Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people (at least majority) are calling you a liar but I'm sure you do expect to cop a few when you claim "the game will be out in 2013 no matter what" and it gets pushed to 2014. Honestly I don't see anythhing wrong in that criticism.

Secondly when Rockstar delayed the game they also mentioned the updated release date which they were able to meet. So far we haven't seen that from Big Ant and for all we know the release date could be Dec 2014.

You are absolutely right their is no comparison between Rockstar and big ant ... Rockstar is a very very very big company ....big ant is just a underdog ...

I doubt it ,any sane customer would atleast request a playsession @store before buying,and i always believe only when a studio has a quality product they are brave enough to give a demo,yup it can backfire if not right,but if its good it sure is the best marketing.

hmm, maybe. I'm on pc so hadn't even considered playing the game in a store. Maybe having the nets at home gives you more time to get used to the controls and raises the chances of some customers buying.

Slight tangent, but I'm really not sure that this is a case where high quality will automatically mean everyone will love it and rush out to buy it, because whether or not the controls really deliver the "right" experience is so subjective.

I have a feeling the game I'd most like to play would be one that lots of other people would strongly dislike, just like I couldn't stand BLIC 05 or any cricket game since, even though loads of other people seemed to like them.

LOL - this is hilarious. I cant believe people are cribbing about everything despite being promised NETS as early as Friday !

Like ross said, the biggest of the games get delayed and even cancelled.

My most awaited game of this year (And now next year) - South Park: Stick of Truth was supposed to release in April 2013. Then got delayed to 'definitely releasing in 2013'. Then finally delayed to April 2014 (I think). And all these announcements were made publicly in the media and through company spokesperson

BigAnt has done nothing wrong - there are 2 posts on a forum that say release in 2013. That is all. Then began the whole speculation and guesswork, and it is us who are to blame for that, not Ross or BigAnt. So all the disappointed people, blame the forums ;)

I think the problem is that, intended or not, a large part of the public has perceived this game to be essentially finished as much as four months ago. With this "delay" it is clear that wasn't the case. BigAnt never said it was finished, but there has been a large amount of confusion.

Who are you to tell everyone what to do? Nothing wrong with making them accountable. 505 were happy to post on here until everything went wrong and they stopped answering the tough questions, Ross is avoiding the tough questions now.

Don't want to read peoples posts, don't read peoples posts.

Well, when do we call the game finished? When it's playable? The play test seemed to indicate it was playable, even the really buggy version was playable.

When it's bug free? there are no bug-free games and Ross has always admitted this game will have bugs but committed to patch game-breakers, couldn't you say the game was finished even if there were still bugs?

Is the day one patch ready to go today if it released today? No idea. I suspect they may use the additional time to add stuff regardless. Does that mean it's not finished?

Nothing wrong with making them accountable..

Accountable for what? What genocide have they committed? Did they violate Geneva Convention? Attacked your country & stole your oil?

Don't want to read peoples posts, don't read peoples posts.

Funny thing. I actually didn't read any post. Especially not yours. I knew what would be in the thread after I got the update on FB. & I blindly dropped the bomb here. Guess it fell on you.

Snowy where are you? Lots of #^&T for you to clean up!!!!!!!

All said and done! right now we all know that DBC14 is coming next year. I for one going to support Ross on his decisions. There is no way this game would have been in a market full of relegation towards cricket titles.

It must have been very hard for ross to convince the retailers and assuring them that, this game is not a cash grab. And i am pretty sure that ross must have tried maybe up until today to get this game out in 2013.

Eventually Ross must have hit the bump on the road and would've been told that it not gonna happen. Knowing Bigant, trublu strategies even 2 weeks gap was enough for them to carry out a decent marketing campaign.

Priniting out disks and maybe not getting enough retailers purchasing the titles can be another problem. Let all of us be clear that atleast as a good will gesture Ross is releasing an CA update with NETS.

Other thing that tell me is being this a last version of CA, the game must not be that far away from release, it might just be matter of getting games into the countries and releasing simultaneously. :thumbs

I think the problem is that, intended or not, a large part of the public has perceived this game to be essentially finished as much as four months ago. With this "delay" it is clear that wasn't the case. BigAnt never said it was finished, but there has been a large amount of confusion.

They perceived it as finished because they were told had Ashes been released in June they'd have had DBC14 in September, or if Ashes had been cancelled earlier than it was they'd have had DBC14 by now - so of course people will perceive that. Ross isn't the kind of bellend to release a game before it's finished. It has been 'finished' for months I would guess, they've just been bug fixing and tweaking for a while, waiting for the right time to release.

Accountable for what? What genocide have they committed? Did they violate Geneva Convention? Attacked your country & stole your oil?

Funny thing. I actually didn't read any post. Especially not yours. I knew what would be in the thread after I got the update on FB. & I blindly dropped the bomb here. Guess it fell on you.

Lol, take a phrase completely out of context. Accountable to all the buyers of the game, if they are lying about the game being finished then they could be lying about many aspects of the game in the same way 505 did. You just read my post and quoted it, whoops.

I am pretty sure ross did say it was ready. He even said but for the ashes debacle the game would be in our hands by now. (he said that initially some time ago, and repeated it recently). He also never contradicted his self-appointed attack dogs who slaughtered anyone who suggested maybe it wasn't ready.

Now i personally read the "deliver the best game possible" bit not necessarily as an admission that the game isnn't ready but more an allusion to the fact that they could use the extra time to add more fixes etc. obviously he couldn't say it those words exactly, since that's pretty much what Fegan said.

I have one concern about one thing which i did share with someone in pm but i don't want to make it public as i really don't need the flaming. I might bring it up in pm with someone who was at the play session though.

Last edited:
Thank the lord he hasn't used the word 'polishing' in any of this. I'd have been off my balcony.

hmm, maybe. I'm on pc so hadn't even considered playing the game in a store. Maybe having the nets at home gives you more time to get used to the controls and raises the chances of some customers buying.

Slight tangent, but I'm really not sure that this is a case where high quality will automatically mean everyone will love it and rush out to buy it, because whether or not the controls really deliver the "right" experience is so subjective.

I have a feeling the game I'd most like to play would be one that lots of other people would strongly dislike, just like I couldn't stand BLIC 05 or any cricket game since, even though loads of other people seemed to like them.

yup its definitely a risk reward thing, and if its good its going to appeal to more people than it loses,and the game dev seem to have the faith in their product.So that's definitely a Plus.

Agree with you on blic05,and the whole ashes arc ,they were too arcadey for me,when you can hook a half volley u know the game is just not right,
i still prefer blic99,or modded c07, hoping DBC changes that.

I am pretty sure ross did say it was ready. He even said but for the ashes debacle the game would be in our hands by now. (he said that initially some time ago, and repeated it recently). He also never contradicted his self-appointed attack dogs who slaughtered anyone who suggested maybe it wasn't ready.

Now i personally read the "deliver the best game possible" bit not necessarily as an admission that the game isnn't ready but more an allusion to the fact that they could use the extra time to add more fixes etc. obviously he couldn't say it those words exactly, since that's pretty much what Fegan said.

Proplem with Mike fegan is their game is never finished ... on the other hand Proplem for ross is their company is not popular at all ..

Well, when do we call the game finished? When it's playable? The play test seemed to indicate it was playable, even the really buggy version was playable.

When it's bug free? there are no bug-free games and Ross has always admitted this game will have bugs but committed to patch game-breakers, couldn't you say the game was finished even if there were still bugs?

Is the day one patch ready to go today if it released today? No idea. I suspect they may use the additional time to add stuff regardless. Does that mean it's not finished?

The game at the playsession was releasable, it certainly demonstrated a game that is better than any Cricket game that has come before.

It was there for public play for six hours - point to the guy that says it was unplayable and not releasable. Facts are not to get in the way of troll "stories".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread