Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing ea sports cricket and codies ..at least they were accurate about release date info and period :facepalm

Missing ea sports cricket and codies ..at least they were accurate about release date info and period :facepalm

So you would rather those companies over the company that is actively engaging with the community (for over 12 months now), asking for input into the game (which we have seen come to fruition), providing beta access to a key feature of the game and being open as possible regarding release information?

It is that type of ungrateful attitude which drives people away.

If DBC14 releasing in 2014....Its literally killing me without Sword....Without Poisoning me ....But With the words that says release date is shifted to 2013 to 2014

Didn't EA sports cancel a cricket game?
I can go one better with something I saw the other day, after Cricket World Cup 99 was a PC only release, the following was made as a claim of what would be in what ended up being Cricket 2000:
However, there is some fantastic news to emerge out of all this gloom! On September 1, 1999 (still in FY00), we will be releasing a PSX cricket sku, tentatively called EA SPORTS ICC World Cricket. It will have everything the World Cup product was going to have and more, carrying an International Cricket Council license, and hopefully the endorsement of the newly formed International Players' Association, which will mean that for the first time ever EA, or anyone else for that matter, will have EXCLUSIVE rights to all the current and past first class cricketers from every cricketing nation. More news on this soon.

The product will have test match, one-day, 4 day, county, provincial, state - you name it - action from all around the world - and it will be a Warne / Lara killer, and will sell for a lot longer than an event based sku due to the extra depth in content. This new PSX sku will effectively become the "FIFA" of the cricket gaming world, with all the players from all the leagues from etc. Stay tuned for more information when a new feature list has been finalised.
Cricket World Cup 99 - Features

Cricket 2000 ended up having almost no differences over 99 and even had a warning on the box to that effect.

EA did indeed also cancel Cricket 09 - it was planned as a PC only release because clearly EA didn't have an engine for a next-gen Cricket/Rugby game. They would have had Harsha Bhogle in commentary.

Jeyzuz. Harsha Bhogle... that was a bullet dodged.

You should have seen me promoting DBC14 to young local cricket leagues in my hometown,,,showed them screenshots, videos from my phone, told them to look out for it in stores before xmas, I have created awareness abt DBC14, I told them its the only cricket game to buy in 2013, it better be here this Dec *straight face*

I've (almost) given up trying to guess when it'll come out. I've been hoping maybe some retail site knows something we don't and asking at the stores, seeing what they have on their system, etc. At the end of the day they all vary and all probably know nothing more than we do.

The best I got from EB today when I bought Rugby League Live 2: World Cup Edition was that it's on their system for 31st of December this year, which the manager said was odd, but to her credit she didn't really try to speculate, she just said something along the lines of that "games are so unpredictable, some are brought forward, some slide and some turn up exactly when they say they will, so who knows". To be fair to her she was right and it gave me some perspective. I want this game, but I have plenty more going on in my life right now and it'll show up when it does.

I also pre-ordered because, in case any New Zealanders are wondering, we can get the steel box as a EB Games pre-order. So that was great news.

Hey man how good is Rugby League 2 good game best rugby league game and ps3 or xbox 360 witch is better.

How did we get to "hate?" all of a sudden, find a 5 on your dial mate... That's not what I said at all. Ravi Shastri is the guy you want hear say the same thing over and over again in a game, Bhoogle would be a cheese grater to the ears...

There's a reason why games generally go for middle-of-the-road commentators because they become wallpaper after a while. Best cricket game commentary was AC09 because it blends in nicely, with feature/personality stuff woven into the package from a variety of talent who are reasonably inoffensive. Tony Greig, would be the obvious example from AC09 who was just brilliant at 'getting' how game commentary works...

How did we get to "hate?" all of a sudden, find a 5 on your dial mate... That's not what I said at all. Ravi Shastri is the guy you want hear say the same thing over and over again in a game, Bhoogle would be a cheese grater to the ears...

There's a reason why games generally go for middle-of-the-road commentators because they become wallpaper after a while. Best cricket game commentary was AC09 because it blends in nicely, with feature/personality stuff woven into the package from a variety of talent who are reasonably inoffensive. Tony Greig, would be the obvious example from AC09 who was just brilliant at 'getting' how game commentary works...

He was a guy that definitely was 'getting it'.

First summer in my entire life that I'll be watching cricket without the great man behind the mic. :(

True legend, I was lucky enough to meet him a few months before he passed... signed a little note for me, was really special.

The way I understood it, you are telling me that Harsha would not be as effective in game as he is in real life? And Ravi Shastri's voice would suit better than his if compared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread