Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Yeah, again agreed but early access to be decided by Tru blu or BA??If tru blu another hurdle to pass..

As I said above, we don't know if Tru Blu are involved in this one. They brought so little (IMO) to the last one that there is little point. I think BA should self-publish, but the major fallback would be that distribution, marketing, packaging etc all needs paying for. A Paid Early Access on PC 4 months out from console release could do that for them, is my point. (NB, but I'd be going digital only, unless picking up a major license for the box!)

As I said above, we don't know if Tru Blu are involved in this one. They brought so little (IMO) to the last one that there is little point. I think BA should self-publish, but the major fallback would be that distribution, marketing, packaging etc all needs paying for. A Paid Early Access on PC 4 months out from console release could do that for them, is my point. (NB, but I'd be going digital only, unless picking up a major license for the box!)
Yeah right...But as of now we know nothing about what is being planned and who else is involved in the publishing side of things...Early access would definitely invite more and more people to test out the game and balance it..Infact it would feel the same way it was done for DBC 14 where many stuffs were taken from the user side and implied into the game...

As has been discussed before ad nauseum de best way in my opinion on going forward is making the game as moddable and editable as possible: let us control speed of fielders, running between wickets, bounce of ball, atmospheric conditions, and all the rest........then the users can make the gameplay they desire and tweak the game on the fly as it were......not being a programmer or publisher I am probably talking out of that place where jealousy rages but still....
This is certainly a direction things will be going in - again, I'll need to be light on the detail for now, but there's certainly going to be more aspects of the game you can edit.

I'm hoping that the Lacrosse beta will have proven that an Early Access period is really useful, and a similar thing done with Cricket.
The "early access" for Lacrosse Backers was very similar to the level of content included in the Academy releases for DBC14.

@MattW will there be the possibility to play online tournaments? (DBC)

The "early access" for Lacrosse Backers was very similar to the level of content included in the Academy releases for DBC14.

I thought there was a lot more playable stuff early on in the sandbox. If you can test the core mechanics early, all the other metagame stuff is just content layers. But starting from a fully-formed engine this time, I would expect that those core mechanical gameplay elements are pretty much ready to test and refine.

I'm not looking for confirmation - realise it's too early to officially talk about things - just throwing ideas out there. ;-)

I thought there was a lot more playable stuff early on in the sandbox
Yep, but that's very functionally equivalent to having the nets, there wasn't much of the AI elements and you don't have the full team - so it's about the same level as what will be accessible in the Academy for the next cricket.

I just wouldn't want people thinking that Lacrosse had early access, as in being a fully playable game for months ahead of release - with just feature additions/polish being the differentiator.

This is certainly a direction things will be going in - again, I'll need to be light on the detail for now, but there's certainly going to be more aspects of the game you can edit.

MattLite......I like it......great to hear and I get more and more excited about the game. I just know how passionate you are about cricket games and having you on board as a QA is just great....I don't expect the game to be perfect but I am sure you are pushing for things as much as possible, the things we have all been dreaming of since....well....since.....toasters became a legitimate instrument of stimulation....

Yep, but that's very functionally equivalent to having the nets, there wasn't much of the AI elements and you don't have the full team - so it's about the same level as what will be accessible in the Academy for the next cricket.

I just wouldn't want people thinking that Lacrosse had early access, as in being a fully playable game for months ahead of release - with just feature additions/polish being the differentiator.

Well then I'll double down - The Academy is still basically useless with regards to helping improve the game in any meaningful way, and you should do an Early Access. 3 months before release I guess being the minimum you could do - 1 month to let people play, gather data, feed back, test etc and then 2 months to get the console versions through submission.

And Lacrosse should probably have had that as well - especially being a crowdfunded game with loads of backers already on board. I think that as long as you communicate properly what it is people are looking at, Early Access can only be a very good thing.

Cricket Academy of previous edition was just too limited to find the flaws in the game. We already know how Lacrosse has been developed and we have something to be sure about quality of the next iteration of Cricket from BA.

"Early Access" might help the developers to improve the game. Other than the Academy, if we get something more "playable/editable" then it will be a great move in terms of getting feedbacks, bug reporting/troubleshooting and improving the game and avoid further phase of updating the game for every month by going through the feedbacks.

Is there any option to turn on the pitch marker? I couldn't play the game without it and their idea of slower pace bowling (even at legends )so that user can actually see the bowl and time the proper shot doesn't intrigue me either, I want extreme pace bowling with pitch marker just when the bowl is about to release ,

Is there any option to turn on the pitch marker? I couldn't play the game without it and their idea of slower pace bowling (even at legends )so that user can actually see the bowl and time the proper shot doesn't intrigue me either, I want extreme pace bowling with pitch marker just when the bowl is about to release ,

Wrong thread wrong century wrong idea......[DOUBLEPOST=1457712533][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm doing a bit more than QA on it ;)

If I could marry you I would....I guess from your side it would have to be a forced marriage but still, you'd get to like me.....

Wrong thread wrong century wrong idea......[DOUBLEPOST=1457712533][/DOUBLEPOST]

If I could marry you I would....I guess from your side it would have to be a forced marriage but still, you'd get to like me.....

Then all night long you guys would just talk about cricket next. can't think of a better wedding night !:p

Then all night long you guys would just talk about cricket next. can't think of a better wedding night !:p
Oh Matt would be much too busy to be talking about cricket..........and more of that kind of schoolboy drivel......

Last edited by a moderator:
so,matt is enjoying the next edition and he is teasing us :( i wont ask the release date , but any screenshots? :D

Users who are viewing this thread