Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Khawaja's just been done big time by the umpire. Ball strikes the pad and floats up to Broad at 2nd slip and it's ruled a catch! It's nowhere near the bat.
Standard English cheating.

Crashed on me four times tonight. I've had enough. I didn't pay top dollar for this shit.

Going back to DBC14 until this is sorted. I'm sorry, but this game is unplayable until they pull their finger out and produce a finished game.

We had to wait a month for DBC ON ps3 to get patched and the Ps4 version was an up scale and fully patched up.
Dbc 17 looks a fresh build , so its starting a fresh on ps4,
Some of us planet-cricket regulars was hoping for a ready to go game this time, the ideas and changes are all good intention, they have taken cricket games to a level which will not be matched by any other company's.
I will put this game away till its had couple of patches to sort out the issues we have (mainly batting and arcade feel please)
Its very disappointing to see so many Toys being thrown out the prams over a game, its about being patient and give Ross and big ant a chance to sort it out .
cheers to all cricket fans out there.

On behalf of people
Well I must say that I am very impressed with the revolution you guys have brought in the world of cricket game. I must say that I was very excited for the launch of the new game "don bradman cricket 17". I ordered a physical copy online and I also bought a digital copy from psn USA and I own in and I have played it myself, I repeat that I have purchased and played it myself.

I have a few questions for you. Again, I am not targeting anyone of you as I have full faith in your abilities and I strong believe that you guys have done an amazing job so far and you will continue to do so in future

1. The very first thing I did (or anyone would do) when they get the game is to "replace for the best team" and that was an error to begin with. Imagine someone paying good money for a game and first thing they deal with is a bug itself? How and what would you feel? How can you guys be so careless or ignorant? Explain

2. The commentary in this game is the worst you'll see in any sports game. How did you guys even come up with the idea of adding this sort of commentary in the game? Don't tell me that you guys didn't notice that the commentary in this game actually made it look even worse. If you didn't then I'm sorry to say but you need to hire a new team. Majority didn't like your commentary and I mean it. The timing of commentary is very bad. They say different things at different times. I mean it's a a big chaos and it's very very annoying and depressing to see that you and your team even allowed this to be a part of such an amazing game or atleast an amazing effort. People are replacing the commentary with crowd sounds and all, please work on it and release a new commentary patch in future. You have to!!

3. Major bugs in the game.
A) Batsmen taking a stance all the way at popping crease of the bowler
B) Umpire giving the batsmen out even when he's been caught by a fielder who's way inside the boundary line
C) Game crashing most of the time while playing custom tournaments
D) Random game crashes out of nowhere. I mean in my first hour of gameplay, my game crashed for about 2-3 times and this is totally unacceptable for any game

All this didn't happen once but a lot of times. I understand there is a patch fix coming for that but most of this shouldn't be happening on the first place. Regardless of the fact that your game was released a week before the actual date, this can't be happening. Please elaborate why?

Forget about all the small bugs. You guys deserve the benefit of doubt as there is no such thing as a perfect game.

I would also like to make a suggestion if that helps. This game could easily become one of the best cricket games if you guys put some more time on it and work on more patches in future before even thinking about a third edition of "DBC". So you guys need to release few patches before we all move on and you have to makeup for the terrible experience everyone is going through. Just like you guys, we all have invested our time and effort in this game as well.

Again I am not trying to bring anyone down. Me and a lot others do have a lot of expectations from you and your team. It's not a personal attack on anyone but I am just trying to be more logical as to why these things shouldn't happen. Again, my apologies of anyone's sentiments got hurt as I might sound frustrating (the game made me so)

On behalf of people
Well I must say that I am very impressed with the revolution you guys have brought in the world of cricket game. I must say that I was very excited for the launch of the new game "don bradman cricket 17". I ordered a physical copy online and I also bought a digital copy from psn USA and I own in and I have played it myself, I repeat that I have purchased and played it myself.

I have a few questions for you. Again, I am not targeting anyone of you as I have full faith in your abilities and I strong believe that you guys have done an amazing job so far and you will continue to do so in future

1. The very first thing I did (or anyone would do) when they get the game is to "replace for the best team" and that was an error to begin with. Imagine someone paying good money for a game and first thing they deal with is a bug itself? How and what would you feel? How can you guys be so careless or ignorant? Explain

2. The commentary in this game is the worst you'll see in any sports game. How did you guys even come up with the idea of adding this sort of commentary in the game? Don't tell me that you guys didn't notice that the commentary in this game actually made it look even worse. If you didn't then I'm sorry to say but you need to hire a new team. Majority didn't like your commentary and I mean it. The timing of commentary is very bad. They say different things at different times. I mean it's a a big chaos and it's very very annoying and depressing to see that you and your team even allowed this to be a part of such an amazing game or atleast an amazing effort. People are replacing the commentary with crowd sounds and all, please work on it and release a new commentary patch in future. You have to!!

B) Umpire giving the batsmen out even when he's been caught by a fielder who's way inside the boundary line
D) Random game crashes out of nowhere. I mean in my first hour of gameplay, my game crashed for about 2-3 times and this is totally unacceptable for any game

All this didn't happen once but a lot of times. I understand there is a patch fix coming for that but most of this shouldn't be happening on the first place. Regardless of the fact that your game was released a week before the actual date, this can't be happening. Please elaborate why?

Forget about all the small bugs. You guys deserve the benefit of doubt as there is no such thing as a perfect game.

I would also like to make a suggestion if that helps. This game could easily become one of the best cricket games if you guys put some more time on it and work on more patches in future before even thinking about a third edition of "DBC". So you guys need to release few patches before we all move on and you have to makeup for the terrible experience everyone is going through. Just like you guys, we all have invested our time and effort in this game as well.

Again I am not trying to bring anyone down. Me and a lot others do have a lot of expectations from you and your team. It's not a personal attack on anyone but I am just trying to be more logical as to why these things shouldn't happen. Again, my apologies of anyone's sentiments got hurt as I might sound frustrating (the game made me so)
One posting of this is more than enough: why post the same thing in different threads?...and who are these People you are speaking on behalf of......fudge me.....its not the feckin united nations in here.......after pointing out you are not having a go at anyone you proceed to slander everything and anyone who has anything to do with BA......I cant take that seriously....

Last edited by a moderator:
They could do an EA or another big company and do feck all .
why do people write in this way over a cricket game, play another game till its patched please.
:cheers
For a scouser you talk a lot of sense mate! :p

Hello Everyone,

I got the DBC 17 yesterday and I must say that I loved it so far :). my problem with DBC 14 was that I prefer to play with the far bowling view for batting and I invert the controller while playing. The problem was that I didn't have time to pick the line and length in DBC 14(it was too quick). Seems DBC 17 has rectified that problem and it is very nice and intuitive now. How ever the bowling takes some figuring out.

Hello Everyone,

I got the DBC 17 yesterday and I must say that I loved it so far :). my problem with DBC 14 was that I prefer to play with the far bowling view for batting and I invert the controller while playing. The problem was that I didn't have time to pick the line and length in DBC 14(it was too quick). Seems DBC 17 has rectified that problem and it is very nice and intuitive now. How ever the bowling takes some figuring out.
Are you still upset with Dada? jk, have fun with the game. The bowling is especially enjoyable once your figure it out.

They could do an EA or another big company and do feck all .
why do people write in this way over a cricket game, play another game till its patched please.
:cheers

Because I've paid £45 for it? I know it's industry standard to release unfinished games (Did anyone play Mafia 3 at 30FPS?) and then patch it up when the community cottons on, then take the plaudits of listening to the community, but they had the good game to start with which makes this inexplicable.

I'd be happier if they said give us £20 for a DBC14 DLC to be honest.

Don't mean to come off as entitled and such but I can't pay them my money in installments as and when they get things right can I? And yes I can take it back to the store, but where are our expectations when that's the best you've got to hope for.

I think they shot themselves in the foot a bit by making such a good game the first time around to be honest.

On behalf of people

Mate!! It's not my problem what you can take of what you can't take. I was frustrated and I just mentioned why!!!! It's not just me but a lot others who had same problem.

As far as you are concerned, don't read it or don't comment on it. No one asked you to comment. Keep it simple :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482262034][/DOUBLEPOST]Or*

Users who are viewing this thread