Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have searched last few pages. Quite a few people have asked about getting game in US..and no answers.

Can somebody please answer?

Ross might know about the market in India but not the people here....We don't just buy stuff if we think its worth it but the price is always a consideration for parents here...We as gamers are ready to buy the game even at 6k but not them..That's the issue...I am not talking about my parents as they support gaming but most of them there's always a hindrance in buying games...

I guess that's why there is such a bit problem with counterfeit/pirated goods.
If you can't afford the game now, save up. Don't feel temped to get a pirated/stolen copy.

Ross might know about the market in India but not the people here....We don't just buy stuff if we think its worth it but the price is always a consideration for parents here...We as gamers are ready to buy the game even at 6k but not them..That's the issue...I am not talking about my parents as they support gaming but most of them there's always a hindrance in buying games...

I understand price pressure all too well. Sometimes the maths doesn't work and things are expensive because of the costs involved.

Even at what you might consider a high price we will receive far less from India per unit than we will receive from any other territory. We are already taking a risk to support the market.

----------

Have searched last few pages. Quite a few people have asked about getting game in US..and no answers.

Can somebody please answer?

It's region free so it will work anywhere.

I just need to get past the larger markets and then I will post regarding the US, Canada, etc. I don't have detail to share right now.

I guess that's why there is such a bit problem with counterfeit/pirated goods.
If you can't afford the game now, save up. Don't feel temped to get a pirated/stolen copy.

I tell to guys I meet who play games to buy the game...Particularly this game as I whole heartedly want Ross to earn as much profit as he can from India...But I can just tell them buying or pirating is upto them...:(

The thing in India is the pirated stuff so easily available like in the main market and that's the reason people don't even feel the pinch of doing something wrong...And parents are happy to spend as much less as possible on gaming...So they are also happy....Big problem

I tell to guys I meet who play games to buy the game...Particularly this game as I whole heartedly want Ross to earn as much profit as he can from India...But I can just tell them buying or pirating is upto them...:(

The thing in India is the pirated stuff so easily available like in the main market and that's the reason people don't even feel the pinch of doing something wrong...And parents are happy to spend as much less as possible on gaming...So they are also happy....Big problem

The people who pirate will do so even if the price is 500 bucks. Lets not go there again please.

As Ross mentioned before, theirs is a niche game and the fee they are paying to the console platform holders is way way too high to cover with the amount of copies they are expecting to sell. COD has a price of 4000+ when it released here.....noone complained about that even though it was just a rehash of the previous version of their game. And guess what.....it sold pretty well in India (COD and Fifa are the most selling console games in India...except Fifa 14).

Also, there would be dealer discounts for sure. Its not as if Ross is taking the whole amount with him. Australia is an expensive place in general and its obvious that their cost of production would be much higher than a production house in US.

Coming back to Piracy....I say let the pirates in India steal this game (which they would have irrespective of the price). Even though its bad, but still it 'might' have a small benefit. That gives a greater exposure to the game and will bring confidence in people that yes someone is finally making an awesome cricket game, and when they play it and realize the potential of the Cricket Academy (which I am assuming would be available for legal copies only) through videos etc, they would have a 'greater' desire to buy the original copy of the game.

The price is what it is now....and this is the best TruBlu and BigAnt could do for us Indians. Their second option would have been to not release it here all together, and then we would be stuck with importing a copy of this game and that would have meant the International Price + commission for currency exchange + payment of duty!! Now do the math!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we need to leave it - people rip off $0.99 apps.

So like others have said start saving now, 3 weeks left. Start cleaning your rooms and mowing lawns. I did as a kid, I remember shane 99 as I did not have a job at the time so I saved hard as cricket is my sport and I new about the game months before.

Console release is on Apr 03 which brings finality to the release date.
Couple of ques

- is amazon a distributor because I know they can ship a game to the US
- what about the PC Steam version? Would that be 2 months after - around Jun 3?
- what about pre-orders? are they open now? where?

I understand price pressure all too well. Sometimes the maths doesn't work and things are expensive because of the costs involved.

Even at what you might consider a high price we will receive far less from India per unit than we will receive from any other territory. We are already taking a risk to support the market.

That's the thing Ross ,I respect you so much for the dedication and effort put in the game and the way you communicate with us ...I wanted to do something for that...So for my part I have said to people I know play games to buy the game as its totally worth in and its the best cricket available ever....I will buy the game no matter how much the cost is...But I want everyone to buy a game worth every penny...Would continue to spread the word around ,about the game....But it is disappointing and frustrating that people do so....Want to change that thought in people but what can we do....:(

That's the thing Ross ,I respect you so much for the dedication and effort put in the game and the way you communicate with us ...I wanted to do something for that...So for my part I have said to people I know play games to buy the game as its totally worth in and its the best cricket available ever....I will buy the game no matter how much the cost is...But I want everyone to buy a game worth every penny...Would continue to spread the word around ,about the game....But it is disappointing and frustrating that people do so....Want to change that thought in people but what can we do....:(

It's great that you are helping as we all are mate but India is a huge country and there is little you can do. Anyway like others have said maybe time to move on.

Wish Bigantstudios and Trublu Success on release of the game:thumbs.
i think its time we wished ross n these guys all the best and luck for a successful release after the years of work,faith,dedication and hurdles they have come across in making this cricket game for us.Most of all for daring to do this when big companies backed away.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, when will we start seeing DB14 advertised on Steam? Normally they have a 'coming soon' catalogue which you can use to preorder.

For the record BA, congrats on finally getting DB to market and I hope you make $hitloads of money. I'm looking forward to finally smashing a cover drive through to the boundary to bring up my century....all in pro camera mode! :thumbs

We will probably get the Steam store stuff live over the next two weeks, I'm in SFO for GDC next week and will be finalising some things there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread