Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

If DBC 17 is as buggy as DBC14 you've lost a customer. When the ball goes THROUGH THE BAT! and hits the wickets, or the batsmen take a run that isn't queued up and can't be sent back no matter how many times you press cancel run that's just poos. Either it's laziness or the coders have no clue, DBC14 was a big disappointment, Bradman would never have put his name to it, lucky he's dead and can't tell you himself what a travesty of a cricket game you made.

No idea what game you playing mate but after the patches (I think even before) I haven't experienced that at all....the only realy problem (which was fixed) was the lack of sliding the bat at runout times...

If DBC 17 is as buggy as DBC14 you've lost a customer. When the ball goes THROUGH THE BAT! and hits the wickets, or the batsmen take a run that isn't queued up and can't be sent back no matter how many times you press cancel run that's just poos. Either it's laziness or the coders have no clue, DBC14 was a big disappointment, Bradman would never have put his name to it, lucky he's dead and can't tell you himself what a travesty of a cricket game you made.

Really? Please go here Facebook - Log In or Sign Up

Quick Question: in DBC14 there was a thread on the forum explaining very nicely the download order for all the teams etc before you GET BEST.... will it be similar here? I'm asking because I feel I may be able to contribute to player creation, but only on PS4 (as I have a really old crappy PC so no Academy for me right now!) and I was wondering if one should do GET BEST on day one, see whats missing and create accordingly, or look at a list somewhere here on the forum to see whats needed and create them then do GET BEST a week or 2 later?

Quick Question: in DBC14 there was a thread on the forum explaining very nicely the download order for all the teams etc before you GET BEST.... will it be similar here? I'm asking because I feel I may be able to contribute to player creation, but only on PS4 (as I have a really old crappy PC so no Academy for me right now!) and I was wondering if one should do GET BEST on day one, see whats missing and create accordingly, or look at a list somewhere here on the forum to see whats needed and create them then do GET BEST a week or 2 later?

I won't be using Get Best, I'll be downloading @Llewelynf and @Munkeymomo teams and if there are any gaps, I'll download the rest manually

I'm planning to use 2 profiles for DB17. The first one I will leave all on disk teams as is and then download my teams and stadiums to that. This way I can use the game how the developer made it but use my grounds.
The second I will download the above mentioned creators teams etc.
I think this way I'll get the best of both worlds, without one comprising the other.
I know most will immediately download the best teams off the server, be it individually or get best but I'd like to use the game with default teams and settings to see how far BA have come before my eyes are turned by the fantastic creations on the server or suggested adjustments to gameplay settings are revealed.

Can you update the teams n kits on the fly or do they have to be locked in before you start your career?

I won't be using Get Best, I'll be downloading @Llewelynf and @Munkeymomo teams and if there are any gaps, I'll download the rest manually

On this note, just something I was wondering about how the different creations are linked. For example, created bats are assigned to created players, so if you download the player, you get the bat too, right? So am I right in assuming that if those guys compile the best versions of each player into their teams (I'm guessing that's the plan again?), downloading the teams by themselves would include everything else? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that - anyway, I was wondering about stadiums too. Can they be assigned and included within the team upload, or will they have to be downloaded and assigned manually later on? Or can stadiums be assigned to specific teams when they're made? Haven't looked too much into the stadiums by themselves and wondering how much time it might end up taking if they all have to be downloaded and linked to teams manually afterwards?

I finished my career mode in DBC 14 and realised I never truly exploited the game's fun! Now relaxing and playing exhibition matches! Hope to make better use of DBC 17 :) I loved the alert message I got when I finished the career mode (16-36) didn't make it to the Indian Test Team, now to enjoy my family time instead :D

Starting to feel like these last two weeks are going to start slowing down immensely (sigh) ...:rolleyes

So will there be any more little surprises I wonder? I mean im not expecting *gameplay sliders* levels of blowing minds... But i just wonder...

Feel as if there still might be a few little aces up there sleaves just yet. Anyway have a nice day boys and girls!

On this note, just something I was wondering about how the different creations are linked. For example, created bats are assigned to created players, so if you download the player, you get the bat too, right? So am I right in assuming that if those guys compile the best versions of each player into their teams (I'm guessing that's the plan again?), downloading the teams by themselves would include everything else? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that - anyway, I was wondering about stadiums too. Can they be assigned and included within the team upload, or will they have to be downloaded and assigned manually later on? Or can stadiums be assigned to specific teams when they're made? Haven't looked too much into the stadiums by themselves and wondering how much time it might end up taking if they all have to be downloaded and linked to teams manually afterwards?

Certainly custom stadiums can be assigned to teams prior to sharing and are carried over in the download. It would be my assumption the same goes for bats or any other kind of non standard gear you assign a player in a squad.

Starting to feel like these last two weeks are going to start slowing down immensely (sigh) ...:rolleyes

So will there be any more little surprises I wonder? I mean im not expecting *gameplay sliders* levels of blowing minds... But i just wonder...

Feel as if there still might be a few little aces up there sleaves just yet. Anyway have a nice day boys and girls!
Think about us PC Users a month and two weeks, will literally be an year up (it'll feel like a full year as it'll be 2017 and the console guys will be enjoying it already)

Hi Matt,

Can we have more tools added in Stadium Creator. Press box, different roof types and small buildings, trees and river will be of immense help if added. Can we edit the in game stadium like Delhi and Lahore ?

Hi Matt,

Can we have more tools added in Stadium Creator. Press box, different roof types and small buildings, trees and river will be of immense help if added. Can we edit the in game stadium like Delhi and Lahore ?

Unfortunately it's all done now for this iteration.

For DBC20 I am really hoping for far far more assets, or even better, a custom asset creator so we can create our own pavillions, stands, media boxes ect.

For now try working with multiple pavillions to create more complex buildings and such.

Users who are viewing this thread