Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

As stated billions of times with AC13, best to wait for trusted reviews before purchasing than pre ordering and then crying like a baby here because you don't like the game for whatever reason

Thanks for the link to the new golf game. Looks superb.

This.

As stated billions of times with AC13, best to wait for trusted reviews before purchasing than pre ordering and then crying like a baby here because you don't like the game for whatever reason
Agreed, despite liking what I've played of the batting so far, that's only a small part of the game... Bowling, fielding and AI are obviously massive factors in how the game will play in terms of a whole match.

The batting could be superb, but if the CPU controlled teams don't score at a relatively realistic rate, throw their wickets away or are impossible to get out, then single player isn't going to be all that fun.

There are many potential deal breakers that we know very little about yet, especially at the seemingly steep price point of this game, so before purchasing I will wait for some reliable impressions - in that regard, the PC delay is fairly convenient. It makes it easier to resist the temptation of buying instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.

Absolutely - while I'm very confident about this game, I won't be getting it upon release - I learned that lesson with Rome 2.

Would be helpful for people if posters would just give relevant and helpful information instead of sidetracking a relevant question. Thanks.

This forum title, if you see, says it all. :)

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum
Developed by Big Ant Studios and published by Tru Blu. Releasing in late March on PS3 and Xbox 360, and in May for Windows via Steam.

This forum title, if you see, says it all. :)

To be fair i think he realises that and I have pointed him in that direction. But i think he is looking for information about anything that has been said about a next gen release.

I realise that there isn't any date yet and that the only info we have received today is regarding ps3/360 (current gen) and PC, however I remember Ross mentioning ps4/XbOne (next gen) and was just enquiring to see if anything else had been mentioned, possibly in other threads.

I realise that there isn't any date yet and that the only info we have received today is regarding ps3/360 (current gen) and PC, however I remember Ross mentioning ps4/XbOne (next gen) and was just enquiring to see if anything else had been mentioned, possibly in other threads.

i don't think there's been anything more concrete than they're coming, but (indeterminately) later

So emotions are back to normal or still we are crazy about today ??

As blockerdave said, there isn't much news other than they will happen. Ross did however say on Facebook that they wouldn't delay the current generation versions in order to get next generation versions out at the same time.

That's fine, means that I'll buy a current gen version for now. Was just wanting to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Really don't know how to feel about this. Can't really argue with it from a 'make as much money as possible' viewpoint (especially seeing the people who are now saying 'oh, I guess I'll just buy it twice now) but it's obviously frustrating, and not even just the 2 month delay. I quite frankly despise having to have an internet connection to play a game, and it's a key reason as to why when I got Football Manager 2013, I played it non-stop for a fortnight, and haven't gone back to it since, and for all the 'offline' option is there, it's only a temporary option and eventually you won't be able to use it anymore (I think it was alright for a week or so - I don't know if it's fine if you never turn the computer off, but that's not really something I like to do). I guess I'll have to see what happens regarding options on the PC release when it comes. If it's too much hassle, I'll end up giving it a miss probably, which is sad really because I don't get to play good games much anymore.

The PC delay is for two major reasons, sales increase via Steam and a decrease in piracy that would kill the console versions. PC versions are a big undeniable risk to the bottom line with little upside - FIFA sells less than 10,000 legitimate copies in India. It was all I could do to make sure that there was a PC version released at all - our previous title has a PC version fully developed that was not released. The compromise position is a delay.

Sorry, but no.. I don't buy that. No hint was ever given that this would be the case. Had I known in December that pre-ordering the game would take upwards of 6 months to get it.. I know I for one would of held off. You can't blame me for not exactly jumping up and down in happiness.

My previous experience showed that PC and console versions release at the same time, <snip>

I somewhat hope that the 'integration' time takes less than expected and we get the game earlier than they say.. but no.. not holding my breath.

Broadly speaking most console games do not come to PC at all. Ever.

It won't be earlier than two months.

Since a specific release date has not been mentioned, I'd believe it when the game is actually out on PlayStation and XBOX online stores. I still have a good reason to believe that the console version will not release even in March 2014, if at all. Of course, the hopes are now higher than ever. But I highly doubt they'll release it before end of March 2014.

It's the reverse of that, the platform holders require a two month delay on digital if you are releasing at retail. There is no base in fact for what you are suggesting.

The boxed version may also ask to download huge amount, as was the case with Hitman Absolution. had to download almost 12 gb from steam after buying the game from Flipkart.:noway

That will not be the case, there will not be a big day 1 download.

Kudos Sibi. Can tell you're obviously disappointed but that's one of the best/most mature reactions I've seen anyone have to the PC-delay news.

@SnowyCasanova - i get what you're saying:

In respect of there often being (longer) delays for PC games, but i would suggest the implication here has long been that current gen consoles and PC would release together for DBC. Now I'm getting it on Xbox and always was, but even so I was taken aback and slightly disappointed by the PC-delay news. I do feel that could have been handled better in terms of expectation management, as surely it has actually been on the cards a while, but was not communicated as such.

I got massive respect for Ross because he's fronting up, not hiding etc. but I do feel certain things have not been handled all that well and i think this is one of them.

Considering there are many parties involved I can't just reveal all as it goes along the process. We thought we were settled in October last year however the landscape changed dramatically and all deals were renegotiated. If I was to take you on that journey here (not possible because of NDA's etc.) then it would be far worse, one week saying "A" next saying "B" etc.

Ross- will there be a further update to CA on PC before release date?

Perhaps adding match practice to the next update if there is one, so folks can practice bowling and fielding too?

Good suggestion?

I can't see us adding match practise to the free CA. The upside is that the PC version will be more mature than the Console version and you will have had plenty of time to hear reports of the game and therefore make a considered purchase or not.

Question ross...

What is the rain behind no definite date? Its it an issue of retail sales or is it somethin u simply cant share at the moment?

And how likely is it that this window of release you mentioned will get changed? As in how many things from now until end of march can go wrong? And how likely is it for things to go wrong?

As things can go wrong I have been allowed by the publisher to state what we collectively believe will be the latest date. I could have just said March 31st to stop the "it's not a release date talk".

To folks who are demanding the demo, Big Ant will have its hands full trying to integrate DBC14 with Steam. That itself will be quite a resource and time intensive undertaking. Plus demo won't net Big Ant anything and in fact may end up them losing a few sales.

However would like to get one clarification from @BigAntStudios (Ross)... what happened to the oft repeated claim that Big Ant & Tru Blu release the game within 3-4 weeks of disclosing the release date? I'm sure I'm not the only one who was a bit surprised with the release date of end of March based on Big Ant & Tru Blu's track record. But yeah it is what it is and the game comes out when it does and am simply curious to know why this title was so different from other Big Ant/Tru Blu titles in terms of release.

This is the smallest window of release that we have done, it was to answer people who were saying it could come "next week" and also answer those that might say it's more than a year away.

Last edited:
Even if you don't like the answers, you should appreciate the effort that goes in to answering in the first place.

Thanks.

This.

Agreed, despite liking what I've played of the batting so far, that's only a small part of the game... Bowling, fielding and AI are obviously massive factors in how the game will play in terms of a whole match.

The batting could be superb, but if the CPU controlled teams don't score at a relatively realistic rate, throw their wickets away or are impossible to get out, then single player isn't going to be all that fun.

There are many potential deal breakers that we know very little about yet, especially at the seemingly steep price point of this game, so before purchasing I will wait for some reliable impressions - in that regard, the PC delay is fairly convenient. It makes it easier to resist the temptation of buying instantly.

Absolutely - while I'm very confident about this game, I won't be getting it upon release - I learned that lesson with Rome 2.

This stuff is something I can't figure out. On one hand we keep on moaning about the fact we never get a good cricket video game. And finally when a decent game comes along, at least based on what we've seen so far, we suddenly don't even want to shell out a few bucks to buy that game?

If we are not going to back the publisher who's trying to develop a cricket game against all odds, why complain about the lack of cricket games? Even if the game has a few things that need to be worked on, I would expect the PCers to back the title in the hope that Big Ant will be able to make DBC a long running franchise. But that is unlikely to happen when we don't put our money where our mouth is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread