Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I certainly missed a lot since I went to bed.

It is disappointing that the game won't be released this year but I was always doubtful once we started getting into the middle of December.

The worst thing about it not being released this year is that those people who said "it is DBC14 so it will be released in 2014", are now right....

If anyone is curious, the ps3 controller seems to be working with CA although it detects it as a 360 controller and shows the A B X and Y Buttons in CA.

It was a hassle, but i needed to install motionjoy and play around with the button mapping a bit.

6 friends yeah yeah I get the joke, you're so clever spitfireskent! Understand the point however and you may see my reasoning. If everyone had at least one to two others who felt the way my friends do then it will make its mark in Big Ants intake. That's not rocket science.

So as a result of the game being delayed by a small period due to events outside their control, your friends are not going to buy the game? Seems like they couldn't have been all that interested in the first place.....

As Ross has said many times, the sales that are generated from the people that are on this forum only represent a very small percentage of the total sales. The marketing campaign has not hit full swing yet so perhaps let's just be thankful for the insight that we have gained so early in the piece......

I don't post here regularly and with good reason (all the abuse mainly) with all the negativity. I will say however that you have a mass of disappointed fans, and not just on this site. I have at least 6 friends who bought into the idea of this game and were willing to part cash but not anymore (at least at full price). Now they see Big Ant as a joke? Promises, unfulfilled. Here is my piece of Wisdom for you Ross. Run faster than your fears! If your game is strong enough then it would have stood the test! If you wanted to consume the market and lead the cricket gaming front then you should have been brave! Money is not everything and reputation is key. We respect you for keeping the lines of communication open but sometimes your manor has left people questioning.

im just gonna throw this out there im not a marketing expert and dont usually comment on this forum but this one bugs me a hell of a lot!

1. my guess and its only a guess Aus and prob NZ could prob of got this game on boxing day launch as aimed for yea for us downunder!
2. everyone else maybe 3 weeks or even 4 weeks later.
3. from a business that wants EVERYONE to enjoy aiming for a world wide launch and releasing at the same time is far more sense marketing wise than serving the whims of kids in todays market who want everything now now now i wish they would just stop your all ruining the gaming industry!

be at piece next year we will be playing so wait plenty of other things to do inbetween!

you're so clever spitfireskent!

Thanks for the new sig :cheers

If everyone had at least one to two others who felt the way my friends do then it will make its mark in Big Ants intake. That's not rocket science.

Yeah you're right it isn't rocket science, it's absolute garbage.

No I never said they wouldn't buy it but by their trust being lost they will now 'more than likely' wait for the price to drop massively (lost revenue). The trust came by saying that it would release in 2013. In my opinion Big Ant should have been brave, taken the plunge, shown what a great product they have ( from the play session ) and stolen the market well before the Ashes 2013 debarcle. I understand the license factor but had Big Ant released early, Ashes wouldn't have released their crap. Going back to the idea of running faster than your fears.

I don't get why that one person who suggested it will not release in 2013 was being picked on until the post was edited. I mean its not like it was an overnight decision to delay the game

No I never said they wouldn't buy it but by their trust being lost they will now 'more than likely' wait for the price to drop massively (lost revenue). The trust came by saying that it would release in 2013. In my opinion Big Ant should have been brave, taken the plunge, shown what a great product they have ( from the play session ) and stolen the market well before the Ashes 2013 debarcle. I understand the license factor but had Big Ant released early, Ashes wouldn't have released their crap. Going back to the idea of running faster than your fears.

Why are you talking absolute bollocks!

The games been delayed ! Deal with it .....no matter how much carp you spout about "lost revenue" & "price drops" , if this game is a good as it looks, and doesn't have any flaws it will sell buy the bucket loads whether it releases Jan , Feb whenever....

Stop digging yourself a hole, download CA update and have a net session instead of mouthing of ;)

In my opinion Big Ant should have been brave, taken the plunge, shown what a great product they have ( from the play session ) and stolen the market well before the Ashes 2013 debarcle. I understand the license factor but had Big Ant released early, Ashes wouldn't have released their crap. Going back to the idea of running faster than your fears.

^All of this has already been explained in great detail. :facepalm

I'll admit that's my comments are more than likely out of frustration, I like you really wanted this game this year, sick of IC2010, and I'd love too have a net session but I own a mac not a PC sadly.

I'll admit that's my comments are more than likely out of frustration, I like you really wanted this game this year, sick of IC2010, and I'd love too have a net session but I own a mac not a PC sadly.

You can install windows on mac through bootcamp, like I did and running CA successfully.

The Australian media, as with practically all international media, is notorious for focussing on reporting negative stories. Rarely do they like to reflect positively on anything, apparently that isn't 'what the people want' or some crap like that.

I could be making FIFA here and I wouldn't get the front page of a newspaper.

They report planes crashing, not planes landing safely.

I've not read the last 14 pages because the bunch before that were shite and I don't expect them to be any better, so here is my assesment.

If Ross had said "There'll be a 2014 release" and that was it; then I think that people would have the right to ask questions. However; he obviously have an amount of pride in his game to go "and we'll give you nets now"; so that lets us judge the most important element of the game now and then if its good, wait until final release (which I'm guessing is Q1) and if its not, then not buy it. Its the best release strategy, and not at all comparable to AC13 or any other cricket game, if not sports game! Its actually more useful than the traditional demo IMO...

e: probably best place to ask: while a PS3 controller configured through "motioninjoy" (the only driver that exists for it and the worst driver for anything ever) work on release? Its OK if it doesn't because its not a traditional way of playing a game, buit it works for most things after being configured, so it'd be nice if it did!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread