Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross fair play for taking the backlash and fronting the flak, its worlds away from how the "other "guys dealt with their "game". as you mentioned that end of march is the latest it will release, do you worry that people may take that as "but it still might come next week" followed by "he didnt say it wouldn't come before 31/3/14 and he's let us down" etc, unfortunately I can still see this thread being filled with people trying to read between the lines or make shit up, do you worry that these kinda posts/trolls on here and facebook/twitter could harm the marketing campaign by yet again by connecting you to the other Melbourne studio? And is there anything you could do to avoid it

By the time the next international tournament comes around there will be enough distance between us and them. Anyone that says I let them down because the game came early won't be taken seriously by many.

The PC version will have more dev time and we will support modders with detailed information and source code if needed.

Thanks Ross, I was always going to buy both versions for this reason and to support you guys, also after 2 months with the console version we will no where it needs work, yesterday must have been a hard day for you guys.

It's over now and a bright sunny days is ahead of you, bring on march for a 79c ass kicking. PS It's Saturday have a few beers if you have not started.

PS The only reason Tru BLU let you release the PC version is because this game is more Bigants unlike AFL live.

Thanks Ross, I was always going to buy both versions for this reason and to support you guys, also after 2 months with the console version we will no where it needs work, yesterday must have been a hard day for you guys.

It's over now and a bright sunny days is ahead of you, bring on march for a 79c ass kicking. PS It's Saturday have a few beers if you have not started.

PS The only reason Tru BLU let you release the PC version is because this game is more Bigants unlike AFL live.

We eventually got AFL Live out on PC a year later than the console. It was another game that did not make it out on PC.

I hope the game makes enough money to turn this into a successful series of quality games, however I'm going to base my decision on whether it will provide me decent entertainment at reasonable value.

Considering that you can pretty much always get a game on Steam for ?15-20 or so that is a top quality game with plenty of longevity, with the signs pointing towards this being ?30+, it's going to have to be something special to warrant a purchase at that price for me. Hopefully it would end up in a sale at some point, but that may be unlikely given Ross has said Big Ant games don't really go down in price.

I'm not going to buy the game out of charity to fund the future development of the series for the sake of it, it needs to be a quality game, and the recent comment by Ross that mention them having developed a PC version of a previous title and not released it makes me more cautious to support these devs, considering that this could be a potential future for the franchise.

This is where we have a difference in opinion...

1. I don't expect folks (PCers as in PlanetCricket members) to buy the game as an act of charity but as a selfish act. Future of cricket gaming is in last chance saloon and if DBC14 fails I don't see console based cricket games for quite a while and the only cricket games you will see would be on mobile devices.

2. I can understand this attitude if a developer/publisher comes on the scene out of the blue and promises the moon without showing anything of note, i.e. if say Cricket Life publisher comes in tomorrow and tries to sell the game as the "best game ever" without showing any videos/assets you will be fully justified in not purchasing the game but IMO Big Ant has done enough to earn our faith & confidence. We've seen the gameplay videos from world premiere and played the nets so it's not as if Big Ant folks & Ross are a snake oil salesmen.

3. Expecting a great game first up is a fallacy. I do expect DBC14 to have a few bugs/issues to be ironed out which I'm sure Ross & co. will work on but if everyone waits for all bugs/issues to be fixed before purchasing the game, how exactly do we expect to get a cricket game franchise on the lines of MLB The Show, FIFA or Madden?

4. How often does a cricket game comes along? Maybe once every few years and for once we seem to to get a developer who's passionate about cricket and the cricket game franchise and it's up to us to back them. If someone can't afford the game it's a different story but if you can I'm sure purchasing a cricket game every few years is not such a big deal to back the video game version of the sport we all seem to love.

Last edited:
We eventually got AFL Live out on PC a year later than the console. It was another game that did not make it out on PC.

Rugby live 2 was the game that got cut then, not a huge footy fan so I mixed them two codes up. I will never do that in Melbourne or I would get my head beat in right ross.

I don't buy this piracy excuse to be honest, saying "if it doesn't sell well, we'll stop it" sounds like playing the victim to me.

Good games at the right price sell extremely well on PC, in recent months just look at DayZ, Rust, Next Car Game, Starbound etc... Obviously you couldn't expect those sorts of figures for a cricket game, but they go to show that healthy profits are there to be had if you approach the PC market with the right strategy.

And you say it's a knife-edge decision as to whether any titles get released on PC, when most of the best mainstream games come to the platform anyway as well as hundreds of exclusives and indie titles.

Self-fulfilling prophecy maybe, but the disrespectful view of PC gaming isn't helping. It's almost as if you're looking for an excuse to back out in future years.

One more thing Ross.

We got told about the release date yesterday so my guess is by the end of the month you will go public with your plans, one month campaign Bigant style.:thumbs

----------

I don't buy this piracy excuse to be honest, saying "if it doesn't sell well, we'll stop it" sounds like playing the victim to me.

Good games at the right price sell extremely well on PC, in recent months just look at DayZ, Rust, Next Car Game, Starbound etc... Obviously you couldn't expect those sorts of figures for a cricket game, but they go to show that healthy profits are there to be had if you approach the PC market with the right strategy.

And you say it's a knife-edge decision as to whether any titles get released on PC, when most of the best mainstream games come to the platform anyway as well as hundreds of exclusives and indie titles.

Self-fulfilling prophecy maybe, but the disrespectful view of PC gaming isn't helping. It's almost as if you're looking for an excuse to back out in future years.

Most good games have a name for themselves mate, this game does not so it's the right move. If this plan fails then no pc version maybe ever.

People these days should have both unless you don't have the money or your a pc fan only and I hate them.

It is really a pity for cricket games dev that biggest market for cricket games is so unsafe and fond of piracy. I think steam will reduce piracy but will also stop a lot to buy it and may end up not playing.

For me current announcement is just fine. I always wanted to buy both PS and PC. Only thing that makes me somehow unhappy is all this demotivated vibe in the forum from members as well as from ross (somehow).

Best thing BA can do now is bring the game and for us to buy it and give it a try. I think most of us already know it is the best cricket game ever made and will only get better, I just don't want it to be the last one.

@BigAntStudios @MattW,
Given there are a couple of months before the game comes out, is there any plan for Matt to visit Big Ant Studios for the long awaited exclusive gameplay session?

People these days should have both unless you don't have the money or your a pc fan only and I hate them.
I have an Xbox 360, but it's extremely dated now and I don't like playing on it... The "next-gen" consoles are both extremely underpowered by today's standards and don't interest me whatsoever and I think they're a waste of money. I'd rather put an extra GPU into my PC than buy a new console, so I guess you "hate" me :lol.

I'd disagree about most "good" games having a name for themselves already... There's countless examples of the first or only iteration of a series being an excellent game and selling well.

By the time the next international tournament comes around there will be enough distance between us and them. Anyone that says I let them down because the game came early won't be taken seriously by many.

I'm sure no one will be disappointed if it comes early,what I meant was they may still expect it early, and be negative when it doesn't! Obviously you can't say too much, but could you for instance rule out February, or say it will not be out before the international competition? I understand things could happen to push it back, but if a decision has been made by the people involved as to when you will release(all things goin to plan) surely nothing can happen to bring it forward?

So basically, you think they're delaying the PC version to ensure they have bad sales and no option to make future games?

How am I playing the victim exactly? It's a fact, most console games do not get released on PC.

EVERY title you mentioned has sold well in the biggest gaming nation on the planet, the USA, Cricket will not sell well there. The Bottom Line is the bottom line, I want to sell as many units as possible, do you think I am picking on PC users with some sort of vendetta or personal attack?

----------

I'm sure no one will be disappointed if it comes early,what I meant was they may still expect it early, and be negative when it doesn't! Obviously you can't say too much, but could you for instance rule out February, or say it will not be out before the international competition? I understand things could happen to push it back, but if a decision has been made by the people involved as to when you will release(all things goin to plan) surely nothing can happen to bring it forward?

I am not worried about "those" people, February is not happening.

I have an Xbox 360, but it's extremely dated now and I don't like playing on it... The "next-gen" consoles are both extremely underpowered by today's standards and don't interest me whatsoever and I think they're a waste of money. So I guess you "hate" me :lol.

I'd disagree about most "good" games having a name for themselves already... There's countless examples of the first or only iteration of a series being an excellent game and selling well.

I hate when they say my mother board is this and my ram is that, not the people but how they think consoles suck. Sure it will look better on PC and my PC is good but not great, I will buy both as simple as that.

Yes some new games do sell well at the start but this is a sports game and cricket at that. Plus ashes 2013 left a sore taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

PS If the game is very good on console then on PC it will rock.:clap

Well hopefully that'll save us a month of pointless posts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread