Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot tell you what Sony and Microsoft charge for platform fees but it is more than many of you are asking the final price to be. You pay less per disk based on volume, we do not have that volume, this is a niche game.

Thank you Ross, for the reply!

Consoles in general have a very low penetration in India, most of your sales will probably be for the PC version. This is also because consoles prices are pretty high and an average person cannot afford it.

If purchases do not occur in India then it will be a shame as we'd be unlikely to go back there.

At the price that is under speculation, I dont think there would be a lot of copies sold in India, atleast not for this version. The price that I have heard is more than the price for a next gen game over here.

I really dont blame you for that price though, as I agree....selling at a loss would not help 'anybody' at all.

I do expect the sales to increase when the game releases on PSN as it would be a little more affordable (I think you know why :p)

Instead of 2 Good Games I will have to buy 1 GREAT GAME. That is DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14... that's it....:yes:yes:yes:yes

most of your sales will probably be for the PC version.

Right!! Again....is this India we are talking about????

----------

So then....Sam's (IVG Admin) prediction for the price is

"Rs 4299 MRP with retailers discounting to as low as 3499."

And so is mine :spy

The golden rule would be to 'Buy it early' ;)

Even if it is free people will try to pirate it. Bollards to it all: just pay for the darn thing and stop moaning.

Agreed. It's not like you haven't had long to save up for the game.
Moaning for the sake of it. If it's not the release date it's the price.

5000 INR is also about 40% wage of a graduate Indian starting off.

It's a great game true, but in the end it boils down to economics.

India is no different to anywhere else. Plenty of people in the U.K. will also struggle to afford the game but, if you're a cricket fan, just think of the hours of enjoyment you will get and the value that equates to.
Please can someone explain why a Steelbook edition is the one to buy? It's just a disk in a tin isn't it?;)

Last edited:
Just saying guys, you're talking to the CEO of a games company about the economics of video games in various markets.

I think Ross knows, that's his job, and the reason why BigAnt is still around is because he is good at it.

To be honest every member on here should not complain about the price, as others have said this game has been coming for a long time. If you earn a small about and live somewhere like India or other places around the world and did not know about this game or don't have money for hobbies like these then I do feel for those people.

I will be buying copies for family and 2 for me, it's as much as I can do for now.

India is no different to anywhere else. Plenty of people in the U.K. will also struggle to afford the game but, if you're a cricket fan, just think of the hours of enjoyment you will get and the value that equates to.
Please can someone explain why a Steelbook edition is the one to buy? It's just a disk in a tin isn't it?;)

True, I bet the kids around Aus and Uk will be asking for there pocket money early next month.

Just saying guys, you're talking to the CEO of a games company about the economics of video games in various markets.

I think Ross knows, that's his job, and the reason why BigAnt is still around is because he is good at it.

Ross might know about the market in India but not the people here....We don't just buy stuff if we think its worth it but the price is always a consideration for parents here...We as gamers are ready to buy the game even at 6k but not them..That's the issue...I am not talking about my parents as they support gaming but most of them there's always a hindrance in buying games...

Ross might know about the market in India but not the people here....We don't just buy stuff if we think its worth it but the price is always a consideration for parents here...We as gamers are ready to buy the game even at 6k but not them..That's the issue...I am not talking about my parents as they support gaming but most of them there's always a hindrance in buying games...

I don't think Ross thinks DBC14 will sell like Biggs hot cakes in India mate, I bet Tru Blu and Ross have there hopes and also realistic figures for each country. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread