Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the physical disk (or even the console version) of AC13 was expected to release? i.e. when is the cutoff date after which BigAnt can safely assume the game is no longer gonna release anytime soon?

Any idea when the physical disk (or even the console version) of AC13 was expected to release? i.e. when is the cutoff date after which BigAnt can safely assume the game is no longer gonna release anytime soon?

It was meant to to be released on the 6th (PC-DVD), but 505 are making an announcement today so we'll find out more shortly.

I just wanted to know the reason behind his opinion.

To be honest, Harsha Bhogle is not a great commentator to hear (atleast not for a video game). He is a good host in after-match discussions etc, but have never found him to be that good in a commentary box as he is just not able to emote enough, something that the likes of Ravi Shastri, Micheal Slater etc are very good at and someone like Tony Grieg was a master of.

----------

but 505 are making an announcement today

Has this been confirmed??

To be honest, Harsha Bhogle is not a great commentator to hear (atleast not for a video game). He is a good host in after-match discussions etc, but have never found him to be that good in a commentary box as he is just not able to emote enough, something that the likes of Ravi Shastri, Micheal Slater etc are very good at and someone like Tony Grieg was a master of.

Couldn't disagree. But his way of saying things kept the proceeding alive. Not the best at emoting but during dull moments, he could give comic relief.
That said, the first thing I noticed about the DBC14 commentators that there wasn't a bold voice. Maybe its the recording but felt it could have had a nicer voice. That could give a majestic touch even if the lines were to repeat.

You're right. I think they need to go right back to the drawing board. But this is probably their last cricket title anyway.

In fairness I think actually saw this happen in one if the ashes video. ;-)
Just my personal view if go into a shop or amazon and I see ashes 13 and DBC 14 I would buy the the most recent every time. When you add in the box art and features on the back it's a no brainer. Regardless of anything else career mode beats test match captain mode or whatever else they try and spin that garbage as. Only my opinion mind.

Just my personal view if go into a shop or amazon and I see ashes 13 and DBC 14 I would buy the the most recent every time. When you add in the box art and features on the back it's a no brainer. Regardless of anything else career mode beats test match captain mode or whatever else they try and spin that garbage as. Only my opinion mind.

But thats only valid if you see both the games in that shop or amazon, right? Thats what Ross has been stressing on all day/week/month long, that its the retailers who need to buy the game before 'you' are able to buy it. The issue is from the retailer's side and not from the final consumer's.

It was meant to to be released on the 6th (PC-DVD), but 505 are making an announcement today so we'll find out more shortly.

Where will they make that announcement, in their website? I so wish it doesn't materialize or rather they make a cancellation announcement :D

Yes, Colin has confirmed that 505 are making an announcement likely today (or latest by tomorrow). They are waiting on some approvals and sign-offs before they make it official.

The fact that they are waiting for approvals and sign-offs tells me that the game is going to be canceled. I could be wrong but that's just a gut feel. Fingers crossed.

Yes, Colin has confirmed that 505 are making an announcement likely today (or latest by tomorrow). They are waiting on some approvals and sign-offs before they make it official.

The fact that they are waiting for approvals and sign-offs tells me that the game is going to be canceled. I could be wrong but that's just a gut feel. Fingers crossed.

I wish they do. 505 Games has got such good press for PayDay2. Surely they dont wanna spoil it or lose that momentum by releasing AC13. Ac13 is just embarrassing.

Is that for both PC DVD and console release? so obviously the best news for Big Ant and for us fans of the DBC14 would be if 505 announces the cancellation of the game entirely. Do you see them doing that even if the game is cancelled, will they announce or would rather prolong to hurt DBC14? :(

Is that for both PC DVD and console release? so obviously the best news for Big Ant and for us fans of the DBC14 would be if 505 announces the cancellation of the game entirely. Do you see them doing that even if the game is cancelled, will they announce or would rather prolong to hurt DBC14? :(

If they cancel it for PC, then there is 99.9% chance they will cancel it for consoles as well.

If they release it for PC, then there is 10% chance they will release it for consoles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread