Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I agree there should be different animations with delivery. Whether or not they could give you an idea of swing or spin could maybe be difficult with the size of the bowlers hand even from the batting close cam.
That said however, I'm sure it would be possible to show different arm angles or release points. Maybe that could help?
It probably would be most helpful when used with all HUD off as with it on the circles give you the info the same time the ball releases, and probably focuses your eyes on the circle rather than the hand/arm.

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree there should be different animations with delivery. Whether or not they could give you an idea of swing or spin could maybe be difficult with the size of the bowlers hand even from the batting close cam.
That said however, I'm sure it would be possible to show different arm angles or release points. Maybe that could help?
It probably would be most helpful when used with all HUD off as with it on the circles give you the info the same time the ball releases, and probably focuses your eyes on the circle rather than the hand/arm.
Mentioned this thing before in features thread. But most probably it won't be possible in this iteration. But may be in future. But obviously this would be helpful for us if we could read the ball before playing with or against the turn watching the bowling animation / finger movement etc.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really hope we can edit existing stadiums or at least create new ones using existing features, the new MA Noble/Bradman stand at the SCG is just so god awful ugly as is the new Adelaide Oval stands, yuck.

I mean IRL they're ugly, BigAnt did a great job replicating them

After batting for a little bit I've hit drives down the ground but not in the same places as you do in DB 14, one just went past the stump, one just off the pitch, some go a bit wider, some go towards midwicket. It's really great variety I like it. Is there a way to turn off the ball colour indicator?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I really hope we can edit existing stadiums or at least create new ones using existing features, the new MA Noble/Bradman stand at the SCG is just so god awful ugly as is the new Adelaide Oval stands, yuck.

This will probably depend on the licensing. We only know about the SCG so far, but certain stadia are *incredibly* picky about their representation, and would probably not like you messing with it.
Not that I could see an issue in allowing people to duplicate a licensed stadium, and then be able to edit their own "unlicensed" version: that could be the way around it maybe.

blackcapsfan

Club Captain
I wonder how the backdrop will work in the Stadium Creator? Would love to create this stadium:
ce9f380c7dcb4feeac8da09acc2c435e.JPG

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we have a sticky thread dedicated just to Stadium Editor?

I cant seem to find any Youtube videos or discussion threads here bout this immense feature!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can we have a sticky thread dedicated just to Stadium Editor?

I cant seem to find any Youtube videos or discussion threads here bout this immense feature!
When it gets released we will have it...As of now its the eagerness..

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That ground looks fantastic. I was a fan of the 2 grounds in db14 that had mountains. West oval and Durban fields I think. Watching cricket on tv over the years I've always liked the SA and NZ grounds the most. People sitting on the grass and stunning vistas seem such a better place to play than 80000 seater stadiums and would be a great feature to have more of these sort of grounds. Arundel in England is very nice too.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is. There's an airport right next door where massive planes take off and land during games. It's incredible.

Like a lot of Aussies, been there for the snow - one of the scariest airports to ever land at, the descent is not your regular angle of approach.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
that is beautiful. I still prefer the bradman oval or whatever its called (DB14 practice pitch)...that's my fav - white picket fences, trees, not a lot of noise, etc. That's where I'm hoping we play most of the grade cricket matches in the SP career mode. Nothing like scoring a boundary and hearing 4 people clap! lol.

D

Dutch

Like a lot of Aussies, been there for the snow - one of the scariest airports to ever land at, the descent is not your regular angle of approach.
The descent into Queenstown is indeed legendary: on a flight there in a B1900 from Wellington I was on, the pilot warned us about the steep landing with the joky comment that we might want to keep a sick bag and adequate supplies of toilet paper witin arms reach....

Users who are viewing this thread