Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blockerdave^
A problem might be that, at junior level, the captain always has to do whatever the coach says, the coach often being the umpire, so right next the players. They always have the say with bowling changes and field placings from my experience up to Under 16/17. It doesn't give the captain any confidence or room to develop as a leader (the coach also giving team talks).

Perhaps this helps at a young age, but from my experiences as a junior captain I would have preferred more space.

i think there's this plus in this particular set up what freedom do they have to go with their hunch even if they have one?

Scratch me old cucumber you need to come up with a new approach or I am going to be a bit of an a*sehole..............................and a bit off an arsehole is the worse thing ever.....

i think there's this plus in this particular set up what freedom do they have to go with their hunch even if they have one?

That and the fact that cook wasn't a captain at any level before his appointment, as I see it he was given the captaincy as he was a very talented player who was goin to be around a long time, when really he should have been left to do what he's best at and leave the captaincy to someone who's been and done it! If history has taught us anything its that you can't give the captaincy to people who aren't leaders or a captain at county level ( Botham, flintoff, pieterson ). To be honest I'm not sure who I'd have picked to do it, or if anyone else put their hand up, before this series maybe a swann or prior but there retired and shot respectively so I don't know!!

@blockerdave^
A problem might be that, at junior level, the captain always has to do whatever the coach says, the coach often being the umpire, so right next the players. They always have the say with bowling changes and field placings from my experience up to Under 16/17. It doesn't give the captain any confidence or room to develop as a leader (the coach also giving team talks).

Perhaps this helps at a young age, but from my experiences as a junior captain I would have preferred more space.

Fortunately I had a different experience of captaining at junior level. Even when I was U11 captain (both when I was the younger and older year) I was given plenty of freedom (although advice was always at hand) and even more freedom was given when captaining the U13 side (both years as well). Everything on the field was down to me.

Obviously it depends on the coach, but i certainly felt I became a (better) 'leader' quicker through taking on pretty much all the responsibility myself and only being allowed to asked for advice before, during the break for innings and after the game (as well as during training of course).

Even though it's your standard 'job interview cliche', I do actually feel this responsibility at such an early age did help me a lot as I got older. It's how it should be in my opinion.

Visiting this page after some time.... Anyone, please let me know if Ross had confirmed the announcement of release date before Feb..... :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread