Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Hi i dont know whether anyone raise below observation already or not i.e career player skill improvement in dbc17.

I am sorry to say its really boring atleast after giving great career player skill improvement in dbc14. I dont know what think tank of dbc17 point of view behind dbc17 career player skill improvement, let me give you on practical basis even if my player keep doing low score or 0 even in that what sort of skills my player improving in it or if my bowler conceeding 10rpo even then which of my skill improved as in current whether you play poor or good you get 3k approx sp and you can easily improve your skills.

Let me rephrase dbc14 career player skill system that if you perform good on any departement only in that case you get 1 skill point particular to that domain.

Dont you think its more good skill improvement system than current boring as you play 15 match doing under 10 score and your player easily reach to 50 level.

So far i played club cricket in dbc17 career and till that you player skills depend on number of matches you play instead of your player performance. I hope in later stage skill improved based on your performance e.g you play 4 runs on onside and get 1 point increased on onside domain like in dbc14

I highly appreciate BA for their great work in dbc17 but please you tell which system sound more real or intersting.

1. Dbc17 just play matches irrespective of perfomance and you get sp everytime and you can increase level very very easily

2. Dbc14 you perform to particular domain and then you skill increased in that domain only

Now it looks in dbc17 we lost great features which BA gave us in dbc14 unfortunately. Atleast on cost of tatto creation or female player introduction, if those feature (career player skill improvement and detail stats) remain as it is as it was in dbc14 then it was great great game.

I request please if you think for dbc19 please bring back atleast these great features which were in dbc14. For your kind consideration in any future cricket games @MattW @BigAntStudios

SUGGESTION:
I think in order to make it intelligent, "your SP must depends on your game perfomance so that if you make 100 you get 100% SP and if perform very poor then you get just 15% SP". Believe me this will make career game more interesting.

Big thanks big ant as atleast we have cricket game.

Last edited:
I like it how it is now, it feels like you are on a salary like you would be playing cricket for a living, getting payed less for club cricket and getting payed more as you climb the ranks. As this is happening the cost to improve skills increases the better you get, so you have to perform each game to get selected for better competitions.

In DBC 14 you play a few seasons and you have max skills, just by playing shots. In 17 I feel like it will be a while before I become one of the highest skilled players in the game.

Last edited:
Dear friend if you keep doing low score or zero what sort of skill you improved in that?

And in dbc17 your skills improved on cost of salary :D instead of performance.

Also in dbc17 my player level reach to 45 just after one club season with batting avg of 25.

In reality player skills improve on salary or performance?

Last edited:
I think in fifa or pes that improved via performance instead of salary :)

Yes you can say in dbc17.

I'm not following...

Anyway, you're only rated 45 and skill increases will start slowing down dramatically, still in club level after a year so whats that not even 20 games in? I'd give it at least a few more months of playing the game before deciding which one is better.

In reality player skills improve on salary or performance?

It's unclear actually. It's an interesting philosophical question though. Do good performances improve a player, or does a player who has otherwise improved perform better? I'd say that the number of players who've played one good season, or a handful of good Tests, then disappeared, would suggest that ability and improvement is probably not all that related to playing well. Everyone will have their own opinions on that though, it is something that is hard to test or demonstrate either way.

DLIKHJm.jpg
ftQNemE.jpg
uY7APyG.jpg

That's just not fair.

But how one can improve/enhance skills just on salary without performing? Unless and you dont perform or play something how can you increase your skills or abilities.

Let this apply on current recent 300 by nair, after 300 anyone can say he has improved his xyz shot or domain or learn a lot while staying on ground than if he got out on 0, takes his match salary and says yes i improved my ability to play e.g leg glance too much

Similary in all world best game as far i know player skill improves when you perform like a goal or dodge or well timed shots etc and salary is something which you spend on other things. even in dbc14 unless you dont play good timed shots on onside your onside skill does not enhance.

I cannot justify myself as my career player got out on 2 ducks and still after the match i upgraded my skills level with full sp as similar to when i made a 50.

I think in order to make it intelligent, "your SP must depends on your game perfomance so that if you make 100 you get 100% SP and if perform very poor then you get just 15% SP". Believe me this will make your career game more interesting.

But how one can improve/enhance skills just on salary without performing? Unless and you dont perform or play something how can you increase your skills or abilities.

Let this apply on current recent 300 by nair, after 300 anyone can say he has improved his xyz shot or domain or learn a lot while staying on ground than if he got out on 0, takes his match salary and says yes i improved my ability to play e.g leg glance too much

Similary in all world best game as far i know player skill improves when you perform like a goal or dodge or well timed shots etc and salary is something which you spend on other things. even in dbc14 unless you dont play good timed shots on onside your onside skill does not enhance.

I cannot justify myself as my career player got out on 2 ducks and still after the match i upgraded my skills level with full sp as similar to when i made a 50.

I think in order to make it intelligent, "your SP must depends on your game perfomance so that if you make 100 you get 100% SP and if perform veru then you get just 15% SP". Believe me this will make your career game more interesting.

I like that -- u must reward a good performance yes, you are buying a skill and not earning one ;)

I think I have found a temporary fix to the crashing on competition issue. I have not deleted any game data as I have spent so much time putting together a lot of the real teams and editing most of them to my liking.

I have created a 8 team T20 league in match designer which is equivalent to Big Bash. After that I just removed the original team logos and replaced them with the Big Ant ones and started the competition. This method will work for any kind of competition you create in the match designer. So far it hasn't crashed for once ;)

Fingers crossed we will get a permanent fix to this issue in the next patch.

I am getting used to bowling but I still suck at spinning the ball. If I want make the spinning easier, do I take the slider to 100 or 0?

Am I the only one who liked some of the generic team logos better than the real ones?

Users who are viewing this thread