Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start with, what level were you playing at?
The only point that you make that I understand and agree with, is that some edges sound like they are coming off the edge of the bat and some shots out of the middle of the bat sound like edges. I have had this a few times when playing the demo, but it's not a big deal and I suspect that this will be corrected.
I don't believe there is any AI with the nets session. The deliveries are purely random.
You don't automatically miss the ball if you play late or early. In fact, you can play the ball deliberately late or early, as you would in real cricket, to direct the ball away from fielders. I've never found that edges are random either. They are normally caused by me not allowing for the swing or seaming of the ball.
I've only ever played the nets session from close behind or occasionally far behind the batsman and I've not noticed any difference to the gameplay.
What is the 'rocket' ball that you allude to? A straight drive?
Have you ever played an actual game of cricket?

I agree with you. Ball goes straight only when you time it perfectly and when you time a ball perfectly it races off the face of the bat. There is nothing unrealistic about that. When you play a straight drive early the ball would hit either inside or outside half and go on the either side of the wicket at a lesser pace.

I agree with you. Ball goes straight only when you time it perfectly and when you time a ball perfectly it races off the face of the bat. There is nothing unrealistic about that. When you play a straight drive early the ball would hit either inside or outside half and go on the either side of the wicket at a lesser pace.

Agreed but I meant that you can play a late or early shot deliberately but off the middle of the bat. i.e. a late cut as opposed to a square cut or by playing a leg side shot early or late depending on the position of the fielders.

It is certainly baffling that it would be easier to hit a ball with a cricket bat than it is with a baseball bat.

I don't know much about baseball. In England it is called 'Rounders' and played by girls. ;)

Baseball games don't have to factor in deviations of the ball off the pitch. I would imaging that is far easier to code.

Making a mere contact does not mean you have played good shot. A lot of times ball ends up in the air which can be caught in full game. In the nets you get a illusion that you are playing well just because you are not missing.

What level are you playing at? Have you put the bowling machine on 'Legend' and the batsman on 'Very Poor'?

The video shows difficulty settings as Average/Pro. So 'Average' batsman against 'Pro' bowling.

I also dont agree with his accusation of scripted events. Even after setting the ball marker to practice a shot, ball does not end up in the same place everytime. Just put the marker just outside off stump on a good length and set ball type as inswing. You will notice sometimes ball would miss the stumps, sometimes it would clip the off stump and sometimes it would hit the off stump.

The video shows difficulty settings as Average/Pro. So 'Average' batsman against 'Pro' bowling.

Thanks.
I've never played the game at this level so I can't really comment further but the thefonz needs to play the game on its toughest settings and then write another review of the game.

Or he needs to not bother buying the game. His lack of enjoyment doesn't impact anyone else's enjoyment

@thefonz do you realise the video you have uploaded are full pitch balls your driving which are almost impossible to in real life too?

Also i find it unfair comparison with the MLB show because compared to baseball, cricket has 10x shots and the variation in bowling is alot more sophisticated too, so in my opinion timing is alot harder to program in cricket than baseball

'Course it is. In baseball, there is no bounce to worry about, it's just swing bat at ball and either hit or miss. With cricket you have to take into account the bounce/swing/seam and the different pitch types throw in a whole new world of variables.

Edit: We have a date - do we have a price yet? :)

I've just read a number of your previous posts. I guess you were never going to say anything good about this game were you?

I am always a fair minded person - unfortunately I am not impressed by this game though or the approach of the developer to his critics.

I am always a fair minded person - unfortunately I am not impressed by this game though or the approach of the developer to his critics.

Have you played on the higher difficulties? You can't judge the game if you're playing at the easier levels; even Fifa and PES are crap at lower levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread