Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I know - $hit happens and stuff gets pushed, etc etc and none of us want an AC13 debacle again.

AC13 was pushed because it was not prepared and had bugs. We all know that there is no such issue with DBC14. Tru Blu is just busy calculating the time for getting maximum profit.

Last edited:
Logitech F310 only $20 its just like a Xbox 360 controller with all the Xbox 360 controller mapping and no need to run X360ce emulator. PC games detect this controller as a Xbox360 controller. cheers

Would be nice if BA atleast clarified it.

well, BA have said clearly the release date will be announced before 1st feb, unless something "more calamitous" than the Ashes 13 release happens.

so if it gets to 1st feb and they haven't announced release (and nothing calamitous occurred) then by all means get in line and fling some sh*t at the fan...

i would highly doubt anything more than superficial tinkering with the day 1 patch has occurred as a result of the delay from 2013, since there simply won't have been the development time.

AC13 was pushed because it was not prepared and had bugs. We all know that there is no such issue with DBC14. Tru Blu is just busy calculating the time for getting maximum profit.

Well if they were looking for a date to release to maximise profit, they've missed it. That would have been just before or during the Ashes, not after them.

I don't know I never played 07 (co'z of mouse controls involvement maybe) but I'm waiting for a good cricket game since BLC99 Cricket 2005 and 2007 were good but not good enough... not to mention the disasters: Ashes 2009 and IC2010..

Installed IC2010 yesterday and deleted yesterday :noway

Cricket 07 is the best game till date.
You should try playing it before you try DBC14.

hmmm okay if you say so... will it run on my pc :D I mean win8 x64 ?

edit :

The best feature of Cricket 07 was improved player control and easy stroke play. Introduction of Ashes section was also an attractive feature. There was also an addition in commentary department as Mark Nicholas had joined Richie Benaud.

Despite of very easy gameplay, certain flaws were quite predictable. Play exhibited by PC was so lethargic that even if the PC needed 20 runs of 4 balls, it would exhibit a defensive play which was frustrating for the controller.

Some flaws in the gameplay include:

Decisions of Umpire are horrific particularly the wide balls and the lbw decisions.
Fast bowlers like Brett Lee and Shadid Akhti can consistently bowl at 160 km/hr.
Controller can run even after ball hits the stumps (in an unsuccessful runout attempt) and the extra run taken is counted.
When the ball hits the pads of batsman, falls in front of the wickets and batsman attempts a run; wicketkeeper doesn't move, rather a fielder from short thirdman comes to pick the ball. In the means time run is successfully completed.

Source Wikipedia....

I think I'll pass

Last edited:
I cant wait for dbc 14 when is the predictable release date ross atleast tel us that??????

hmmm okay if you say so... will it run on my pc I mean win8 x64 ?

I haven't tried on win8, but the two posts below suggest that it is possible.

Cricket 07 on windows 8
Can anyone get it working? Because I can't...... Does anyone know how to get it working because I AM CRAVING SOME C07.

I have it working fine on Windows 8 64-bit, for a start, putting it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista helps.

No I'm sorry Cricket 07, patched or not, was abysmal.
Maybe for you. It became extremely popular among the cricket world, when it was released. Above all, it's still loved the most, specially in India :)
Hope that DBC14 also win everyone's heart the same way.

Maybe for you. It became extremely popular among the cricket world, when it was released. Above all, it's still loved the most, specially in India :)
Hope that DBC14 also win everyone's heart the same way.

The physics were crap, the player models were crap, the frame rate was crap, the sounds were crap. I just cannot see anything that would make me want to play Cricket 07 again. I admire anyone who made it out of 2006 still playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread