Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

If it's also digital only then I'd think it were altogether possible.

I say again - Early access is the way to do it. Kickstarter is a non-starter and Indiegogo is too small for Cricket - It should be able to go much bigger and Early Access would get a lot of early money in to fund development... And I'll keep pushing that. :-)
I accept that early access would be good..

I accept that early access would be good..

My slight concern is that with everything else they've been doing (their output at the moment is amazing!) Cricket must surely have taken a back seat, and for Early Access to be meaningful it would probably have to be out in July or so. Fingers crossed!

My slight concern is that with everything else they've been doing (their output at the moment is amazing!) Cricket must surely have taken a back seat, and for Early Access to be meaningful it would probably have to be out in July or so. Fingers crossed!
Wouldn't release of Academy around that time help??

Wouldn't release of Academy around that time help??

Not in the way I'm talking about. The Academy does very little save for data entry at the BA end - which sure saves them time, but doesn't help develop the game any. I'm talking about getting 3 months of free testing, balancing, feedback etc. PLUS money up front which could potentially be re-invested in marketing and PR (which has been woefully lacking in the past). This, of course, assuming that they are self-publishing... which may not be the case (but should be IMO)

Not in the way I'm talking about. The Academy does very little save for data entry at the BA end - which sure saves them time, but doesn't help develop the game any. I'm talking about getting 3 months of free testing, balancing, feedback etc. PLUS money up front which could potentially be re-invested in marketing and PR (which has been woefully lacking in the past). This, of course, assuming that they are self-publishing... which may not be the case (but should be IMO)

I really hope that they allow people to really test the game thoroughly and help tweak and devlop it as it goes through it's last phases. We can all remember the amount of work that still needed to be done when the last game was released, even basic things. The bowling side of things must improve greatly. Batting is excellent and allround ambience and feel, really good: Depth in gameplay and career and bowling.......surely priorities now....bowling is just a game of restricting the runs rather than getting people out.....bowling a proper line and length needs to be much more challenging that it is at the moment......

I really hope that they allow people to really test the game thoroughly and help tweak and devlop it as it goes through it's last phases. We can all remember the amount of work that still needed to be done when the last game was released, even basic things. The bowling side of things must improve greatly. Batting is excellent and allround ambience and feel, really good: Depth in gameplay and career and bowling.......surely priorities now....bowling is just a game of restricting the runs rather than getting people out.....bowling a proper line and length needs to be much more challenging that it is at the moment......

Yeah - Basically I think that if you did Early Access, then you could probably completely avoid Patches.

There is more that needs improving on than just the bowling side. The most common statement on here is I love the game but the 101 things wrong with it bother me. Personally I don’t understand the move to make a racing game it is a very competitive market. If Big Ant can handle making other games and still produce good cricket games then all is good but if this next one is just a carry on with little improvement I could imagine a few buyers of the game will be left frustrated.

But for testing and balancing the game, people would expect full game not just playable..People would then start about "I have paid for this" posts than "This needs correction, this is lacking balance posts"..This has been happening with DBC even now with posts of bug report still happening..Its difficult for them to decide the level of completion which people who pay accept as a game which needs all the building and balancing stuff...

I am definitely for the early access part you mention but will it be acceptable needs to be thought about..

Yeah - Basically I think that if you did Early Access, then you could probably completely avoid Patches.
Agree with both..

There is more that needs improving on than just the bowling side. The most common statement on here is I love the game but the 101 things wrong with it bother me. Personally I don’t understand the move to make a racing game it is a very competitive market. If Big Ant can handle making other games and still produce good cricket games then all is good but if this next one is just a carry on with little improvement I could imagine a few buyers of the game will be left frustrated.

I think they've explained many times: the Sprint games were really successful for them previously, and they clearly have links to the community. Sure it's competitive, but it is a very particular niche that they are going after.
Sadly it looks currently really unlikely that the Kickstarter will come off, which is more indicative of the KS market than it is of BA's.
Still I expect that, should it fail, they will pursue other avenues to get it done (I think (although they have to say it won't happen unless they raise the funds, or no-one would contribute) that they will make it either way!)

But for testing and balancing the game, people would expect full game not just playable..People would then start about "I have paid for this" posts than "This needs correction, this is lacking balance posts"..This has been happening with DBC even now with posts of bug report still happening..Its difficult for them to decide the level of completion which people who pay accept as a game which needs all the building and balancing stuff...

I am definitely for the early access part you mention but will it be acceptable needs to be thought about..

Oh yeah - LOADS of people get "Early Access" totally wrong. But so long as you communicate exactly where you are and what you are trying to achieve with it, no-one gets hurt.
What I would be doing is looking to EA the game basically at Beta, do 2 or 3 months of fixing/tweaking the PC version, and then lock it down - Submit console versions, release ASAP.

As has been discussed before ad nauseum de best way in my opinion on going forward is making the game as moddable and editable as possible: let us control speed of fielders, running between wickets, bounce of ball, atmospheric conditions, and all the rest........then the users can make the gameplay they desire and tweak the game on the fly as it were......not being a programmer or publisher I am probably talking out of that place where jealousy rages but still....

Oh yeah - LOADS of people get "Early Access" totally wrong. But so long as you communicate exactly where you are and what you are trying to achieve with it, no-one gets hurt.
What I would be doing is looking to EA the game basically at Beta, do 2 or 3 months of fixing/tweaking the PC version, and then lock it down - Submit console versions, release ASAP.
Yeah, again agreed but early access to be decided by Tru blu or BA??If tru blu another hurdle to pass..

As has been discussed before ad nauseum de best way in my opinion on going forward is making the game as moddable and editable as possible: let us control speed of fielders, running between wickets, bounce of ball, atmospheric conditions, and all the rest........then the users can make the gameplay they desire and tweak the game on the fly as it were......not being a programmer or publisher I am probably talking out of that place where jealousy rages but still....
Balancing control might become an issue if most of the stuff gets user input..

Maybe they can reduce the skillset even on fullest skills and attributes..So even user gives hundred he performs as humanistic as possible..

Users who are viewing this thread