the desire to want to play a new cricket game that inspires me to take such drastic steps, not love.

The desire to play this game inspires you to want to potentially change your life by uprooting yourself and moving...

...yet you're having a go at the supposed 'fanboys' for something they posted on a website.

I've got to be missing something because this makes literally zero sense. I would have thought saying stuff like 'this game inspires me to do xyz' is the very definition of a 'fan boy'

Last edited:
The desire to play this game inspires you to want to potentially change your life by uprooting yourself and moving...

...yet you're having a go at the supposed 'fanboys' for something they posted on a website.

I've got to be missing something because this makes literally zero sense. I would have thought saying stuff like 'this game inspires me to do xyz' is the very definition of a 'fan boy'

It would make zero sense to you. You are 'blinded' by your love for the game.

If you were not you would not be making assumptions.

I was having a go at the fan boys I.e you for labelling someone stupid for a comment with which you did not agree.

As for taking a step that could drastic change my life, this step could happen at any time, planned or not. As for a change in my life, I have spebt years in Melbourne, have friends and family there so hardly a drastic change in terms of lifestyle. You may find it hard to adjust in another country, doesn't mean I will. You just assumed I will because the blind often assume. :-)

I'll leave it there for the sake of everyone else. If you've read any of my posts in the past you would know it isn't blind, nor is it love.

Good luck with potentially moving because of wanting to play a video game. Hope that works out to be an excellent life choice.

Edit: "If you thought about it logically, a week in Melbourne wouldn't necessarily have me sacked from work"

Yes, change 'I'd quit my job' to 'a week off work' to make it seem like you were 'joking'

I'll just continue to assume you're an idiot in that case.

Last edited:
Good luck in life.

If I could advise you just one thing it would be to not to assume. Do not assume one as being stupid for having a different opinion.
Just don't assume basically.

This is just a general message. Hitler based his evil ideology on assumptions.........

Thanks for wishing me luck, you again assumed a light hearted comment to be fact. If you thought about it logically, a week in Melbourne wouldn't necessarily have me sacked from work.

Aaah well, some people have a sense of humour, some don't. :-).

Last edited:
Good luck in life.

If I could advise you just one thing it would be to not to assume. Do not assume one as being stupid for having a different opinion.
Just don't assume basically.

This is just a general message. Hitler based his evil ideology on assumptions.........

Thanks for wishing me luck, you again assumed a light hearted comment to be fact. If you thought about it logically, a week in Melbourne wouldn't necessarily have me sacked from work.

Aaah well, some people have a sense of humour, some don't. :-).

Well, that's it... this thread is over.

Godwin's Law of internet arguments - YouTube

Hahahahaha. "Hitler" gets name dropped to win all of the internet today. Glorious.

I'll leave it there for the sake of everyone else. If you've read any of my posts in the past you would know it isn't blind, nor is it love.

Good luck with potentially moving because of wanting to play a video game. Hope that works out to be an excellent life choice.

Edit: "If you thought about it logically, a week in Melbourne wouldn't necessarily have me sacked from work"

Yes, change 'I'd quit my job' to 'a week off work' to make it seem like you were 'joking'

I'll just continue to assume you're an idiot in that case.

Tbh he has a point, who are you to judge and call him an idiot because he wants to move to melbourne to try a video game? so what? is there a rule somewhere that says you can't do that? Just because YOU think it's stupid doesn't mean he does which doesn't mean you have the right to call him an idiot.

But it's nice to see someone else has realized how narrow minded you are :thumbs

EDIT: Also nice that someone realized how literally you take everything rofl

Tab, I genuinely can't agree with what you're planning but I respect your commitment to this game (and the faith you obviously have in Big Ant). I hope you enjoy the game when it comes out.

I must admit some of this is sounding very philosophical and a little heavy when considering we are talking about a game after all.....death, Hitler etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread