Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah right but till they have said it will be 3499 or above during the trip to India I want to know the price....
Put simply - it's not going to be dramatically cheaper in any one country. They need to make a profit and can't be subsidising markets at the expense of others. They'd rather not sell a copy then sell it at a price that would hurt their profitability and the future of the series.

In the absence of pricing in local regions, assume and budget for the game based on assuming it will be expensive (say 4000 Rs./?45) and then be happy if it's lower.

GTA price is the correct price 2999 but FIFA costs more like 3500 INR which according to me is very high...And in India such a price is very big deal...You might think 500INR is not such a big difference but for me it is...That's why I don't purchase Fifa when it releases..

why do i feel there should be some quote marks around purchase:

That's why I don't "purchase" Fifa when it releases..

note you didn't say you don't play Fifa...

Put simply - it's not going to be dramatically cheaper in any one country. They need to make a profit and can't be subsidising markets at the expense of others. They'd rather not sell a copy then sell it at a price that would hurt their profitability and the future of the series.

In the absence of pricing in local regions, assume and budget for the game based on assuming it will be expensive (say 4000 Rs./?45) and then be happy if it's lower.

Yeah Agreed but there is always an issue of affordability in the price of games...

----------

note you didn't say you don't play Fifa...

yeah I have it on my PC fifa 11...I am not a big fan...

Interesting fact - there we are shipping more day one copies of DBC14 to India than FIFA does (but it is still a relatively low number compared to other nations).

I expect it to be expensive as otherwise it would be exported back to Australia and kill our market.

Of course the other, more positive way of taking that post would be suggesting he just waits for prices to drop. But again, in the case of DBC14, that's not their business model - they are happy to keep it at RRP and not discount it to try and boost sales numbers.

I expect DBC14 will be the same price or within 20% right up until DBC15/16 comes out.

I can certainly see sense in keeping prices steady - I have very little faith in buying full price games - because so often there's a massive price cut in the frequent sales, especially for the download services.

I'll be able to go in and buy DBC14 twice in the knowledge that it's not going to plummet three weeks later.

Given the release date is now known, any indication of when the previously mentioned 'final' Academy update will be?

Interesting fact - there we are shipping more day one copies of DBC14 to India than FIFA does (but it is still a relatively low number compared to other nations).

I expect it to be expensive as otherwise it would be exported back to Australia and kill our market.

Ross but I do have to specify that high price might create piracy in consoles as well....

Ross but I do have to specify that high price might create piracy in consoles as well....

Whereas a low price will lose me money. If purchases do not occur in India then it will be a shame as we'd be unlikely to go back there.

We pay Western wages and employees have Western working conditions - it's really, really expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread