Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I still don't get it. In the grand scheme of things a trailer makes little difference to you or I, even if we want Big Ant to succeed (which we certainly all do). Yes, it's a small part of overall promotion, but seems like people are being a little bit snide and saying they only want the trailer for Big Ant's sake, rather than admitting they just want to see a great video of DBC17 - and there's nothing wrong with that! Just seems a little disingenuous to say the sole reason for wanting the trailer is because you want the game to do well.

Why are Big Ant with TruBlu in the first place? I havent been impressed by them at all...

As an example...
If you have $1,000 to spend on advertising and ad spots cost $20 which means you'll have 50 spots available.
Now you could start advertising 4 weeks out which means you'll have not quite 2 spots a day for 28 days. Can you maintain hype for a game for 4 weeks with a couple of spots a day?

I know you were only using them as examples, but I have no clue what type of "ad spot" you think costs $20... :) That wouldn't buy you an ad in a village newsletter.

Ross has said there will be a trailer so I don't see the point in debating whether one is needed over live gameplay etc etc

As soon as it does release, my aim is to post it to friends who are cricket fans (with consoles) and see what they think and if they may consider getting it. Win Win.

I know you were only using them as examples, but I have no clue what type of "ad spot" you think costs $20... :) That wouldn't buy you an ad in a village newsletter.
Wanted: publisher who knows what he is doing. No pets. Must own laptop.

Well, I can say that generally the full price for a single 30 second ad spot on regional and country radio is $30. However, you rarely pay this as it is usually part of a package. So $1,000 for 50 spots is relatively reasonable. You could get it even cheaper sometimes.

Now this is radio, for telly, newspaper, online... I got no clue. :)

I still don't get it. In the grand scheme of things a trailer makes little difference to you or I, even if we want Big Ant to succeed (which we certainly all do). Yes, it's a small part of overall promotion, but seems like people are being a little bit snide and saying they only want the trailer for Big Ant's sake, rather than admitting they just want to see a great video of DBC17 - and there's nothing wrong with that! Just seems a little disingenuous to say the sole reason for wanting the trailer is because you want the game to do well.

no you've decided that people can only want a trailer for one reason, so have decided that even when someone tells you categorically that isn't the case, you think they're being snide or dishonest.

FWIW DBC14 released the trailer before premiere.

Well, I can say that generally the full price for a single 30 second ad spot on regional and country radio is $30. However, you rarely pay this as it is usually part of a package. So $1,000 for 50 spots is relatively reasonable. You could get it even cheaper sometimes.

Now this is radio, for telly, newspaper, online... I got no clue. :)

1) Do you really think radio is an effective advertising medium for Cricket games?

2) You could buy a week long campaign featuring *maybe* your 20 spots for about £500 on a very localised station (1 city). Regional you'd be looking at 5x that at least. For a national campaign, you're talking tens of thousands again.

1) Do you really think radio is an effective advertising medium for Cricket games?

2) You could buy a week long campaign featuring *maybe* your 20 spots for about £500 on a very localised station (1 city). Regional you'd be looking at 5x that at least. For a national campaign, you're talking tens of thousands again.

Well, no obviously... my point was more to point out to those people who were calling out Big Ant/TruBlu as being incompetent for not having a trailer out yet. I was just saying why have a trailer now when your marketing isn't ramping up until closer to the release date.

I was just using a simple to understand example since I got no idea what kind of budget they have. I do know that it is quite small relatively speaking. Maybe my point was too subtle. haha

Or pick a twitter war with KP and Piers Morgan. Maybe have Gif of KP likeness get repeatedly bowled by Cook caught by Prior. For a good measure throw in one that sachin is overrated and smith is better.

Last edited:
Or pick a twitter war with KP and Piers Morgan. Maybe have Gif of KP likeness get repeatedly bowled by Cook caught by Prior. For a good measure throw in one that sachin is overrated and smith is better.

If you use likeness to promote a game without permission you are going to get in a whole world of trouble.

If you want permission to use the likeness of those stars it is going to cost you a hefty sum.

Users who are viewing this thread