Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

The form of the Aussies won't impact the distribution of the game.

Advertising, prominence, delivery, price, all of these things are up to the wholesaler/distributor.

We are still a *very* niche product, especially without the game having broad licensing.

You may be "niche" but still a wonderful product...

Any word yet on the tennis game you guys are working on????? Can't wait........... :)

Also going by trumpster win there is no such thing as bad publicity evidently, if that 85 A.O is going to get people talking about cricket.

Also from personal experience and view i feel the urge to boot up and play a game of cricket more when the team does badly than say winning.

Actually I am confused on how sliders will work with different conditions/difficulty levels?

For example, the turn we get by a spinner increases as we increase pitch friction/ball friction. But when the ball gets old or the pitch gets worn, the ball should automatically start turning more. But will that change reflect on the sliders?

Suppose for a new ball, I set ball friction to 60, so as the ball gets old, will the ball friction automatically increase to 70, or do I need to take care of it myself?

Similarly for difficulty, if I am playing at pro difficulty and set the foot placement window to a certain level, will it automatically change if I move the difficulty to veteran?

i know i'm going to be called a crusty old dean who isn't down with the kids who only like cricket with coloured clothing, and maybe there is some big ram slamming premier bash around dec 15, but right now you have australia playing south africa and india playing england - i.e. prominent series in the 4 biggest markets. why isn't the game out now? staggering.[DOUBLEPOST=1479030371][/DOUBLEPOST]

Advertising, prominence, delivery, price, all of these things are up to the wholesaler/distributor.

We are still a *very* niche product, especially without the game having broad licensing.

it's such a shame that you seem to be let down by those people.

Wholesaler/distributor as in the publisher? Tru blu Entertainment in this case?

Why do you need the publisher in this case? Experience/ infrastructure/ contacts? Can you not distribute it on your own?

Does the gaming industry work entirely this way for most of the games where publisher and developer/manufacturer are different?

Do they pay you in bulk per license ?

Development and Publishing are absolutely completely different things.

The answer to "Why do you need the publisher" is "We make scalpels, but we can't necessarily operate on people." Amazingly there are lots of developers out there these days who think "Hey, but we'll give it a go!" and then wonder why they aren't saving lives. :)

Even if you understand the basics of the creative elements (Marketing/PR) you are very unlikely to even begin to understand the logistical side (manufacturing/distribution) and the sales side (managing accounts with key retailers etc).

There are examples of developers succeeding "doing it themselves", but usually this is because they hired agencies to do all the bits they can't and, in the end, it would probably have been better to go with a publisher. imo.

I'm guessing the reason people query the process is because most games have a specific release date (that is publicly and widely communicated and known) and are available to be pre-order way before the release date, rather than a few weeks before it as is the case here. Everyone on here knows it's the 15th December, but outside of that no-one else will have a clue. This just shows the huge difference between 'big' mainstream games and 'smaller', niche games.

Loving the sliders. Can someone tell me how they work?

For example, adjusting the "Marker Display Time" didn't seem to do anything. If you adjust it to the right or left, what is supposed to happen?

And with "Difficulty" sliders, does adjusting them to the right make the difficulty greater, or less?

It is my understanding that not all of the sliders work in the beta. Or their effect is very minuscule and hardly noticeable. But it would be good if someone from BigAnt can confirm if this is a known issue @mikeymerren @HBK619

Having been one of the unfortunates who bought NMS I would much rather have a game that has little hype and publicity that actually does what it says than one with masses of publicity that is in fact just half a game.....

Having been one of the unfortunates who bought NMS I would much rather have a game that has little hype and publicity that actually does what it says than one with masses of publicity that is in fact just half a game.....

I think most people would want that Dutch. I think it deserves more as a game to have more public awareness for the product. I tell mates about it and theyve not heard anything about it. With all the features this time round i assumed that a bigger game would mean bigger advertising too. If theres a ramp up in publicity after release like last time hopefully that'll raise awareness then, but why not before? i wasnt expecting a full on striptease but what's wrong with showing a bit o' leg

i know i'm going to be called a crusty old dean who isn't down with the kids who only like cricket with coloured clothing, and maybe there is some big ram slamming premier bash around dec 15, but right now you have australia playing south africa and india playing england - i.e. prominent series in the 4 biggest markets. why isn't the game out now? staggering.

Frankly, I couldn't be happier that the game doesn't come out until after the England-India Test series finishes. Gives me time to watch them without missing out on playing the game, haha!

*sigh* watching Aust struggle against SA in Hobart brings a tear to my eye. Looks like Aust are in need of some strengthening at opener to bat with Warner....c'mon BA, that's my calling right there! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread