Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whereas a low price will lose me money. If purchases do not occur in India then it will be a shame as we'd be unlikely to go back there.

We pay Western wages and employees have Western working conditions - it's really, really expensive.

I agree and I also would encourage you getting profit from sales in the country....

Ross but I do have to specify that high price might create piracy in consoles as well....
Again, they'd rather not sell a copy then sell it at a price that would hurt their profitability and the future of the series.

Console piracy is a very different issue than PC piracy - you have to specifically modify consoles to play pirated games, often losing the ability to access the benefits of legal games, such as online play and updates - once you've made that choice, you are very unlikely to be buying games regardless of pricing.

One game doesn't influence that.

Again, they'd rather not sell a copy then sell it at a price that would hurt their profitability and the future of the series.

Console piracy is a very different issue than PC piracy - you have to specifically modify consoles to play pirated games, often losing the ability to access the benefits of legal games, such as online play and updates - once you've made that choice, you are very unlikely to be buying games regardless of pricing.

One game doesn't influence that.

Matt I am against piracy...I just pointing out about what high pricing does here...But as said people will pirate regardless of the price...So one pre order is going as soon as it is available...:thumbs

Thanks for the release date Ross. Looking forward to playing it. Hope it's a great success (for my sake as much as yours) ;)

Great to see it is getting released at last :thumbs
i will import it from australia to the uk if we have a weeks delay,
being coming to PC for over 10 years and this feels like it's been
coming out forever from no cricket games coming out since 2010
to 2 games know 1 game .
Please support and buy this game and our cricket gaming future
will look very good again ..
:cheers

Whereas a low price will lose me money. If purchases do not occur in India then it will be a shame as we'd be unlikely to go back there.

We pay Western wages and employees have Western working conditions - it's really, really expensive.

Business logic that, true!

1.Off topic from Piracy, a question goes as to a possibility of outsourcing some of the work to India so that you can have cost as well on your side?

2. Don't you think the reverse of what you said is also true as well, where the spending capacity/disposable income of a average Indian will be less and hence the need to play pirated games (Requesting others to understand that this is only 1 point of the never ending discussion and i am against piracy too)

If you price the game for INR 5000, most Indian parents would not allow their children to spend that on a video game.

And the Romans what about them? What ever happened to the Romans?

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us? :wave

1.Off topic from Piracy, a question goes as to a possibility of outsourcing some of the work to India so that you can have cost as well on your side?

2. Don't you think the reverse of what you said is also true as well, where the spending capacity/disposable income of a average Indian will be less and hence the need to play pirated games (Requesting others to understand that this is only 1 point of the never ending discussion and i am against piracy too)

If you price the game for INR 5000, most Indian parents would not allow their children to spend that on a video game.

I cannot tell you what Sony and Microsoft charge for platform fees but it is more than many of you are asking the final price to be. You pay less per disk based on volume, we do not have that volume, this is a niche game.

Then I guess it will have to be bought by Indian adults.

5000 INR is also about 40% wage of a graduate Indian starting off.

It's a great game true, but in the end it boils down to economics.

As far as I understood what they were saying is that they will price the game relative to what games normally cost in that region. My pre order cost R699 which is about $65. So it depends on what the games normally cost in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread