Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go nothing. All these e-mails are great but for some reason people consistently ignore where they get their information from i.e. Tru Blu/Big Ant.
They don't know any different because it hasn't been announced yet. Sure we get the occasional early leak like the SA/Aus release date ones but mostly the people replying to these e-mails have less information than we do.

"due to England already being knocked out of the World T20, there is no appetite from retailers for a cricket game at this time. Therefore the UK release is delayed until early June when the England football team will have reminded you you're shit at several sports, hopefully you'll have beaten Sri Lanka and people might be interested in cricket again"

Press release due 26/3/14

Here you go:

Subject: RE: GameXchange - Trade in Games or Sell Games for Cash: Order #28587 details and receipt.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 08:55:21 +0000

Unfortunately, although there is a release date for Australia, this doesn?t apply to Europe so we are still in the dark. All we know is it will be after April 3rd ? probably a couple of weeks later. I just wish someone somewhere would make some decisions.

Regards

Richard

Why not try our website GameXchange - Trade in Games or Sell Games for Cash / Trade in games and DVDs or sell for CASH online. Top values for trade-in on DVDs and games for your Xbox 360, PC, Sony Playstation PS2, Vita, PS3, PSP and Nintendo Wii, Wii-U DS and 3DS. Low price where you now trade-in your games or DVDs for Cash or credit?

Yeah, well the key is that this guy is not in the loop and says as much.

Don't understand why my post was deleted. Getting very over being called a liar for page after page.

well I have gone and pre ordered with a U.K. retailer and am confident of having the game around the same time as everyone else. If it becomes clear that it isn't happening I cancel my preorder from the U.K. and order it overseas....no hassle.

----------

I might also add that if people take the time to open up the first page of their favourite news site the stuff we are going on about here really, really, really isn't important.

Ok seriously, I was online and checking out this thread at the time yet I still missed this deleted post... it's like I'm the blitz of this forum

[/closesaccount]

No loss. At all.

Here's the edit Barmy:

You really are a *edit* nice guy. I let it slide that you call me a liar but it's now wearing thin, come up with something other than the one track broken record you have become for pages now.

I might also add that if people take the time to open up the first page of their favourite news site the stuff we are going on about here really, really, really isn't important.

"Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who" right? Considering I don't watch Doctor Who and haven't heard of Keeley Hawes I'm not sure I agree with you there.

As I cannot see your post. You must be lying about making one :lol

In all seriousness though, people need to manager their emotions. BA (Ross especially) has been incredibly forthcoming with information so if he says that information/confirmations (and the North America detail which I personally am waiting on sans freak outs) are coming, then it's coming.

We do also know from his other posts that UK distributors weren't wild about the Don Bradman focus
I certainly think there are ways to make the Bradman license work better with the UK market - I don't think a pre-order bonus of a green steelcase with the southern cross on it is something that many people would jump on to drive pre-order sales, especially with a 'Tru Blu' label on it.

I would have found some images of Bradman playing that are noticeably in England - rather than the one showing him in a baggy green with the Australian coat of arms clearly visible and made 'Cricket 14' bigger in the logo.

The next bit of promotion for the game should be built around the Bradman legacy - introducing the world to why Bradman is the perfect name for a cricket game, intercut with how Big Ant have represented him and his legacy in the game and what it means to them to be working with that license.

Still - I doubt it influences the distribution side of things one bit - it's a promotional thing, and Ross has mentioned that he's quite happy for a slow burn of sales as consumers find out about it themselves via word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread