Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

They havent emailed you over new years holidays? are you kidding me? they are allowed a weekend break no?

and if you bothered to take the trime to read this forum properly, you would see this is by now a known bug, which will be fixed....***not impressed**
Firstly, no need to take that tone. It shows a lack of civility. Second, you're making a few assumptions about when I emailed them and how much research I've done. Until I hear from the people who made the game I can't be sure about whether something is a known bug or whether its an issue that's specific to me.

In any case, please try to tone down the passive aggression as that is counterproductive in forums like these, but thank you kindly for your response. Hopefully this can be rectified sooner rather than later.

I played a match online where my opponent moved forward 2 to 3 feet and I can't bowl a single delivery past him. I placed the R-stick all over but there is only a slight variation in the line.

Any tips would be helpful, if this is dbc14 I don't need more than a ball to get him out stumped.

Edit: Forgot to mention this is only with spin bowlers, no problem with the fast bowlers

Last edited:
In the career mode I have faced an issue where at times the ball travels in a direction where it wasn't intended to be hit. This happens when you are playing on the leg and the batsman ends up cutting the ball. This seems to be a bug of sorts.
Also, another minor issue is that at the end of an over the graphic showing runs scores of each ball does not record the run scored off the last delivery of the over. This I hope can be rectified.

Finally, is anyone facing problems playing anything convincingly on the offside. Even a drive gets transformed into a cut and it is virtually impossible to score on the off side to a spinner. An off drive very often leads to an edge and dismissal.

Anyone else facing similar batting woes?

Firstly, no need to take that tone. It shows a lack of civility. Second, you're making a few assumptions about when I emailed them and how much research I've done. Until I hear from the people who made the game I can't be sure about whether something is a known bug or whether its an issue that's specific to me.

In any case, please try to tone down the passive aggression as that is counterproductive in forums like these, but thank you kindly for your response. Hopefully this can be rectified sooner rather than later.

if you spent more than 20 minutes reading this forum you would have seen this particular bug has been reported numerous times (hence me who spends hours on here reading everything...is getting a little irritated reading the same things over and over when a little bit of reading can answer your question...)

***arghh nevermind*** waste of breath

Hi guys,

New here but been playing dbc since 14!

Not here for any negatives I love the new game!!

One question I have, I'm playing as captain for Yorkshire in all formats and been picked for all other competitions. Only thing I've noticed on the selection status is that there's nothing mentioning international selection?

Anyone able to help not sure if I'm doing something wrong but no I tenational selection mentioned at all!

Thanks!

Why is it that I get the message "the academy service is not available" when trying to download teams but can download single players fine?

On the Xbox controller it is on the square lower left thumbpad and you press up. You have to appeal to get an lbw or some caught behinds

I took a caught behind yesterday just as my wife asked me a question and I almost forgot to appeal! Really funny replay you see the keeper take it and just stand there, then suddenly the keeper and slips start jumping up...

Hi guys,

New here but been playing dbc since 14!

Not here for any negatives I love the new game!!

One question I have, I'm playing as captain for Yorkshire in all formats and been picked for all other competitions. Only thing I've noticed on the selection status is that there's nothing mentioning international selection?

Anyone able to help not sure if I'm doing something wrong but no I tenational selection mentioned at all!

Thanks!
On the selection status screen scroll up and down, I was also missing alot because the list was so long....

On the selection status screen scroll up and down, I was also missing alot because the list was so long....
Thanks mate I will definitely have to give it a try tonight! I feel my form deserves international recognition haha!

DBC 17 is currently not working for broadcasting twitch streams on xbox. Does anyone know what the problem is here?

You can in fact agitate the umpire by over appealing and have them not giving batsmen out when they actually are out. In other words you lose your credibility through over appealing. This feature has been there since DBC 14.
Never knew this just learnt something new thanks.

if you spent more than 20 minutes reading this forum you would have seen this particular bug has been reported numerous times (hence me who spends hours on here reading everything...is getting a little irritated reading the same things over and over when a little bit of reading can answer your question...)

***arghh nevermind*** waste of breath
Not everyone has twenty mins to search so, if I have a question will you rake through the threads for me? Sounds like you have the time (Lol). Let's be positive with our cricketing brothers no matter how annoying they seem to be.

I think he's had too much coffee take heart and chill.[DOUBLEPOST=1483452734][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to get around the duplicated player issue in career mode. I've tried everything and it seems to be an issue that persists nonetheless. This is really making the game unplayable for me as career mode is my favourite feature. I emailed Big Ant Studios but they haven't responded. Not impressed.
I see, I have read this is a bug and currently being worked on, someone step in if this wrong (be nice).

This is why bigant have respect of the more vintage members of PC.org They truly earned our admiration. A little stumble here and there won't discredit them among old timers here.
You're not that old just wise, thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread