Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

Firstly I want to thank you for all the great work on this game,
it truly look amazing.

I seriously can't wait any longer for the release date because we urgently need
a new decent cricket game.

Keep up the great work

The good thing about releasing it on April 3rd is the wait is not that hard as ICC T20 world cup will keep us busy....:D;)

Happy for you to come here and play also :)

On my way

silverjetpackmartinaviationcompanyhimmelsturner.jpg

I mean they can easily run simulation of the T20 games as they are scheduled and post a short clip regarding the result or maybe "predict" the winner of T20 Cup based on DBC 14 simulation a la EA's Madden who predicts Superbowl winner every year based on the game's simulation. Anything to get people talking about it. At the moment not very many outside of PC are doing so, which shouldn't be the case barely 2 weeks from the game's release date.

Absolutely great idea. Should be done via twitter and leverage the official hashtags as well as #DBC14 to increase visibility. This literally only costs the time of a person to do it, and is absolutely what a small budget game should be doing.

The only issue with that would be the licensing.

We simulated the ICC World T20 vs. We simulated a tournament
David Warner was the leading run scorer vs. D. Warren was the leading run scorer

The only issue with that would be the licensing.

We simulated the ICC World T20 vs. We simulated a tournament
David Warner was the leading run scorer vs. D. Warren was the leading run scorer

i highly doubt that is an issue. the name maybe... but just simulating a game that happens to be played at the same time? no chance.

Oh they'd totally be able to simulate it...just don't know if they would be allowed to say 'We simulated the T20 World Cup'

Can just simulate each game as it happens. Usually the hashtag as well as say #iccwt20 which I agree may be best avoided, will also have e.g. #indvaus and you just use that

If they were really being careful. The "story" could be PC.net got hold of a preview copy and were running the simulation. But that's unnecessary I think.

Oh they'd totally be able to simulate it...just don't know if they would be allowed to say 'We simulated the T20 World Cup'

There are plenty of ways around it just like the IGN video showed. They will not be simulating the matches/tourney using their created teams but the teams created by other users. And as Barmy said they can have a partner like IGN or PC or even twistie (the guy who captured the 20 min gameplay video at the world premiere) to do it on their behalf.

If I were Tru Blu I would do it the following way...

1. Have a tweet on the lines of "According to DBC 14 Aus beats NZ by 24 runs in DBC T20 Cup" on the day Aus is to take on NZ.

2. Have a link to either the short game highlights a la Madden simulation or in case it's too much of an effort simply show the simulated match scorecard.

3. After the T20 World Cup match is over send a tweet as follows...
a) If Aus wins... "Results are in line with DBC 14"
b) If NZ wins... "DBC 14 didn't see such a match winning performance from XYZ. Congrats New Zealand!!!"

The point would be all about making people sit up and take notice. In fact if fans get riled up with the prediction and go on a twitter war/rampage slating DBC's prediction, all the better.

I'm sure there would be other ways to leverage social media but Tru Blu shouldn't let the hype generated by T20 World Cup go waste. They should make the most of it and leverage it to their advantage and social media is the ideal tool to do so and reach millions of cricket fans.

Good ideas re: T20 world cup - if they could get away with doing it that is.

Although stating the obvious, a much simpler thing would be to put a photo of DBC14 gameplay (with the release date on it obviously) on the FB page and say that if it gets x amount of likes and/or x amount of shares then a gameplay video will be uploaded. Or a competition for the steelbook - share it to win. It would take no time at all to do and would result in lots of free social media advertising. Same with retweets. Even a change your profile picture/cover photo to a DBC14 and win kind of thing. Etc..etc..etc...etc...etc...you catch my drift.

There are 18,000+ likes on the FB page - utilise them!

it's an odd thing to say when we've had the ceo of the developer here daily for almost 2 years, but a quick look at the twitter/fb of BA/TB shows a pretty archaic attitude to social media (distinct from "community engagement" as we have here which is ahead of the curve.)

the social feeds are dead zones, not just for DBC (and new releases) but even for previous releases rather than the continual drip drip you'd expect for people operating on a smaller budget.

there's very much a "this is how we do it" attitude, when from a social media perspective what worked even 2 or 3 years ago isn't what people expect today.

it's understandable they haven't wanted to shoot their bolt too early while the release was up in the air, but you do feel a lot more could be happening now. even just to trail some info on the twitter etc. e.g. maybe they plan to release a still or vid on friday, just a tweet saying "enjoying #SLvIND keep looking here for something else to enjoy during #XvY " (whoever's playing that day)

At the very least, include a screenshot of a player reaching a milestone with the posts celebrating the like milestones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread