Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking the stance that if the date isn't announced by the stated date of 1st February then I'm just not going to buy the game.

What about the 2nd or 3rd of Feb. What about it being a week late but releasing by the end of Feb? Seems a bit of a harsh principle.

What about the 2nd or 3rd of Feb. What about it being a week late but releasing by the end of Feb? Seems a bit of a harsh principle.

I was going to say something about even if it was 2 minutes past midnight on 2nd February I'd still not buy the game, but then I just know Ross would deliberately time it to that to catch me out.

I was going to say something about even if it was 2 minutes past midnight on 2nd February I'd still not buy the game, but then I just know Ross would deliberately time it to that to catch me out.

You will buy it.

Just don't get this kind of self-imposed ultimatum at all.

I'm taking the stance that if the date isn't announced by the stated date of 1st February then I'm just not going to buy the game.
once the game is released.....
SonicRushing.gif

I promised myself I wouldn't get an Xbox One, and I walked into PC world the other day to get some earphones and walked out carrying an Xbox. Things change.

I wonder if you delete the comments that have nothing to do with the topic - release date, then how many actual on topic comments will be there. The 235 pages would drop down to say 30 pages?

On topic, I think this whole release date isn't being handled well. I was late to this news but apparently the game was ready in June 2013 but not released then and later delayed. And there were polls certifying 2013 release with no chance it will not release in 2014 etc.

Not sure what the dev team has said but they need to just put out the release date and if it slips, put out another release date instead of just being in limbo. If mega blockbusters like Dark Souls 2 had a March 2014 release date or GTA V had one before slipping this game can as well. Just give a release date, accept pre-orders and if you can release it then, do so. Else, give a new final release date.

There are gameplay videos and the Nets semi-beta so we know this is not vaporware. From what I've seen, it is quite good. Just don't know how much of it is finished and ready.

Although I don't want to give ideas, but maybe release unfinished content later as low priced DLC. Might be a way to keep the game active and funded after release.

You'll definitely buy it. All of us here are going to buy it, because it has so many redeeming features. And it's nothing like Ashes 13 where some people (not me or MattW) actually resisted buying it on release day.

I won't get it if I feel I've been messed about by the people I'm giving my money to.

I take your point but I really feel that Ross is being very upfront about things. He probably tells us way too much than we should actually know. The whole process is a bit like water at the moment. I have never felt that I am not getting honest answers from Ross. Whole different approach than that "other lot".

I take your point but I really feel that Ross is being very upfront about things. He probably tells us way too much than we should actually know. The whole process is a bit like water at the moment. I have never felt that I am not getting honest answers from Ross. Whole different approach than that "other lot".

I am not accusing Ross of being dishonest. But if we don't hear about the release date by the 1st February, then he will have been dishonest in promising us we would know by then, and after waiting for this game for over a year I would feel put off it.

I do not wish to appear ungrateful, that is just the stance I am taking. I would love this game to succeed, I joined this forum just before Cricket 2004 came out and we still haven't had a really decent game in all that time.

if ( condition1 )
statement1 ;
else if ( condition2 )
statement2 ;
. . .
else if ( condition-n )
statement-n ;
else
statement-e ;

I am not accusing Ross of being dishonest. But if we don't hear about the release date by the 1st February, then he will have been dishonest in promising us we would know by then, and after waiting for this game for over a year I would feel put off it.

I do not wish to appear ungrateful, that is just the stance I am taking. I would love this game to succeed, I joined this forum just before Cricket 2004 came out and we still haven't had a really decent game in all that time.

I am sure that even if the date was to change Ross would be upfront about it.

I know what you mean; just desperate to play something that resembles what I love playing myself and see on the tv. Until now it has all been "what if" with cricket games. Some area was always let down so that the whole game was dissatisfactory despite having merits here or there.

I think Ross just hadn't reckoned with the Ashes Disaster. It really has thrown a spanner in the works for all of us.

Ross's record has been second to none till now.

If only DBC14 made it to market before Ashes13.

Anyway, I wonder if they would want to delay DBC enough to allow a simultaneous release on next gen consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread