Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This message is hidden because duded64 is on your ignore list.

Troll is a troll.

What an incredibly odd time to aim for. That was the best months of planning could come up with? Missing the Christmas buyers, coinciding with when most people will have next gen consoles which are not backwards compatible. Not able to be delivered in the post because of the holiday and letting down everyone who preorder by making it an awkward day to collect/not able to get it delivered.

Top marketing plans!

My oh my somebody has taken this badly, just let it go its only a game after all.:lol

But were you able to get UK and other global retailers on board regarding buying DBC14, whenever that may be?

Australia is easy, Boxing Day is a huge day for retail, one of the biggest of the year, especially with so many gift cards in the system, plus a boxing day test. It was indeed harder elsewhere.

My oh my somebody has taken this badly, just let it go its only a game after all.:lol

We get told for months that the delay is to get the release perfect and they come up with a public holiday with no postage, little exposure and a time where most people will be content with new gadgets and new gen consoles. Hardly inspiring is it? Laughable.

Personally I think its the right decision, I think the games finished and had Ross been able to release this month and it was economically viable we'd have it, logistically I think it would have been hard for bigant/trublu to get the game to everyone around Xmas and with next gen consoles and other big games releasing they've took the decision to hold off til the market is more in their side. I think they've made the decision to possibly use this extra time to add things to the already ready product, and credit should be given to them for that. They could of just sat on this game til the more appropriate time, but instead they're trying to improve it, if you look at it that way, giving us the nets as a goodwill gesture should be more than enough to show some gratitude towards them. I want the game as much as anyone else, but we've gotta understand the bigger picture. The better this game is and the better the market is for it, the better chance we've got of sequels and bein part of this franchise. I don't think we'll have to wait too long either.

What an incredibly odd time to aim for. That was the best months of planning could come up with? Missing the Christmas buyers, coinciding with when most people will have next gen consoles which are not backwards compatible. Not able to be delivered in the post because of the holiday and letting down everyone who preorder by making it an awkward day to collect/not able to get it delivered.

Top marketing plans!

Dude stfu right now this is expert marketing you idiot muppet troll.

In all honesty duded has valid points over the last few pages, it's pretty sad that ross has to resort to replying like some of the members that get flamed and just say "troll troll" when clearly he isn't trolling.

Well i wouldnt presume to know a thing about Aus, but i think Boxing Day would have been horrific in Uk terms. Huge retail day, certainly, but the expectation is sales/discounts, plus the post issue for pre-order deliveries.

Australia is easy, Boxing Day is a huge day for retail, one of the biggest of the year, especially with so many gift cards in the system, plus a boxing day test. It was indeed harder elsewhere.

Does that mean you are still working on getting the global retailers, especially the UK ones, on board?

FWIW We wanted the game to be released on Boxing Day, logistically we could not make that happen.

Do not read into this any prediction of the new date.

That clearly means it's releasing 27th Feb.

Ad up the numbers in 2014 = 7

Divide that by the number of digits in 2014 = 7/4 = 1.75

Taking 2014 again, If you add the 1 + 4 = 5.

Place that 5 between the 1 and 4 (removing the 2 and 0 from the front) you get 154.

Take 154/7 = 22

Minus .22 from 1.75 = 1.53

99.94 / 1.53 = 65.3

99.94 / 3 (magic number) = 33.3

Divide that by 10 (the number of days Martyn trolled before he was banned)

33.3 / 10 = 3.3

Take the 65.3 from above, minus the 3.3 and you get

62 days after boxing day is the 27th Feb. A thursday.

Simple.

Dude stfu right now this is expert marketing you idiot muppet troll.

In all honesty duded has valid points over the last few pages, it's pretty sad that ross has to resort to replying like some of the members that get flamed and just say "troll troll" when clearly he isn't trolling.

Someone that just ignores the facts is a troll.

The game people played in public was finished, as in a release candidate. If I knew what Ashes had in store then it would have been released prior. End of.

We wanted to release on Boxing Day, one of the biggest days in Australian Retail and the day of the Boxing Day test in Melbourne. The shops where I live are more packed on Boxing Day than any day prior to Christmas.

Well i wouldnt presume to know a thing about Aus, but i think Boxing Day would have been horrific in Uk terms. Huge retail day, certainly, but the expectation is sales/discounts, plus the post issue for pre-order deliveries.

But what about returns? I mean folks could pick up DBC14 when they return the stuff they don't want which is likely to happen between boxing day and mid January.

The game would not have been discounted. We have a history of holding price for years after release. Our AFL Live, three years old, is more expensive than the newer AFL Live 2 (just months old). The only time you will see a discount on our products is when the retailer has decided to cut their profit.

Could have just done the old 'inflate the RRP' trick to make people think they are getting a bargain.

Was ?79.95 Now just ?49.95 Save ?30!

*it was ?49.95 all along

Last edited:
Could have just done the old 'inflate the RRP' trick to make people think they are getting a bargain.

Was ?79.95 Now just ?49.95 Save ?30!

Problem is this would be the first game to be priced at 80 quids :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread