Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Best commentary line "This guy gets it"
"The early September weather is amazing for cricket"

But seriously something like "The 50 today is his birthday gift"
"Back to back brilliant performance"
"How the hell is he in such a poor form"

I would love a game to begin with an indepth and actual pitch report giving hints and prods as to what to do; risks and rewards....that is one aspect that really needs to be deepend; telling the player what the risks and rewards are in a given situation; lots of graphs and graphics telling us about the current match and its context in the wider scheme of things.....[DOUBLEPOST=1458216907][/DOUBLEPOST]
Brilliant @Dutch: I hope @MattW is listening to you me & nobody else
Matt is my secret lover so if he wants the sugar to keep flowing.....

I can only imagine how even greater these ideas will be if Big Ant somehow manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat and get professional commentators on board.

But then you get into a debate of which professionals to use Mark Nicholas is irritating and most of the sky team are come to think about it I only like Bumble and Botham. Bumble adds life to any game and Botham is just plain this is me sort of attitude.

I think it was International Cricket 10 that had Shane Warne on the game and he just kept repeating this story he would tell to the point where it put you off the game itself.

Say there was an option where you have 1 English com, 1 Aussie, 1 Indian and so on maybe about five all together of different nations and you can choose which team you want to comment on the match you play.

Each commentator has two moods or personalities you can pick upbeat English commentator for your T20 or dull English elbow patches commentator for let’s say analyse this shot over and over because it stirred an emotion in me that did use to be alive for the more serious crowd who like that sort of thing, me personally I would like to hear upbeat and entertaining that leaves you wanting to play the next match already…

I can only imagine how even greater these ideas will be if Big Ant somehow manage to pull the rabbit out of the hat and get professional commentators on board.

Budget on real commentators = few stilted voices = boring commentary.

They should hire real voice actors & create their own characters / presentation team.

3 or 4 voices per main country, mix & match relevant to opponent. Each with different personality.

Variety variety variety

Hey we can also have commentary in which commentators talk about their old experience just like if any team scored 120-130 runs then it can be like "this score appears to be easy but we should not forget that once 'x' team failed in chasing 'y' runs against 'z' team"

And also we had some special commentary in ashes 2009 in which the commentators asked that " who is the best world xi according to you" then the other said that "thats a tough one to answer" and then give his answer ( this made commentary some how realistic)

We also had some tips in ashes cricket 2009 for the captain just like "X player should not bowl this length to this batsman" or "thats a better line and length" or "this batsman finds difficulty in playing pull shots and often gets catch out".

We also had some tips in ashes cricket 2009 for the captain just like "X player should not bowl this length to this batsman" or "thats a better line and length" or "this batsman finds difficulty in playing pull shots and often gets catch out".

This bit should 100% be in there, when a human player is bowling

And also we had some special commentary in ashes 2009 in which the commentators asked that " who is the best world xi according to you" then the other said that "thats a tough one to answer" and then give his answer ( this made commentary some how realistic)

There is no who is the best for me it’s a question that leads to the obvious and will likely involve runs scored or wickets taken. Most people well who is in the top two well I will pick one of them.

An Indian might say Sachin an Aussie might say Ponting it is usually a conversation that will last all of 30 seconds.
Then it's an world XI that is so strong but then becomes unrealistic at the same time because of time lines and who would they play against? The 2nd best XI...

I would love a game to begin with an indepth and actual pitch report giving hints and prods as to what to do; risks and rewards....that is one aspect that really needs to be deepend; telling the player what the risks and rewards are in a given situation; lots of graphs.....

This I like, but if the commentary is going to give you information or advice on the pitch/weather we should be able to pick or change our team after the pitch report.

There is no who is the best for me it’s a question that leads to the obvious and will likely involve runs scored or wickets taken. Most people well who is in the top two well I will pick one of them.

An Indian might say Sachin an Aussie might say Ponting it is usually a conversation that will last all of 30 seconds.
Then it's an world XI that is so strong but then becomes unrealistic at the same time because of time lines and who would they play against? The 2nd best XI...
After three times you get sick of it: commentary needs to describe what is going on and why......

True.

I did find this video it might be a members video or been shared before I don’t know. There are only a few lines but done quite well maybe something like this where it describes the action? It is typical Boycott mind not suggesting he should be in the next game.

I'll pickle my walnuts

This guy gets it.

For the commentary to be immersive it has to reflect the current match situation.

Agreed. It's 70% less what they're saying and 100% what they're saying in the context of the match situation. ...if the commentary is reflective of what is going on and offers the player advice or a summary of what is happening then they can be saying it 1000 times and it's still relevant. It's less about reflecting on a boundary being hit [cite; Carpark] and letting the player know they need to start hitting boundaries because the required run-rate is getting higher...

Brilliant @Dutch: I hope @MattW is listening to you me & nobody else

...you forgot me, again. I'll hold it against you.

The instant replays should have commentary.

I'll do you one further: The commentators should make mistakes. Eg:

[Live shot, ball hits pad]

Commentary: That looks out to me, umpire says not out... will the captain use their review Dave?

[Player reviews]

Commentary: Yes, as expected... great use of the review here...

[Hawkeye shows ball missing stumps]

Commentary: Well, looks like Biggs has made a great on-field call... that's top umpiring, we all thought it was out up here!

Blazè example, but you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread