Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just changed schools and have to get on bus at 7:30:facepalm so i have not been on here all week...have i missed anything important from ross or any news about when we will get news about when the news is for the release date news;)

have i missed anything important from ross or any news about when we will get news about when the news is for the release date news...

Nothing new from Ross, but I hear NZ Cricket will be releasing a 'greatest hits' BluRay compilation on this India tour to NZ.

That never gets old - that's how you troll! :yes

yes but unlike you guys who work i cant check PC while im at work )-: "stupid no phones rule:("!!!

Well I am glad I don't have that kind of problem......oh shit, what Mother, no I am coming, just making your Bovril and Whiskey Medicine then I will apply the cream to your piles, .........yes Mother.......sorry guys, got to go......

Nets review/release date analysis by thefonz

The Nets

Bigant claims that they are a big admirer of the MLB The Show series. Regardless of your opinion about baseball, which is low among many cricket fans, the technical side of the game is widely acclaimed. So the natural comparison is to the bat and ball game genre leader. So what do we notice?

Firstly, in terms of core gameplay, that the batting timing window is lacking sophistication. When batting too early you miss, too late you miss and early and late timing with a straight shot guarantee a hit on the ball if the ball is not way down legside. That is indicative of last generation scripting, and the way that edges play out in the game reflects that scripting. You cannot miss the ball playing straight shots with ideal timing if the ball is not way down legside - in MLB the show there is good timing and perfect timing. You can miss the ball in a hittable area with good timing! A real simulation.

So the arcade gameplay is apparent immediately. Bigant has advised he is worried about people getting muscle memory and breaking the game. Look at the attached video to see how that plays out - I was playing the same shot over and over again, a straight shot and getting weirdly different scripted results. The only way the ai can stop this streak is by bowling way down legside. I repeat I only need 1 shot to cause the ai massive issues.

Onto the edges, these crop up in bizarre fashion, occasionally with the wrong sound. (There are two effects for ball on bat - so you will hear the middle of the bat sound for an edge, or the edge sound of the middle of the bat) The players slide across the crease randomly when the ball is legside and you play the default straight shot, occasionally sliding to hit it, and occasionally playing a different animation far from the ball.

So what is lacking? A consistent and believable bat on ball physics system I suggest. The ball in this game is possessed by magical energy which propels it like a missile from the bat, or allows it to take the thinnest of edges at scripted points again and again against all the laws of probability and physics.

Also the camera view makes a massive difference to the play, as it easier to hit the ball from the far behind the bowling machine view, due to being able to see the bowling machines directional changes.. Undortunately it is also easier to see the lack of realism with the rocket ball, and scripted edges from this view.

All in all pretty much what I was expecting, and not the sort of simulation I personally like to see. Also most of the hits on the pirate toy come from hitting the ball into the rigid nets, then the magical energy taking the ball onto the toy :facepalm

So sadly I have to report my first impressions are that this game is average to poor at best. After a number of iterations it may become somewhat more realistic if feedback is given in sufficient amounts but only time will tell.

The release date

As i hinted in my previous post there is an elephant in the room called the fifa world cup. EA will be releasing their world cup game is australia and england, who have both qualified for the finals. The hype and sales of EA's game are going to be a real problem for Bigant with largely unlicensed content and no icc tournament licenses.

If this release date is in fact true the marketing is way behind, with no listing for the game on Amazon UK for example. This has been a half hearted effort to promote the game from the beginning, with a botched game premiere day, very few official videos and trailers, and a real sense that there is a fight to get detailed footage of the game from Bigant themselves, rather than from mobiles and other people's recording equipment.

This should not have ever been the case - the game has been delayed and that normally means only one thing - quality issues. Will Bigant dare to release full footage of a 50 over game to prove me conclusively wrong? No chance. The reason? The game is bugged and they know it.

Attachments

• Bradman cricket nets.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
@thefonz do you realise the video you have uploaded are full pitch balls your driving which are almost impossible to in real life too?

Also i find it unfair comparison with the MLB show because compared to baseball, cricket has 10x shots and the variation in bowling is alot more sophisticated too, so in my opinion timing is alot harder to program in cricket than baseball

The video shows that if you play the same shot to different balls you get different results...which is to be expected. Not sure what your point is? No two balls are going to be exactly the same, therefore no two shots are going to be exactly the same, there will always be slight variations, even if we cannot see them.

The Nets

Bigant claims that they are a big admirer of the MLB The Show series. Regardless of your opinion about baseball, which is low among many cricket fans, the technical side of the game is widely acclaimed. So the natural comparison is to the bat and ball game genre leader. So what do we notice?

Firstly, in terms of core gameplay, that the batting timing window is lacking sophistication. When batting too early you miss, too late you miss and early and late timing with a straight shot guarantee a hit on the ball if the ball is not way down legside. That is indicative of last generation scripting, and the way that edges play out in the game reflects that scripting. You cannot miss the ball playing straight shots with ideal timing if the ball is not way down legside - in MLB the show there is good timing and perfect timing. You can miss the ball in a hittable area with good timing! A real simulation.

So the arcade gameplay is apparent immediately. Bigant has advised he is worried about people getting muscle memory and breaking the game. Look at the attached video to see how that plays out - I was playing the same shot over and over again, a straight shot and getting weirdly different scripted results. The only way the ai can stop this streak is by bowling way down legside. I repeat I only need 1 shot to cause the ai massive issues.

Onto the edges, these crop up in bizarre fashion, occasionally with the wrong sound. (There are two effects for ball on bat - so you will hear the middle of the bat sound for an edge, or the edge sound of the middle of the bat) The players slide across the crease randomly when the ball is legside and you play the default straight shot, occasionally sliding to hit it, and occasionally playing a different animation far from the ball.

So what is lacking? A consistent and believable bat on ball physics system I suggest. The ball in this game is possessed by magical energy which propels it like a missile from the bat, or allows it to take the thinnest of edges at scripted points again and again against all the laws of probability and physics.

Also the camera view makes a massive difference to the play, as it easier to hit the ball from the far behind the bowling machine view, due to being able to see the bowling machines directional changes.. Undortunately it is also easier to see the lack of realism with the rocket ball, and scripted edges from this view.

All in all pretty much what I was expecting, and not the sort of simulation I personally like to see. Also most of the hits on the pirate toy come from hitting the ball into the rigid nets, then the magical energy taking the ball onto the toy :facepalm

So sadly I have to report my first impressions are that this game is average to poor at best. After a number of iterations it may become somewhat more realistic if feedback is given in sufficient amounts but only time will tell.

The release date

As i hinted in my previous post there is an elephant in the room called the fifa world cup. EA will be releasing their world cup game is australia and england, who have both qualified for the finals. The hype and sales of EA's game are going to be a real problem for Bigant with largely unlicensed content and no icc tournament licenses.

If this release date is in fact true the marketing is way behind, with no listing for the game on Amazon UK for example. This has been a half hearted effort to promote the game from the beginning, with a botched game premiere day, very few official videos and trailers, and a real sense that there is a fight to get detailed footage of the game from Bigant themselves, rather than from mobiles and other people's recording equipment.

This should not have ever been the case - the game has been delayed and that normally means only one thing - quality issues. Will Bigant dare to release full footage of a 50 over game to prove me conclusively wrong? No chance. The reason? The game is bugged and they know it.

To start with, what level were you playing at?
The only point that you make that I understand and agree with, is that some edges sound like they are coming off the edge of the bat and some shots out of the middle of the bat sound like edges. I have had this a few times when playing the demo, but it's not a big deal and I suspect that this will be corrected.
I don't believe there is any AI with the nets session. The deliveries are purely random.
You don't automatically miss the ball if you play late or early. In fact, you can play the ball deliberately late or early, as you would in real cricket, to direct the ball away from fielders. I've never found that edges are random either. They are normally caused by me not allowing for the swing or seaming of the ball.
I've only ever played the nets session from close behind or occasionally far behind the batsman and I've not noticed any difference to the gameplay.
What is the 'rocket' ball that you allude to? A straight drive?
Have you ever played an actual game of cricket?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread