Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping that Tru Blu see sense and hand the Rugby Union job to Big Ant. The current Rugby Challenge series is a mess of players running around offside and out of place whilst glitches pop up over and over again.

I enjoyed rugby challenge for awhile but the lack of patches and paying full retail for rugby challenge 2 which really should have been a DLC annoyed me endlessly.

I'm just hoping that Tru Blu see sense and hand the Rugby Union job to Big Ant. The current Rugby Challenge series is a mess of players running around offside and out of place whilst glitches pop up over and over again.

lol once you kick off, it turns into a 7-a-side match, but with 15 players with everyone being a winger and props being able to pinpoint pass 40m across field. Yes that was my first experience with RC2 - what a pile of poo. Thankfully I could exchange it afterwards @EB games - the guy at the counter laughed when I returned it saying 'you're not the first, and you won't be the last'. :facepalm

It also annoyed me no end to have a Samoan playing for the Fiji team :mad don't they know of the rivalry????? thats just poor QA.

Rugby Challenge 2 is for rugby union what Ashes Cricket 13 is for cricket. :yes

lol once you kick off, it turns into a 7-a-side match, but with 15 players with everyone being a winger and props being able to pinpoint pass 40m across field. Yes that was my first experience with RC2 - what a pile of poo. Thankfully I could exchange it afterwards @EB games - the guy at the counter laughed when I returned it saying 'you're not the first, and you won't be the last'. :facepalm

It also annoyed me no end to have a Samoan playing for the Fiji team :mad don't they know of the rivalry????? thats just poor QA.

Rugby Challenge 2 is for rugby union what Ashes Cricket 13 is for cricket. :yes

That's a step too far, there is only one TrickStar Games and no one has ever released anything as bad as Ashes 2013, nor will they ever.

Agree, RC2 was rubbish, but playable and still a game, even if a poor one.

AC13 was simply an abomination on all levels, and utterly broken

I found you could still extract some form of enjoyment out of RC2. Definitely extremely harsh to call it the AC13 of rugby games.

82 plus 19 of those half grown/deformed ones. Man I hate those ones. :mad

No offence dude but I am waiting for the guy that ACTUALLY counts them for a living to tell me.

PS you wanna stop buying those cheap Japanese beans if you are getting mutant deformed ones in your cans.

TOP IT @ Netz n Win 5000vcash || Batting tips included

5000vcash for the one who can TOP it first.

Conditions:
  • Legend Bowler
  • Very poor Batsman

• No Hud Assists
  • Against Pace Random
  • CA 99.94d version

20pbrfd.jpg

Post your Screenshot with a Higher Score with screenshot (prefer ones like my screenshot before getting out ) n Grab the pc game (steam gift), Hope the winner Continues the trend to the one who tops them, Vcash/gift amount can always vary.

My observations/Tips Playing at Legend difficulty with no HUD Assists.

1.It really Helps to not premeditate a shot, the moment you start thinking you get out, Its really best playing by reflex.

2.Be very selective of shots, cut down shots you are not comfortable with.Don't try to hit every ball.For me i left/blocked balls around offstump still i got comfy.

3.How to SPOT balls (pace)without HUD assists

Watch the ball trajectory closely as its starts coming

• if it takes the shape of ' ( ' at the starting its an Outswinger.
    Outswing is best played on backfoot and reduces edges much just like real
    game.

• If it takes the shape of ' ) ' at the start its an Inswinger.
    Inswinger is best played on Frontfoot and reduces edges or missing out if
    played on front foot.

• If it takes the shape of ' | ' at the start its a straight one,
    watch- out for slower ones when the ball is straight.
    Its easier to play compared to the other two you just have to get in line
    with the ball but beware of the occasional slow one, slow ones invariably
    occur only of straight ball as of CA nets.

As of now these are the variation and methods to handle them i have spotted, once the cutters are also included in the play it will become more difficult to handle the straight ones i guess.

4.Lots of Concentration and Patience, you really feel like you just had a hard batting session once you close the game.

Happy Netz:thumbs

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence dude but I am waiting for the guy that ACTUALLY counts them for a living to tell me.

PS you wanna stop buying those cheap Japanese beans if you are getting mutant deformed ones in your cans.

Wow that's racist, they're actually Chinese. :p

That's a step too far, there is only one TrickStar Games and no one has ever released anything as bad as Ashes 2013, nor will they ever.

It was a step to far, maybe even two. Trickstar released something that was close to unbelievable.

If I were to rate Ashes Cricket '13 on a 0 to 100 scale I'd give it somewhere between 5 and 10 just judging from what I saw. Rugby Challenge 2 perhaps might have got 40-50. Still can see the Pharoah's point though. It was a very poor game with dozens of poor bugs alongside terrible AI.

If I were to put my figure for the two Big Ant games I've played on that 0 to 100 scale, I'd give Rugby League Live a 50 and Rugby League Live 2 a 75 to 80. That's with me trying to be harsh.

I just feel that what we've seen so far is a company striving for games that play well, have few bugs and an increasing attention to detail, scope and feedback.

So, with around 6 weeks (give or take) left, I'm a heck of a lot more sure that I won't be let down when I play DBC than I was with those other games.

Be careful. A high score on Legend/very poor can be faked by running up a high score on a lesser setting and then changing to Legend/very poor.

^ yup, not much can be done about that, i will just have put my trust in the righteousness of our PC members.

Part 2 :Cutting your way against Spin at legend difficulty.

One of the important things to play spin easily is to be able to spot the ball properly. Since the there is lot of loop and variations i found it difficult to judge the ball in far Cam(For pace its doesnt matter all cams are good to judge).For Spin even in near Cam its easy to misjudge the length of the ball in default view.

To overcome this:

I moved the batsman to Midstump gaurd in Near Cam, This made the Cam to align itself to the machine in such a way that it gave me proper view of the ball Trajectory.
Once that's Taken care of its easier to handle spin.

First Point to note is to play spin much later than pace, its easy to get hurried after a session against pace but the key is to wait and play, almost to the extent of letting the ball pitch before moving the Right Stick for all deliveries other than the full ones in which-case it would be when the ball starts dipping.

Now to judging the Ball
:

• If the ball Loops high its going to be full so get on front foot and and play the stroke once the ball starts dipping if its is dipping 'in' to you play to mid-on, if its dipping 'away' play to the covers.
  • If the ball is not looping its either going to be length or short on both cases get on to back foot with LS now wait for the ball to pitch and take off, if its around off Stump just launch into a Square cut, if its around Leg or middle play it to midon or legside depending on if its length or short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread