Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
reading it's review from IGN , Gamespot and some other websites also tell that that game is mehh... then again we're going offtopic... then again we have nothing else to discuss ?

My two defining memories of the EA series were hitting every ball over long on for six, no matter where it pitched, which was especially prevalent in Cricket 2007 and having areas where you were out bowled or lbw whatever you did.

Not to mention the awful crowds and crowd noises.

To agree with skater the physics was not all that good. But there are some fabulous patches and we have to remember no other better game was released yet...

To agree with skater the physics was not all that good. But there are some fabulous patches and we have to remember no other better game was released yet...

And that is a sad indictment of cricket games as a genre.

DBC 14 is the first cricket game that has really got my juices flowing since Brian Lara 2005, and despite all the fart-arseing around over releasing it I will back it all the way.

Cricket 2005 had it moments, momentum except a very frustrating bug (AI don't run) on the other hand I tried running Brian Lara Cricket 2007 on windows 8x64 , wasted whole day but no success.. It was a good game though. I miss it :noway

As for BLC99 AKA Warne99 that was a plain awesome cricket game even till this day.... we used to play it all the day and night and never got bored... The third umpire red/green lights screens were just great.... the only thing I hated about 99 was long animations and animation skipping problems / unorthodox shots etc.

Ashes 2009 on the other hand was frustrating at first (you get LBW / caught to slip or keeper without a reason and you couldn't LBW snick the AI) if I remember correctly...

Do I still need to explain about IC2010 and Ashes 2013 ? :D

Last edited:
My biggest problem with old cricket games was the fact I never got proper patches for them that improved the game.

Nostalgia is a fine thing though. I've recently repeatedly started playing IC10, AC09 and EA05 to help ease the wait for DBC14 before realising that they were indeed shite, despite me patching them recently, and putting them down 15 minutes later.

Well I'm just finishing my gaming backlog thanks to DBC 14 delay :P
Done with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dead Space 2 and 3, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, The last of us, Beyond two souls, Batman Arkham City, God Of War 3, WWE 13, Infamous 2, Dragons Dogma ...
Nowadays I'm busy with Metal Gear Rising and Batman Arkham origins. :D

The physics were crap, the player models were crap, the frame rate was crap, the sounds were crap. I just cannot see anything that would make me want to play Cricket 07 again. I admire anyone who made it out of 2006 still playing it.

Agreed. Up until now, the best cricket game I've ever played was AC09 (post patch 2 on PC) followed by BLC 99. None of EA's efforts come close to those two.

The physics were crap, the player models were crap, the frame rate was crap, the sounds were crap..
Still loved by many ?
Let's Look at Planet Cricket's rating:-
Cricket 07 :- 74/100
Brian Lara 07 :- 61/100
Ashes 09 :- 72/100

Though Ashes 09 and Cricket 07 do have almost same ratings, Brian Lara 07 do not even come close to them.

Last edited:
And IC10 beats all 3.
Anyway I didn't review C07... ;)

Although fielding as was the case with AC09 was basically broken in IC10 thus the game having but two legs to stand on, which were reasonably well done, fell over.*

*I am talking bar stools here, or some other analogy with three legs!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread