Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

In terms of continuing DBC14 careers? No, that won't be possible - the structures are just too different.

I'm sure there'll be enough of an incentive for people to want to start new careers on the new game.

Once I finish writing them...
Awesome! Man! :D

This thread is already a couple of months old and contains as much useful information as an The Voice candidates c.v.......when are things going to get really moving on this? @MattW @HBK619 @BigAntStudios

Agreed, we are nearly into second quarter 2016 and we know nothing of any real substance on DBC16. Is 2016 even a target or have I just made that up in my head?

In terms of continuing DBC14 careers? No, that won't be possible - the structures are just too different.

I'm sure there'll be enough of an incentive for people to want to start new careers on the new game.

Bro i meant that in the next version will we have a player career mode and a manager (coach) career mode ?

Agreed, we are nearly into second quarter 2016 and we know nothing of any real substance on DBC16. Is 2016 even a target or have I just made that up in my head?

Exactly. We are just discussing and giving some (USELESS) ideas {what should be the next commentary script, why are we discussing that ? when we even don't know that some one from bigants or trublu is reading this thread or not !? } to mattW and we still don't know anything about the new features of the next version.

Big ants posted this about the release date almost 2 months before :-

"it is coming "late in Quarter 4", as in towards the end of the year. Development is on schedule."

Exactly. We are just discussing and giving some (USELESS) ideas {what should be the next commentary script, why are we discussing that ? when we even don't know that some one from bigants or trublu is reading this thread or not !? } to mattW and we still don't know anything about the new features of the next version.
Brother! Mattw is from Big ant! So you got your answer! They are checking the thread regularly!

I would really love to play the World Cup every 4 seasons in career mode and t20 World Cup and Asia Cup every 2 seasons in career mode if selected for national team.Just makes you feel like a legend when you win it.

I've been a long time reader of the thread. As far as the next edition is concerned, I think the commentary issues are going to carry on for atleast the next few years. Even the long running wwe game series doesn't get their commentary right. I'm not saying it can't be improved upon. But it's hard to get as we see on tv.

What next edition needs is some tweaks on the gameplay. Guess more than half of game production is completed, this is just a bunch of ideas for the future editions.

Running between the wickets need to be improved. Striker and nonstriker should not run the same line. One of the most irritating in the current edition of the game is the striker and nonstriker phases into each other ghosting through when they run between the wickets.

Improved collision system. If the striker or non striker collide with the bowler something must happen like they falling down or staggering on their path.

Fielding. Most of the throws are lazy. Some of the fielders must have bulletarms that they must be difficult to be taken on, making the running between the wickets risky.
And nearly all the fielders have superhuman agility. Sure fielding has been improved a lot in recent times but seeing nearly all the fielders taking single handed diving catches running backwards is hardly believable. Agility should be seperate character trait which could be adjusted.

Then spin bowling should be made engaging. As of now it's IMPOSSIBLE to bowl a no ball while bowling spin.

Match timings. I know we can adjust the timings. But there must be an option in exhibition/lets play mode. And two set timings for limited overs match in career mode. Day match/ Day night match. It would be great if the commentators mention the difficulty when batting/ fielding under the lights.

Career mode tourney. 50 over nd t20 world cups.

Final ball of the match. The batsman runs as if it's just another run when taking the winning run. And the bowler simply bowls nd walks back as if it's another ball. There must be some emotion with special winning animation.

Ranking system. This must be included in the career mode. As far as the career mode is concerned, the schedule only includes the team and the tournament that you are a part of. If you are an Australian then only the Australian national team's matches will be included. The career mode calendar should be extensive that other national teams' schedule must be added on and the performances should be ranked. This will help in World Cup qualifiers for the lesser ranked teams. And you can reach the #1 in rankings and guide your team as a captain to do the same. This adds further dimension to the career mode.

One more thing I want in the career mode is Age system and generation of generic players. This will make you fight for your spot in the team and it highly unimaginable to see you playing with the same teammates throughout your career for two decades. Eventually the original teammates must retire and newly generated players must replace them.

Last edited:
I would really love to play the World Cup every 4 seasons in career mode and t20 World Cup and Asia Cup every 2 seasons in career mode if selected for national team.Just makes you feel like a legend when you win it.
Just the two world cups are enough. Asia cup is not needed. U would play Asia cup only if u choose one of the Asian teams. Instead there should be World Cup qualifiers. The lesser ranked teams should be able to qualify through these tourneys. Then gamers from those country like Ireland, Scotland, Afghan, Netherlands (if they buy the game) would have a game worth their money.

Just the two world cups are enough. Asia cup is not needed. U would play Asia cup only if u choose one of the Asian teams. Instead there should be World Cup qualifiers. The lesser ranked teams should be able to qualify through these tourneys. Then gamers from those country like Ireland, Scotland, Afghan, Netherlands (if they buy the game) would have a game worth their money.
That's a great idea lets hope they add it

I've been a long time reader of the thread. As far as the next edition is concerned, I think the commentary issues are going to carry on for atleast the next few years. Even the long running wwe game series doesn't get their commentary right. I'm not saying it can't be improved upon. But it's hard to get as we see on tv.

What next edition needs is some tweaks on the gameplay. Guess more than half of game production is completed, this is just a bunch of ideas for the future editions.

Running between the wickets need to be improved. Striker and nonstriker should not run the same line. One of the most irritating in the current edition of the game is the striker and nonstriker phases into each other ghosting through when they run between the wickets.

Improved collision system. If the striker or non striker collide with the bowler something must happen like they falling down or staggering on their path.

Fielding. Most of the throws are lazy. Some of the fielders must have bulletarms that they must be difficult to be taken on, making the running between the wickets risky.
And nearly all the fielders have superhuman agility. Sure fielding has been improved a lot in recent times but seeing nearly all the fielders taking single handed diving catches running backwards is hardly believable. Agility should be seperate character trait which could be adjusted.

Then spin bowling should be made engaging. As of now it's IMPOSSIBLE to bowl a no ball while bowling spin.

Match timings. I know we can adjust the timings. But there must be an option in exhibition/lets play mode. And two set timings for limited overs match in career mode. Day match/ Day night match. It would be great if the commentators mention the difficulty when batting/ fielding under the lights.

Career mode tourney. 50 over nd t20 world cups.

Final ball of the match. The batsman runs as if it's just another run when taking the winning run. And the bowler simply bowls nd walks back as if it's another ball. There must be some emotion with special winning animation.

Ranking system. This must be included in the career mode. As far as the career mode is concerned, the schedule only includes the team and the tournament that you are a part of. If you are an Australian then only the Australian national team's matches will be included. The career mode calendar should be extensive that other national teams' schedule must be added on and the performances should be ranked. This will help in World Cup qualifiers for the lesser ranked teams. And you can reach the #1 in rankings and guide your team as a captain to do the same. This adds further dimension to the career mode.

One more thing I want in the career mode is Age system and generation of generic players. This will make you fight for your spot in the team and it highly unimaginable to see you playing with the same teammates throughout your career for two decades. Eventually the original teammates must retire and newly generated players must replace them.

Ranking system is something I would like to see aswell on career. It will add a new verity and spice things up a little bit. I feel management game such us international cricket captain and cricket coach has near perfect ranking system so big ant certainly can borrow their ideas into dbc.

Are we there yet?

And yes if X team is just about to win and taking 5-6 runs is just a formality then the players of team y should be less encouraged and should miss catches and run out opportunities.

Well in career mode can we have an option to select the way the other batsman will play (like when the over ends then the other batsman may come near to me and I may set that the other batsman is going to take risk in this over or not.)

What do you think about it @MattW ?

I think things.

If I'm in a position to confirm or deny a feature, I'll post - no need to tag me.

Users who are viewing this thread