Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Mixed gender team lineups or Men-team vs Women-team can be a fun option for online matches. Just my opinion.

And @funnyadit that bowling hud idea is a great one. I would really like anything that would allow me to read the game better. Quick Access infos can do it.

The descent into Queenstown is indeed legendary

Try taking a Hellicopter in from Cadrona, lived there for 4 years ...used to do staff functions and one we blagged our way onto a flight from Wanaka and back on a Hellicopter, crashing a function at AJ Hackett Bungy!

Will stadiums made in stadium creator be able to assign a crowd noise depending on where it is set in the world?

Eg if your playing in India then the crowd would be going beserk, West Indies you get drums and trumpets and in England you get the polite clap! If my memory serves me correctly Shane Warne Cricket 99 had a similar feature.

i am using virtual joypad (android )for games ,as its difficult to use physical joypad due to disability .it was working well in dbc14 and in rest of games but in dbc 17 the right stick is not working .i tried changing controls in x360ce emulator but emulator is not detected in game,it was detected in dbc 14.tried configuring joypad within the big picture mode option in steam.i configured all keys to my liking in contrroller configuration and all the keys work well within big picture mode but when i start the game there is no change within game.

is editing controller keys within the big picture mode working in game for anyone ?

can someone suggest how to solve it?

thnx in advance.

Last edited:
Will stadiums made in stadium creator be able to assign a crowd noise depending on where it is set in the world?

Eg if your playing in India then the crowd would be going beserk, West Indies you get drums and trumpets and in England you get the polite clap! If my memory serves me correctly Shane Warne Cricket 99 had a similar feature.

If I remember correctly, the crowd was also 'aware' of the home team. The cheers would be louder when their team was performing well and vice-versa. That game was a gem. If you stay idle for a couple of minutes in a match, the commentators would start discussing about random things.

The other games never really took this aspect seriously. I think it is the crowd that creates the atmosphere and gets the player pumped. That is the difference between watching a game at Old Trafford and Etihad Stadium.

I loved the ground announcer and how the crowd gets excited when a bowler is on a hat trick in DBC14. In my humble opinion, the commentary in DBC14 was one of it's weak points. I always mute the commentary and crank up the crowd noise. Would love to hear about the changes BA has made with respect to this aspect.

Has anyone been able to produce a flinch while batting (by getting hit)? Will be interesting to see if it's in the game/not-a-demo-demo

Has anyone been able to produce a flinch while batting (by getting hit)? Will be interesting to see if it's in the game/not-a-demo-demo

Don't think it will be in the Academy though as Ross mentioned that the only thing they are focusing on in the demo is the controls, rest everything (ball physics etc.) is not a reflection of the final game.

Does anyone know if ad-board logos will be stadium specific? For example could we put like Waitrose logos in UK, Castle in SA, KFC in Aus etc...

Does anyone know if ad-board logos will be stadium specific? For example could we put like Waitrose logos in UK, Castle in SA, KFC in Aus etc...
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it's a good suggestion. Would also like to see options for the format/team/competition taken into account so for example a Test in England will use Investec stumps, a home ODI will use Royal London... A World Cup competition will use its boundary ropes/adboard etc.

The tools seem fantastic for making high quality mods, it would be a shame if we couldn't get them to appear in the relevant places to make the game as immersive as possible. For me this was the main problem with the modding of DBC14 which made me lose motivation for it (both creating my own and downloading/applying other works).

Somebody confirm please...Will there be bruises and on field injuries in the game?

What about a option ro customised zhe banners or stumps DBC17 in don Bradman and make the west inides 4 day competition in details as the Australians competition and also @Ross remember our four day competition change . your can now draft player's and each team as a set budget and improve the fielding and wicketkeeper and financials overview of the and in career mode allow our player to earning money and to use it to buy in game gears , clothing,accesssories and our player to have a signature shot like dilsanindscoop and bring in feeder clubs for the teams in county and state cricket and finally and man of the match presentation or awards animations presentations

Somebody confirm please...Will there be bruises and on field injuries in the game?

I THINK I read something about injuries in the career mode that can hamper your progression. I THINK.

As far as on field bruises, deaths, mutilations, fatalities, along side streaking & stripping etc... are concerned, I think they are not there, at least not in the 2016-2017 iteration. May be Ross would weigh in on these serious issues.

As far as on field bruises, deaths, mutilations, fatalities, along side streaking & stripping
Why would anyone need all of this? How interesting will it be to get hit on the head and all of a sudden a popup appears saying "your career is over" or "you're dead" (like all this shooting titles). I mean some people seriously having a problem of understanding the direction BA wants to take the cricket gaming. The most realistic gameplay... the most obvious squad updates (changes) as career progresses, international, domestic call ups based on form etc; are the obvious aspects they should look into, which they actually are doing. DO you really love to miss playing some important match(es) or Series because of some stupid popup says "you're injured" and "will heal in 2 months".. I mean seriously?

Please understand, All aspects of a commercial FIFA game shouldn't be the bare essentials for the best Cricket game of the decade! in my opinion; BA is doing everything perfectly right this time!

I would be happy to have injuries like broken fingers/hands etc if you were to be struck batting/fielding, but I would be a bit annoyed if my player ruptured his ACL while I was simming. You would assume the player would be wearing all the right protective equipment so major injuries should be avoidable.
Maybe if the equipment is available in game but you don't use it (no helmet, box, chest protection etc) then the lay off may be slightly longer (maybe to punish the user for his carelessness or if they're deliberately getting hurt), but I would prefer it to be rare and game specific (things you see while playing)

Users who are viewing this thread