Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reasons for the decline of cricket were firstly the Imperial Cricket Conference (forerunner to the ICC) would only grant test-status to teams from the Empire, so the USA were cut off from the "top table"...

Ironically, exactly what the muppets from the ECB, ACB and BCCI are trying to do today... and exactly what Ireland has been suffering from at the hands of the ECB blocking their Test Status. History forever repeats...

What is it exactly that the big three are after? I have heard a few rumours and there is a lot of resenment here in Pakistani media about the impending developement in ICC. It would be nice to know what the fuss is about.

What is it exactly that the big three are after? I have heard a few rumours and there is a lot of resenment here in Pakistani media about the impending developement in ICC. It would be nice to know what the fuss is about.

This should give some info ICC news : ICC plan hands powers to Big Three | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo

And now the Australians are Number 1.

Well deserved! India deserved to lose that spot given how illogical their bowling lineup decisions are going on at the moment.

Cricket used to be very popular in the US, maybe not as popular as Baseball but certainly not far behind. The first ever international cricket match was between the USA and Canada, in 1844.

Just like Ice Hockey has been played in Australia since 1906.. first international game was played in 1908. Australia has the second oldest ice hockey award in the world.. still yet to get an Australian born player into the NHL though (we're very close mind you).

Yeah, I think we technically have an icc affiliate team or something like that but you never ever hear about it.
Doesn't everyone remember the Champions Trophy 2004? Where England were cheated out of the win in the final by Rudi Koertzen?

USA had a team at that tournament as part of ICC's plan to help cricket there and in Associate countries. With 202 runs in two games, including 65 against Australia and a 9 wicket loss in less than three hours, as well as being beaten by 210 runs against New Zealand, it wasn't a great idea by the ICC (what else is new?).

If you read the popping crease blog by our PC member @The Author it seems the USA cricket board is even more stupid and corrupt than the ICC.

His blog is a great source of info on associate and affiliate cricket and always interesting. I heartily recommend it to anyone here

Last edited:
I like the fact that an anagram of the username of the guy who started this thread is Poo It Cheap which is also the answer to the question

- A controller is really expensive isn't it?

performance in sa and nz should serve as a wake up call to india for the world cup next year in australia.

india can only perforn good in their home grounds. they can't play well outside of india. only virat kohli has that courage to play well anywhere.

I'm afraid you are wrong there. The U.S.A have a very good team rugby team and have a side in the rugby 7s circuit.
I don't understand why 20/20 hasn't taken off in the states. It has to be more exciting than baseball and basketball! :yes

But it doesnt get the coverage that football and baseball or basketball or even golf do. And everything is more exciting than baseball.

----------

People watch NFL for the same reason they watch Nascar - violent crashes*. Figure out how to make cricket a full contact sport, and you'll make it a success.

*and being able to throw the ball forward - seriously rugby, sort that out!

Yeah. Im the odd one out in my family, I like football but i like golf and cricket more and id rather watch an off road rally or a top fuel drag race than NASCAR. (Which has been majority NEEDed in the last decade or so.)

----------

But how long does a game of American football take to play with all the stops for adverts? I assume that the same goes for baseball and basketball.

About 3 hours and change.

And everything is more exciting than baseball.

And yet a million people go to the baseball each and every day during the season, and tens of millions watch it on media. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't make baseball unexciting.

I mean you choose NASCAR for chrissakes? What could be more pointless.

The Scottish invented golf and whiskey. It's very fortunate for the latter, to help you forget about the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread