Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the NextGEN argument is the greater argument vs the Ashes series on right now as a reason for release. The longer that time elapses the more likely potential customers are going to upgrade consoles and move themselves away from old technology and games. I would say the case could be made for the "GTA Release" period being the old systems last hurrah... Games will of course continue to still be released for months (if not years) for the old systems but more and more people will be prioritizing new technology over niche sports titles released at the end of a consoles life span.

And even if people continue with the current gen (soon to be previous gen) consoles, they are unlikely to pay the same price for PS3/X360 games, which in turn would see the retail price of current gen games drop down leading to lower profit margins for everyone in the supply chain from developer to distributor to retailer.

Currently you can get PS4 & Xbone games for $59 in North America and I have already started hearing grumblings from gamers they don't want to pay the same for PS3 & X360. Post christmas, or as soon as we hit 2014, you will likely see current gen game prices drop.

@biggs you know I questioned very specifically what the UK distributor/publisher has been doing, right? Several times. It's not a question of what Ross is doing or whether he is pulling out all the stops, but that something in the chain is not right in UK terms. Amazon is the most obvious, but it's all UK retailers. Amazon magnifies things because it sells everything, but it shouldn't cloud the general point - it's odd that there is no sign of the game in the UK and I wonder what the reason for that is.

Switch it round, if a UK developer was saying how close to worldwide release they were but in Aus EB or other retailers didn't acknowledge the game, people would say "huh, that's weird."

As for the method, well maybe I can be over confrontational but when someone says something patently inaccurate, I call them on it. Amazon handle stuff, chickens fly (albeit poorly) ... I don't see how it helps anyone to pretend they don't.

----------

I think you're spot on about Next Gen though. However when I raised that before a certain man you admire told me I had no effing idea about the industry, so who knows what to think?

Last edited:
Its 10th of December in some parts of the world .. No release date yet. Surely we have to be past the cut off point already

I haven't read the previous pages yet... I will but in the meantime, I did not say that Amazon do not handle *any* stock at all, they do not handle ours. You could read that into my post but clearly soon after I said they do not handle *our* goods. To make argument about this is splitting hairs and pedantic at best. RLL WC is not *our* goods, I receive no more or less regardless of how it sells.

Many of the arguments and assertions here are far beyond simplistic and a thin veneer at best. I could boil it down to: Ross is stupid, he should have shipped the game. As said before 20/20 hindsight.

----------

Why is everybody assuming the announcement will come on a friday? I'm sure if the final pieces of the jigsaw came together in the next 24 hours we'd get an announcement pretty much straight away. It's clearly a day-by-day thing and it's also clear that 'cut-off' point has not been reached or we'd know by now. I don't have a clue about the industry but if Ross is confident he can get a game to market in a week or two then I'm sure it can be done.

because:

Awesome....so it is obvious you are announcing the date this Friday then....

----------

I think you're spot on about Next Gen though. However when I raised that before a certain man you admire told me I had no effing idea about the industry, so who knows what to think?

Even on platform holder estimates Next Gen may effect pricing but the previous gen will still have 20x units in the market by December next year.

As much money has been made on the tail of the previous Gens than was made during that Gen's life, as there are so many factors to consider. For instance, the COGS reduce by 90% in the tail as the Platform Holder fees drop (Sony/Microsoft). A game that sells for 50% of the previous price can be more profitable than it was before.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, you're not announcing the release date this friday are you?

I know you've said nothing so all we can do is assume that you're not :)

Kudos to whoever asks for a release date for the next gen version the day after the current versions come out. Someone will.

@glenny Lol. There will be news before Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread