Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

You are misunderstanding him.

He is asking if he can change the uniforms of teams that are already in a career mode.

The answer to that question is probably different as all the stadiums/uniforms/logos may be set in stone once the career mode starts.

It is actually a fantastic question
Ah gotcha, it would be pretty cool to be able to replicate the competition you play in. You may be able to change these things before you start the career mode similar as to how you can edit the team you choose but that's a @MattW question.

From looking at Twisties Career video and from dark pits of my memory, I am going to say that you can edit colours and grounds for the club teams. However, since those teams aren't available in the academy i believe. I get the impression that the club teams all play in whites. So no changing of kits. But grounds were definitely in there.

In regards to the other teams, I presume it will all be taken from whatever changes you made in the academy prior to the beginning of your career mode.

Will the helicopter shot have sliders?

Does anyone know if the club team we start at determines which county/state team we can join, or is it all random? Like, are different clubs linked to the county they're in or anything, or are they just randomly named? Just thinking that if I want to play for specific first class sides, etc, will it make a difference where we start, or will we get the option to go where we want later anyway?

You pick your intended domestic team first (and the country you pick your domestic side from will be your international side), which then shows you a list of options for club teams - so you will always go from your club to a specific domestic side.

You'll get offers from overseas domestic clubs - which you can then pick which you want (or none), but your base club/domestic/international sides won't change.

You are misunderstanding him.

He is asking if he can change the uniforms of teams that are already in a career mode.

The answer to that question is probably different as all the stadiums/uniforms/logos may be set in stone once the career mode starts.

It is actually a fantastic question

Very disappointing if that is the case, though the silence on it makes me think it's probably true.

You pick your intended domestic team first (and the country you pick your domestic side from will be your international side), which then shows you a list of options for club teams - so you will always go from your club to a specific domestic side.

You'll get offers from overseas domestic clubs - which you can then pick which you want (or none), but your base club/domestic/international sides won't change.

That's awesome, Matt, cheers!

Very disappointing if that is the case, though the silence on it makes me think it's probably true.

if the lineups / rosters are dynamic, and i think i recall that you can alter your player's appearance within the career, then I would be surprised if the kits can't be changed within the career.

logos and stadiums might be different because it's rare (almost non-existent?) for teams to change their stadiums/logos.

if the lineups / rosters are dynamic, and i think i recall that you can alter your player's appearance within the career, then I would be surprised if the kits can't be changed within the career.

logos and stadiums might be different because it's rare (almost non-existent?) for teams to change their stadiums/logos.

Rare it might be in real life, but this is a game where I'd imagine people will be making new stadiums, and better ones, as time goes on.

If DBC 17 is as buggy as DBC14 you've lost a customer. When the ball goes THROUGH THE BAT! and hits the wickets, or the batsmen take a run that isn't queued up and can't be sent back no matter how many times you press cancel run that's just poos. Either it's laziness or the coders have no clue, DBC14 was a big disappointment, Bradman would never have put his name to it, lucky he's dead and can't tell you himself what a travesty of a cricket game you made.

Rare it might be in real life, but this is a game where I'd imagine people will be making new stadiums, and better ones, as time goes on.

Very good point, this. Hopefully it's a bit more flexible than DBC14. I always assumed everything being locked in then was to stop people messing with the line-ups or player stats to make things easier or something. Would help to be able to update purely aesthetic things like kits, stadiums, player bats, etc, as you went along though, with the line-ups taking care of themselves.

Does anyone know if there's more incentive to win things as a team this time round? On the last game, apart from personal satisfaction, it was kind of inconsequential because there was no real reward for winning competitions or even matches really, and there was no record of your previous team achievements or anything. I'm assuming this year's game will manage that better, maybe with bonus points for your playr or something, but don't know if anyone's seen exactly what's on offer.

can anyone confirm if they've fixed the close in fielders? in DB14 you can smash a ball into a close in fielder (silly point, etc), it'll bounce off them without any worries.

Just wondering whether with the new dynamic lineups for career they will include more then the allowed number of internationals in a teams starting XI? I know that for example BBL teams can only have two internationals playing but can have more in their squad, will the dynamic lineups take the international cap into account or will they just choose the best XI available which will more then likely include 3+ internationals

Users who are viewing this thread