Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Also, I know I'm repeating myself here, but people talking about 'rushed release,' and all that, the game shouldn't have been released for another couple of damned days.

Can someone confirm that England are incapable of batting for more than a few overs without losing a wicket on the new game? I don't want to play something unrealistic...

Also, I know I'm repeating myself here, but people talking about 'rushed release,' and all that, the game shouldn't have been released for another couple of damned days.
I don't understand this. Are you being sarcastic? By the time the game was in stores, it was already too late. If a couple of days were the difference, they'd have a patch by now, however here we all are, waiting.

I don't understand this. Are you being sarcastic? By the time the game was in stores, it was already too late. If a couple of days were the difference, they'd have a patch by now, however here we all are, waiting.

Sarcastic? No. The release date was the 22/23 December. If a couple of days were the difference, they'd have pushed release back...which they did.

I so wish I could find the video of the fielder running forever chasing a ball across the field, out of the stadium, into the sunset, for all eternity... That was the greatest moment from Ashes 13.

Agreed

I thought that was what you had posted

@BigAntStudios @MattW
Anyone know if there is a way to not have a player(s) play international cricket in career for example can I turn off Mitchell Johnsons international selection for Australia? As much as I'd love it to be true, He and Shaun Tait making Aus test sides in career

Hi.

Playing the career mode and downloaded teams from the academy, which worked fine. I then linked those teams with downloaded stadiums and now the game crashes whenever I attempt to play as either my player or team in the career mode, and I can only play in the matches which have non downloaded stadiums. Anyone know how to fix? I removed the downloaded stadiums in the manage teams option but they still seem to be saved to the teams in then career.

Any help appreciated!

The game is months off mate. Not days

How on earth do you know that? From my admittedly limited IT experience via project management at my previous employer, it could just as easily be 1 or 2 small lines of code that are having a whole bunch of odd knock on effects. A tweak (or even a fearsome tweak) could be enough to fix a lot of the issues. That's the problem with things like this, one rogue piece of code can do all sorts of unexpected damage.

The animations, yeh they could use work, but realistically they're cosmetic rather than game breaking.

I'm pretty sure they know what's going on had a deadline for Xmas. Bunged it out with the bare minimum to start career mode (the heart of the franchise) and then patch it up based on feedback. The academy issue was the surprise and a fix has been submitted so after that, which is now for them, it's time to soak up the feedback and get stuck into the batting, stats and fielding
This is exactly what has happened.

Despite my harsh views on the game and the many problems in it I just had the most enjoyable bowling experience I've ever had in any cricket game. An array of dismissals that all were planned and a result of good bowling. Set Dawson up with a top spinner and Stokes didn't pick the googly first up as well as Steyn bombing out Anderson. If the batting was more realistic and the fielding was miles better (players randomly stop running to the ball and sometimes don't chase) it would be the perfect bowling game. The animations are god awful but hopefully with the sales money Big Ant can add some higher quality animations...
IMG_4172.JPG

Khawaja's just been done big time by the umpire. Ball strikes the pad and floats up to Broad at 2nd slip and it's ruled a catch! It's nowhere near the bat.

Khawaja's just been done big time by the umpire. Ball strikes the pad and floats up to Broad at 2nd slip and it's ruled a catch! It's nowhere near the bat.

Someone showed me a screenshot in the early days of DBC 14 where they hit a clean drive off the middle of the bat and they were given out LBW, haha!

Can someone confirm that England are incapable of batting for more than a few overs without losing a wicket on the new game? I don't want to play something unrealistic...

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread