Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

QQ - with the new catching mechanic, if you're the bowling side and there's a little snick behind to the keeper stood up, will the mechanic be used (and therefore giving away that there's been an edge)? Or will we be appealing for the caught behind like we did in DBC14? I loved the did he/didn't he edge it --> appeal --> review process of DBC14. If the catching mechanic is used then the whole appeal/review will be redundant, right?

I saw in one of the gameplay videos that the new 'catching' mechanic was used for the bowler to just stop the ball in his follow through, regardless of whether it was a catch or not, so maybe for the WK it could be used for balls that have taken a significant deviation, whether that's from the bat, pitch, or whatever.

QQ - with the new catching mechanic, if you're the bowling side and there's a little snick behind to the keeper stood up, will the mechanic be used (and therefore giving away that there's been an edge)? Or will we be appealing for the caught behind like we did in DBC14? I loved the did he/didn't he edge it --> appeal --> review process of DBC14. If the catching mechanic is used then the whole appeal/review will be redundant, right?
Valid point..

I've said it many times that this mechanic will pop up for shots along the ground, play and misses, bunt balls and of course regular catches, so it won't be a give away.

I witnessed this at the premiere and it also happened a few times in the stream today, a solid ground stroke gets stopped by a fielder with this mechanic. Also late in the game there is a play and miss and the mechanic pops up.

Sorry if this is already posted.

I would like to know how the stamina system works.

I noticed in the pax live stream, Mike mentioned bowling extra effort delivery will have an effect in the stamina.

what will happen to a bowler/batsmen if his stamina or fatigue goes down?

In the last iteration i played many test matches online and i seen my opponent bowls long spells for 10-15 overs with consistent speed around 150 kmph.

Sorry if this is already posted.

I would like to know how the stamina system works.

I noticed in the pax live stream, Mike mentioned bowling extra effort delivery will have an effect in the stamina.

what will happen to a bowler/batsmen if his stamina or fatigue goes down?

In the last iteration i played many test matches online and i seen my opponent bowls long spells for 10-15 overs with consistent speed around 150 kmph.
I think his bowling speed decreases and will not be able to bowl in good pace.

Will Dbc 17 work on 2gb nvidia 820m graphics with 4gb ram and 4cpu intel i5?
Or i will purchase new laptop in 2 months if it will not work

Will Dbc 17 work on 2gb nvidia 820m graphics with 4gb ram and 4cpu intel i5?
Or i will purchase new laptop in 2 months if it will not work
This is the minimum requirement of Academy. If you can run the academy smoothly on your rig then probably the final game may also run..
MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00Ghz/AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.01Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA Geforce GT710 with Min 1GB Memory
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 3 GB available space

This is the minimum requirement of Academy. If you can run the academy smoothly on your rig then probably the final game may also run..
MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00Ghz/AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.01Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA Geforce GT710 with Min 1GB Memory
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 3 GB available space
Ok bro will check demo tomorrow thanks :)

Great - question answered then.

You raised a pretty good point. For catches to wkt keeper whenever the catch mechanic show up it means the batsman has edged it coz shots will rarely go to wkt keeper for fielding purposes (i.e. properly timed shots etc.)

@MattW can you confirm that the catching mechanic pops up when the ball goes to the keeper even when the batsman hasn't edged the ball? Otherwise the review system/DRS will be redundant for catches to the wkt keeper, which is a big part of the game.

can you confirm that the catching mechanic pops up when the ball goes to the keeper even when the batsman hasn't edged the ball?

@Fissionmailed had already addressed this above. If you watched the PAX video (do watch it if you haven't), we could see that the ball went to the keeper twice (I think) in slo-mo. The first time was only for fielding the ball and the other one was for a catch. So yes, it doesn't give away anything. Slo-mo doesn't necessarily mean that it is for a catch.

Fissionmailed had already addressed this above. In the PAX video, we could see that the ball went to the keeper twice (I think) in slo-mo. At one time it was only for fielding the ball and the other one was for a catch. So yes, it doesn't give away anything. Slo-mo doesn't necessarily mean that it is catch.

My point is how many times does a wkt keeper "field' a ball? If the catching mechanic pops up it means batsman has edged the ball. I would prefer a mechanism which pops up randomly even for close misses. Thus user wouldn't know the batsman has edged or hit the ball everytime.

If the catching mechanic pops up it means batsman has edged the ball

No, not necessarily. That was exactly what I said in the previous post.

I can only guess that it pops up randomly or at times when the ball went past very close to the bat.

My point is how many times does a wkt keeper "field' a ball? If the catching mechanic pops up it means batsman has edged the ball. I would prefer a mechanism which pops up randomly even for close misses. Thus user wouldn't know the batsman has edged or hit the ball everytime.

Yeah like asprin said, I thought that was a catch when the mechanic popped up. Turns out it wasn't out after all or else he would have appealed cause right next ball he catches and appeals, it's given out. So basically it happens for all close calls I think.

DBC 17 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread