Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is something I can't figure out. On one hand we keep on moaning about the fact we never get a good cricket video game. And finally when a decent game comes along, at least based on what we've seen so far, we suddenly don't even want to shell out a few bucks to buy that game?

If we are not going to back the publisher who's trying to develop a cricket game against all odds, why complain about the lack of cricket games? Even if the game has a few things that need to be worked on, I would expect the PCers to back the title in the hope that Big Ant will be able to make DBC a long running franchise. But that is unlikely to happen when we don't put our money where our mouth is.

How many times do we buy a game that's bugged to hell on release? You want to buy it upon release, be my guest. For me, those days ended with Rome 2. No pre-orders and no purchasing upon release.
The PC delay is for two major reasons, sales increase via Steam and a decrease in piracy that would kill the console versions. PC versions are a big undeniable risk to the bottom line with little upside - FIFA sells less than 10,000 legitimate copies in India. It was all I could do to make sure that there was a PC version released at all - our previous title has a PC version fully developed that was not released. The compromise position is a delay.

Fair enough.

How many times do we buy a game that's bugged to hell on release? You want to buy it upon release, be my guest. For me, those days ended with Rome 2. No pre-orders and no purchasing upon release.

Fair enough.

Well I guess then your PC delay is not the full 2months then, it's 2 months minus the time it takes for you to see the Console version is fine.

How many times do we get a cricket game? And if you think DBC14 is as buggy as AC13 after playing the nets and watching all the gameplay videos from the world premiere, I guess there's nothing much to say. But if we don't get a cricket game for another eternity we have no right to cry about it.

Hey Ross, whats the go with the SCG? it's still got the old stand. Will there be a DLC to update that eventually?

Well Ross said that there is a chance for licensing for stadiums, teams etc now that AC13 went down S*** creek, It could be possible that in the Next Gen version that there are licenses (without a DLC download), so very possible that the Next Gen could be in time for the 2015 World Cup.

Still wondering where "Melbourne Oval", "Melbourne Docklands", "Sydney Oval" and "Sydney Stadium" disappeared to once they got licensing to Bradman Oval and the Sydney Cricket Ground... (Presuming that Melbourne Oval was the Junction Oval, Melbourne Docklands being Etihad Stadium, Sydney Stadium being ANZ Stadium and Sydney Oval being North Sydney Oval)

Yeah I'm happy that Next Gen won't release until later on. Due to the fact that a lot of people will still be on Ps3 and Xbox360. More games to find online!

@BGLMedia I cannot promise it* but expect we will update the SCG and do stadium deals that will be in a patch/DLC or future revisions.

*I'm not going to encourage "where is it posts".

Great news ross im hoping nothing will go wrong I have kept my ps3 just for this game since I bought ps4 it will be great to fire the old girl up again its been a long wait but from every thing I have seen over the last few months I think it will be worth it cheers

Well we atleast know when will the game releases. Good luck Ross, impatient people are going to criticize with the delay and seperate release time for Pc and Consoles but your reasons are genuine. Good luck once again.

The PC delay is for two major reasons, sales increase via Steam and a decrease in piracy that would kill the console versions.

It's the reverse of that, the platform holders require a two month delay on digital if you are releasing at retail. There is no base in fact for what you are suggesting.

The latter paragraph answers one of my two questions; namely that an earlier decision to switch to Steam wouldn't have allowed you to work on the integration faster and have the release earlier.

But I would still be interested in knowing why, as you say that Steam is much better for sales and piracy, you were originally planning a non-Steam release, and what caused such a late change of mind. Had the 2 month stagger been known well in advance it may not have caused such a shock on announcement.

Last edited:
@rahulkhush How's it going? I haven't had time to really follow you guys lately.

Hopefully you are getting good sales numbers and doing really well.

Anyone genuinely surprised by a PC Platform delay hasn't been buying games for the past 10 years...

The latter paragraph answers one of my two questions; namely that an earlier decision to switch to Steam wouldn't have allowed you to work on the integration faster and have the release earlier.

But I would still be interested in knowing why, as you say that Steam is much better for sales and piracy, you were originally planning a non-Steam release, and what caused such a late change of mind. Had the 2 month stagger been known well in advance it may not have caused such a shock on announcement.

Using Steam or not has been a decision debated often. The revenue from Steam sales on a per sale basis is lower and the cost of development is higher, however you get more sales and do not have to provide your own server. There is no way of predicting the best outcome with a great level of confidence because the bottom line will depend on the number of units sold, over what period of time, and at which retail point (digital/retail).

Thanks.

(If consoles have to come first, how did 505 get away with claiming they'd work on a console release after the Steam release?)

I guess the other way to look at it is running everything through Steam will make online saving/gameplay more reliable and stable with an existing server to handle the kinda volume one might imagine you'll get with this title... Avoiding all the kinda issues that Plagued the Ashes titles with online gameplay and the servers eventual turning off. "Always On" should make a few of your online-obsessed players happy, surely?

Anyone genuinely surprised by a PC Platform delay hasn't been buying games for the past 10 years...

I completely understand the reasons for the delay, and now think it was the right decision, especially as most other games don't have PC releases in the first place. However, maybe it's my own na?vety but I was surprised about the PC delay considering the signs from the last 15 months. I had always assumed that it would either be very close, or at the same time, and I have certainly always bought games. This is based on the signs from Big Ant, rather than gaming in general.

You seem to be benefiting very well from hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread