Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down my PC brethren, 2 months really isn't a long time to wait, and these incessant demands for a demo are not doing us any favours, we're not entitled to one, it's not mandatory.

It always happens with the PC, that's why we're annoyed. Unless the game's going to be significantly better on the PC (graphics especially), then I don't see the reason for the delay. I wonder... if it was the other way round if you wouldn't be one of the guys in the frontline demanding that games come out on all formats at the same time?
Just from the CA Nets beta, we already know that the game will be graphically excellent on PC - the game simply won't run 1080p 60fps with all of the effects cranked up on the 7/8 year old 360/PS3.

Not just that, but the community of this site is renowned for it's excellent work modding PC cricket games, and I'm sure this one will be no different. Just play one of many other excellent PC games in the meantime, I'm loving Tropico 4 at the minute :D.

It will be worth the wait for sure, as will the PC version of GTA V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps4 and Xbox One release: Is there any info on this matter??

I've looked through the forum and searched posts etc. however I haven't seen any mention of a release for next gen consoles.

Has there been any information that I've missed or has it not been mentioned yet?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Blocker I think Dude has had a change of heart, still with this PC version problem I feel Ross enemies will show up sooner or later. Maybe new ones that can not afford a console.:D

I've never had a problem with the game itself. I've not even played the nets, because it's a stupid way to test how good the game is, even cricket 2007 was good in the nets. My problem has always been that the attitude of the owner of the company is crap.

Any move against pirating is a positive one and must be encouraged. Let's face it cricket game, which will be massive in Asia, has to have strict anti piracy protection or millions will have it and there will only be a few thousand sales. Delaying it to make that the case makes sense, saying a game is ready to be released for a year then seemingly deciding at the last moment doesn't though.

To folks who are demanding the demo, Big Ant will have its hands full trying to integrate DBC14 with Steam. That itself will be quite a resource and time intensive undertaking. Plus demo won't net Big Ant anything and in fact may end up them losing a few sales.

However would like to get one clarification from @BigAntStudios (Ross)... what happened to the oft repeated claim that Big Ant & Tru Blu release the game within 3-4 weeks of disclosing the release date? I'm sure I'm not the only one who was a bit surprised with the release date of end of March based on Big Ant & Tru Blu's track record. But yeah it is what it is and the game comes out when it does and am simply curious to know why this title was so different from other Big Ant/Tru Blu titles in terms of release.

Do people not realise that a demo with bowling and fielding is just the game itself and no one would need to buy it... More deluded than some people on here think I am

However would like to get one clarification from @BigAntStudios (Ross)... what happened to the oft repeated claim that Big Ant & Tru Blu release the game within 3-4 weeks of disclosing the release date? I'm sure I'm not the only one who was a bit surprised with the release date of end of March based on Big Ant & Tru Blu's track record. But yeah it is what it is and the game comes out when it does and am simply curious to know why this title was so different from other Big Ant/Tru Blu titles in terms of release.

Technically speaking we don't know the release date yet. Also, Ross did mention that he wouldn't have shared the release details if he had not promised it to us earlier.

I've never had a problem with the game itself. I've not even played the nets, because it's a stupid way to test how good the game is, even cricket 2007 was good in the nets. My problem has always been that the attitude of the owner of the company is crap.

Any move against pirating is a positive one and must be encouraged. Let's face it cricket game, which will be massive in Asia, has to have strict anti piracy protection or millions will have it and there will only be a few thousand sales. Delaying it to make that the case makes sense, saying a game is ready to be released for a year then seemingly deciding at the last moment doesn't though.

i'd usually agree, because it can't tell us about AI, fielding/pitch issues etc. but this game has a vastly different control scheme, and what nets has clearly shown is that for batting at least it's a great move and challenging yet intuitive. I'd encourage you to give it a shot. It's very good.

i'd usually agree, because it can't tell us about AI, fielding/pitch issues etc. but this game has a vastly different control scheme, and what nets has clearly shown is that for batting at least it's a great move and challenging yet intuitive. I'd encourage you to give it a shot. It's very good.

Will be too easy when I start, ideally I'll start my career and be actually crap. Will wait to see how it's reviewed by non biased people on here before I commit to buying though.

Will wait to see how it's reviewed by non biased people on here before I commit to buying though.

This.

As stated billions of times with AC13, best to wait for trusted reviews before purchasing than pre ordering and then crying like a baby here because you don't like the game for whatever reason

Probably a good idea in gen to wait but with dearth of cricket games and games canceled I'm ready to buy it the day it launches or pre-order. I'm not gonna cry over lost $50 especially if I can get say 10 hrs entertainment out of it.

So, even Ashes Cricket 13, bad as it was, I'm not worried with the purchase because I got 10 hrs entertainment out of my $20 for that game. I even refused the refund from Steam.

For this game, we should stop calling it "release date". Technically we know the "Release year", now we know the "Release Month".

"Release date" is UNKNOWN

Where is the PS4 and Xbox ONE version??????

How can you NOT release or even announce a next gen version??????

Very strange indeed :facepalm

Where is the PS4 and Xbox ONE version??????

How can you NOT release or even announce a next gen version??????

Very strange indeed :facepalm

My guess is the next gen version would be rolled out in time for the WC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread