Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

Me too, Kevin would have been great, I'm a bit of a _______ tbh... (Insert whatever word you like :))

I'm a PC player and I'm confident that a lot of this stuff will be ironed out before the PC release. Not because I'm a fanboy but because BA have a proven track record of supporting their games with patches.

I do sympathise with you to a degree though, some of these bugs being reported shouldn't have made it through QA but you're going to get nowhere on here just venting your spleen.

I'm a PC player and I'm confident that a lot of this stuff will be ironed out before the PC release. Not because I'm a fanboy but because BA have a proven track record of supporting their games with patches.

I do sympathise with you to a degree though, some of these bugs being reported shouldn't have made it through QA but you're going to get nowhere on here just venting your spleen.

But did they make it thru QA is my question? If he's played it without the patch surely what's happened is issues were identified but the game was shipped to make a release date and a day one patch issued.

We can say it shouldn't happen but that's the way it does happen with everyone. Why would someone choose not to download the patch?

@blockerdave KEVIN DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET OK?

Out of all the issues the one that perplexes me the most is the cover drive issue. It was apparent from the first version of the Academy that it wasn't there, both myself and @Fissionmailed mentioned it. Fission then played it at the premiere and said it was in. Now it's not. Very odd.

Last edited:
So I got to play the game today. I started a T20 against kiwis as Pakistan on medium difficulty. Old members here know of my struggles with front/back foot selection with DBC 14. So I adjusted the length visibility slider to 65 and I could finally bat without premeditation. That changed the game totally for me. I could play the shots I wanted to. Thank you @BigAntStudios and @MattW
Coming to the shots they are animated well and aesthetics are there. I care not about graphics. They are more than good imho. I played a few covers drive, pulls and cuts (strange animation to this shot). I read somewhere that cover drive is hard to play but it was quite easy for me. There was however some problem with on side play. Lengths that would normally require leg glances were being pulled of the front foot. Maybe that is me being crappy. I couldn't also execute a leg glance when I tried. I mustered 110 in 20 overs with nine wickets down. I will try bowling now but can someone tell me how to catch. I have forgotten the mechanics from DBC 14 and there is no fielding practice option?
Overall till now I think game is great. If AI is challenging enough, I see myself investing a lot of hurs into this. Should I try career or do I need to wait for get best option to work?

This is my first post though I have been reading the forum for a very long time indeed. Loved db14 and adore 17. Thanks for the early release ba!
And a special thanks to those who have created superb teams such as fission/Casper/Karol/munkey etc. It makes the game so much more enjoyable.
I have only had a couple of crashes but I was expecting it at this stage.
I will get my 10 pence worth and say that the criticisms from the above people should be taken a little more positively.
And I kind of get ''kevins'' point.
However I love the game, I'm looking forward to seeing some UK stadiums , if anyone knows a username that has created some accurately id love to know.

Cheers anyway.

How about logos on the uniforms?
When looking at them in the academy they look excellent the smaller logos on players sleeves are a little blurry but the logos on the front of the uniforms look really good also I was lookking at your created Players and they look pretty good are you going to put them in teams to download cause when I search for teams I cant find any just players

When looking at them in the academy they look excellent the smaller logos on players sleeves are a little blurry but the logos on the front of the uniforms look really good also I was lookking at your created Players and they look pretty good are you going to put them in teams to download cause when I search for teams I cant find any just players

The only players I have are ones carried thru from DBC14. I am putting them into teams slowly. The menu system makes it slow and difficult and I have issues sharing at the moment.

The only players I have are ones carried thru from DBC14. I am putting them into teams slowly. The menu system makes it slow and difficult and I have issues sharing at the moment.
Ok cool I will wait I was going to download the players individually I tried porting over some players I made but they just look completely different yours looked pretty good

Firstly, Congratulations Big Ant DB 17 is definitely an improvement from DB 14. A part from the small issues here and there, which I'm will be patched up in no time, the improvements from last game to know create a more realistic cricket game. Here is the one thing i love most....

My only trouble with DB 14 was the fact that as a batsmen i found it difficult to pick up the length and line of each pace delivery quick enough to make a perfectly timed shot. Most the time i found myself premeditating as a batsmen. In DB 17 i am not having this issue at all. The coloured circle around the ball showing the length and line of the delivery makes it far easier to bat like a true cricketer. A great innovation.

First impressions are very good. Of course there are a few issues as some have pointed out, but overall this is a clear improvement on DBC14 and will only get better with further patches. Good work BigAnt.

Users who are viewing this thread