Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can say is that I want the game out as early as possible and we are working towards that. As we could now not make Boxing Day I have let it be known.

Cheers Ross! Sounds great, thanks for keeping us updated!

I am assuming CA will go online at around 6pm as per usual with updates?

My bet is on the release date to be 23rd January, 2014. You heard it first here.

Things are the same the world over.... I'm sure they also remove all the good stuff from the shelves like they do here too :)

Don't get me started on that. It's a good trick though!

Changing the subject, I remember a while back (in August i think) I posted asking for a kind of development diary thing with an insight into the how the game is developed from the first ideas to actually making it and I'm sure you said that you planned to do this?! As a Christmas present to all your adoring fans (and haters) would there be any chance of an article/write-up about that? I know you're busy as sin and doubt you'll have time to write 1000+ (:D) words on it and I know we've already had plenty of updates, but I'm pretty sure a lot here would like to know this kind of thing. Maybe?! Well, I know i do either way!

Can anybody tell me roughly what time the CA will be available? Don't know if it has been asked already.

Before midnight is the aim. Hold on to that and you should get it "earlier than expected".

----------

Don't get me started on that. It's a good trick though!

Changing the subject, I remember a while back (in August i think) I posted asking for a kind of development diary thing with an insight into the how the game is developed from the first ideas to actually making it and I'm sure you said that you planned to do this?! As a Christmas present to all your adoring fans (and haters) would there be any chance of an article/write-up about that? I know you're busy as sin and doubt you'll have time to write 1000+ (:D) words on it and I know we've already had plenty of updates, but I'm pretty sure a lot here would like to know this kind of thing. Maybe?! Well, I know i do either way!

It's not something I'm currently thinking about with all that's on, but it will happen post release at some point.

Thanks for being honest and upfront about release Ross, look forward to getting some batting practice in before the big day when I can show the England batsman how to cherish their wicket :cheers

Someone that just ignores the facts is a troll.

The game people played in public was finished, as in a release candidate. If I knew what Ashes had in store then it would have been released prior. End of.

We wanted to release on Boxing Day, one of the biggest days in Australian Retail and the day of the Boxing Day test in Melbourne. The shops where I live are more packed on Boxing Day than any day prior to Christmas.

So are we right to assume the game was only finished a few weeks or so before the playsession? Because for a long period ashes was off the grid and then made a "1 day notice" return.

Yeah I also thought boxing day would have been a good time. Although surely the buzz in Aus regarding cricket + ashes flop would work in your favour no? Would the media not big your game up in comparison to ashes?

EDIT: Yeah that is what trolls generally do, but some of the things duded said are fact?

So are we right to assume the game was only finished a few weeks or so before the playsession? Because for a long period ashes was off the grid and then made a "1 day notice" return.

Yeah I also thought boxing day would have been a good time. Although surely the buzz in Aus regarding cricket + ashes flop would work in your favour no? Would the media not big your game up in comparison to ashes?

The Australian media, as with practically all international media, is notorious for focussing on reporting negative stories. Rarely do they like to reflect positively on anything, apparently that isn't 'what the people want' or some crap like that.

Will nets in the full game allow bowling?

If it's not in this version of CA and the full game was meant to be out on Boxing Day, then I doubt the full game will have bowling in the nets.

I don't recall reading that bowling 100% wasn't in the academy though, but I haven't ready everything here.

The Australian media, as with practically all international media, is notorious for focussing on reporting negative stories. Rarely do they like to reflect positively on anything, apparently that isn't 'what the people want' or some crap like that.

Ah okay fair play it was just a thought sometimes it happens :thumbs

Also why does this game seem so batting focused? Someone I was talking to brought up a point how in MattW video he is a bowler in his career mode but he didn't even get to bowl? It just skipped all of that?

I don't post here regularly and with good reason (all the abuse mainly) with all the negativity. I will say however that you have a mass of disappointed fans, and not just on this site. I have at least 6 friends who bought into the idea of this game and were willing to part cash but not anymore (at least at full price). Now they see Big Ant as a joke? Promises, unfulfilled. Here is my piece of Wisdom for you Ross. Run faster than your fears! If your game is strong enough then it would have stood the test! If you wanted to consume the market and lead the cricket gaming front then you should have been brave! Money is not everything and reputation is key. We respect you for keeping the lines of communication open but sometimes your manor has left people questioning.

Yeah ''6 friends'' is really a ''mass of people'' LoL

6 friends yeah yeah I get the joke, you're so clever spitfireskent! Understand the point however and you may see my reasoning. If everyone had at least one to two others who felt the way my friends do then it will make its mark in Big Ants intake. That's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread