Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after I install it following the above procedure including the updates, would I need to be online to continue playing the game?
No. Just click the 'go offline' button in Steam before you disconnect from the internet and you can play for a while without being connected. About 30 days in theory.

I've heard mixed feedback about how well Steam's offline mode works, if you don't have any internet access on the computer you'll be playing on, you might need to give the game a miss.

Just click the 'go offline' button in Steam before you disconnect from the internet and you can play for a while without being connected. About 30 days in theory

So if I got this right, there won't be a permanent offline solution? You gotta get online at least once every 30 days? Sorry if these questions seem too basic. I'm totally new to making a disk install work with Steam.

I guess then the better option would be to directly play it through steam and give the retail disk a miss.

if you don't have any internet access on the computer you'll be playing on, you might need to give the game a miss.

I don't mind being online while playing; was just wondering if it could be something that can be avoided. No worries if it can't.

Last edited:
I guess then the better option would be to directly play it through steam and give the retail disk a miss.
Well all Steam games are subject to the same requirements. The reason to get the physical version is saving the initial download time and getting that other thing that comes with it.

So if I got this right, there won't be a permanent offline solution? You gotta get online at least once every 30 days? Sorry if these questions seem too basic. I'm totally new to making a disk install work with Steam.
Correct - you need to have at least some internet occasionally. On the plus side, you don't need to leave the disc in the drive while you play.

I'm set then. Download speeds and bandwidth are fortunately a non-issue for me. Might just be a matter of waiting 3-4 hours more

I'm set then. Download speeds and bandwidth are fortunately a non-issue for me. Might just be a matter of waiting 3-4 hours more

Steam will actually allow you to pre-load the game, probably a day or two before the release date. So your game is downloaded and becomes playable as soon as the release date sets in.

So all Steam games are the same then? I've had issues with the go offline system in the past which really puts me off, but if it's going to be the only way then so be it. Steam download it is. Do we pre-order on there, or what? I haven't been on there for ages, so I don't know if it's already available.

Also, with the new 'demo', ie Cricket Academy, if we download that now via Steam, will that keep our save data over into the game upon release? Ie, we can set up the teams and stuff how we want now, without losing that data on installation? Or do we just have to wait for release and do it all then?

I`ve allways maintained that @BigAntStudios has stocks in the Controller market , and now I`ve seen concrete proof :lol:lol

I wish we did :)

It's the publisher of the retail version HES/Tru Blu that is responsible for the retail packs.

I wish we did :)

It's the publisher of the retail version HES/Tru Blu that is responsible for the retail packs.

Let's just say we already have the controller and do not want to go for the collectors edition too. All i want is just the game, in such a case can i go ahead and buy only the game DVD?

Also, with the new 'demo', ie Cricket Academy, if we download that now via Steam, will that keep our save data over into the game upon release? Ie, we can set up the teams and stuff how we want now, without losing that data on installation? Or do we just have to wait for release and do it all then?

Any insight on this? Really want to get in the mood for the game, but don't want to waste my time. :/

A little late, but

n50mc3.jpg

No it doesn't carry over.

Okay, cheers, waiting it is then.

Any great new community made teams, players, etc, I need to be aware of? I took leave of absence from January to stop myself getting annoyed about the delay, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread