Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Chinaman. The game is probbably already big in Australia and will sell in the world cup times if it is already on the shelf? I think the best time to release is the Aus vs SA series - but that's just my opinion

You are right. Australia tour of South Africa 2014 will begin on Wednesday, February 12 to Mar 14. Two great teams' Battle. Looking forward to tatal 438. This Series & T20 WC will bring maximum cricket fever in AUS. best time to release the game-but that's just my opinion

Australia tour of South Africa 2014

This Series & T20 WC will bring maximum cricket fever in AUS.

I can tell you now it won't. Overseas tours and the T20 WC are both broadcasted on cable which generally means limited public interest. Sometime in the past month would have been best in terms of Australia. With the Ashes and the BBL, the nation was cricket crazy. Now the Ashes is over interest has already dampened and from February to April the three footy codes begin to take the headlines. Ultimately BA have missed the best release time for Australia. Nothing they could do, just the way it is.

You are right. Australia tour of South Africa 2014 will begin on Wednesday, February 12 to Mar 14. Two great teams' Battle. Looking forward to tatal 438. This Series & T20 WC will bring maximum cricket fever in AUS. best time to release the game-but that's just my opinion

It needs to be at the start of the series rather than at the end. Australia might get hammered, which would leave the game waiting for another upturn in Australia's fortunes. ;)

I can tell you now it won't. Overseas tours and the T20 WC are both broadcasted on cable which generally means limited public interest. Sometime in the past month would have been best in terms of Australia. With the Ashes and the BBL, the nation was cricket crazy. Now the Ashes is over interest has already dampened and from February to April the three footy codes begin to take the headlines.

When Your national team is playing cricket, you take interest in it & support them no matter where they are playing........When Big tournaments like these are coming up whole Nation should go cricket crazy no matter where it is........

Being on free television instead of pay makes a huge difference, being able to watch Australia's tour to South Africa or most matches of the World T20 (I think the finals, if we make them, would be on Gem) costs you a $74 a month subscription to Foxtel, that's buying DBC14 every single month of the year (which is a better way of spending the money).

The Ashes and Big Bash on the other hand are on free to air TV, so everyone in the country can (and pretty much did with the record ratings) watch, instead of the 30% that have pay television here.

I don't subscribe to Foxtel, which means all I can do in the winter months is just see short highlights packages - not follow along with the tour (some of it is on radio, but that's not as good).

It doesn't mean everyone forgets about cricket, but it isn't anything like the Summer months of local cricket.

That said, I don't think the specific matches being played at the time of release will factor at all into their release timing and their history of maintaining prices in the market will mean it won't matter to them when someone wants to play a cricket game.

lol here our subscription costs wont go above 10$ in most cases even if i subscribe to a lot of channels ,with 74$ that i can almost subscribe for 2 years with the dth service in my place.

----------

pluss it seems i get cookware free

There is no cricket in the UK on free-to-air TV.

It's a shame, channel 4's coverage was good and I grew up watching bbc's coverage. It should be accessible to all when the national team is playing!

It's a shame, channel 4's coverage was good and I grew up watching bbc's coverage. It should be accessible to all when the national team is playing!

I think most people should be grateful that they didn't watch the ashes series.
Only Sky subscribers saw how embarrassing our team was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread